Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 11

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by raksha.l

Can anybody please take the pain of explaining to me as to why one should 'fight' with America in the first place???Ermm

The debate is over moral and political ideology. America considers itself the most powerful country in the world and believes it can manipulate the world. In recent times the American government have taken some very questionable actions, that does not adhere to the principles of freedom, liberty and personal respect it stands for. Certain Americans visiting other countries have often been snotty, pompous or misbehaved. The point is someone wants to show America their place and take delusions away.

What's wrong in considering oneself as the most powerful???Just shows its high self image as a country, rightoo?...and as for people behaving snotty, well I blame the others who put them on a high pedestal, otherwise pompous behaviour can make one look like a fool if no one cared for it..Wink..And I agree about someone letting them know about how wrong their recent actions were..

Is the word 'fight' or 'compete'???D'oh

I am not sure what the correct word is. However, I would say a more appropriate terms would be 'reality check'  'plant their feet back on the ground'  'unplug the power trip'

'Reality check' is something that each country has to do within itself, how can another country help???Here aren't we talking about if India can 'fight' America??

I am not sure why every Indian grows up hating America ( even I did, until I saw the other side of the fence)...

Hate is a strong word, but they really really really really don't like us. Not just Indians, Europeans, South Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Asians, Africans pretty much the rest of the world does not seem to think highly of us. It's the pricks that run the country that creates a bad name for everyone. It is wrong for people to make assumptions about Americans but they cannot be blamed as it is natural to be cautious. Once they get to know a more diverse cross section of Americans they will perhaps change their mind.

Ok, that's your opinion that 'pricks' have been running the country...The rest I agree and that's why I say, its more a case of weak people disliking the strong and anything to do with strength.....Thanks for responding to my questions...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who dares fight with America? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Can anybody please take the pain of explaining to me as to why one should 'fight' with America in the first place???Ermm

I am not sure why every Indian grows up hating America ( even I did, until I saw the other side of the fence)...

Anyways, would love to get some answers to my questions..

We have to blame our ills on someone and America being the farthest is the best bet WinkLOL

LOL That's more like it...LOL

ROFL

Blame my poor writing skills...hating America is old Fashion in India.....that trend is outdated.......LOLLOLLOL.Hating american Culture and boasting about Desi culture is not our generation "ishtyle". Being Global citizen and fighting against Global warming..switching off the power in the name of Earth Hour  is the present and hottest trend in INDIATongue.

I disagreeTongue...There are more people proud of Indian culture and diss the western culture than ever before- the simple reason being...In any case doing things for 'ishtyle' isn't reliable and cannot be counted, cos it keeps changing all the time..Wink...And as for the current trends India, the part where I visited recently, people are still more worried about less glamorous things like 'poverty','corruption' etc..WinkLOL and yep the power switching off thing has been there from times immemorial, but not sure if it was for anything more than saving a few bucks on the current bill..LOLLOLLOL

The topic I just wanted to emphasise is did India rise to the level of boldly opposing US in the matters in which it is really against it. My debate is INDIA really capable of boldly implementing its decisions and policies ...after several years of Independence......Is India of the level of CHINA or FRANCE or GERMANY.....

India did boldly oppose US in the recent times and even before...We have taken a strong stand in the Iraq issue and the other such issues...Just like someone else was mentioning in this thread, we don't have to poke our nose into every matter that doesn't concern us, just to show our displeasure and prove our ability to oppose...We are doing good for a country with self respect and the world is realizing how we are quitely spreading our wings...

Hating USA just for the namesake or fake ideologies is just nonsenseSmile

Spot on!Thumbs Up It just shows lack of self-confidence...Smile

cheers,

Myth

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

The debate is over moral and political ideology. America considers itself the most powerful country in the world and believes it can manipulate the world. In recent times the American government have taken some very questionable actions, that does not adhere to the principles of freedom, liberty and personal respect it stands for. Certain Americans visiting other countries have often been snotty, pompous or misbehaved. The point is someone wants to show America their place and take delusions away.

What's wrong in considering oneself as the most powerful???Just shows its high self image as a country, rightoo?...and as for people behaving snotty, well I blame the others who put them on a high pedestal, otherwise pompous behaviour can make one look like a fool if no one cared for it..Wink..And I agree about someone letting them know about how wrong their recent actions were..

There is a difference between self confidence and over confidence, there is a difference between taking pride in your achievements and downright disgusting arrogance. If one cannot see the difference between these extremes in the United States then it is time to take off those rose colored sunglasses handed out by the administration.

Who said Americans do not make a fool of themselves. In fact they make complete gigantic assholes of themselves. The sad thing is that the people who do so are completely oblivious to it. No one really is putting Americans on a pedestal, it is simply idiots who assume that people worship them who end up making bigger fools of themselves.

We as humans believe in a basic principle of respect for people. Some Americans not only fail in respecting people, but they are hypocritical about it. They talk of freedom and equality, but have no idea what it is. They talk about building a nation on Judeo-Christian values but have no idea what these noble values are.

I am not sure what the correct word is. However, I would say a more appropriate terms would be 'reality check'  'plant their feet back on the ground'  'unplug the power trip'

'Reality check' is something that each country has to do within itself, how can another country help???Here aren't we talking about if India can 'fight' America??

You are completely misunderstanding the point. This is not a physical fight or even an argument. We are talking about making an ideological point. When it comes to an ideological revolution one man can take on a nation. We are coming to a point where not just every country but  a large cross section of the American population wants to work toward a change that changes and improves American ideology in respect to people and the world.

Hate is a strong word, but they really really really really don't like us. Not just Indians, Europeans, South Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Asians, Africans pretty much the rest of the world does not seem to think highly of us. It's the pricks that run the country that creates a bad name for everyone. It is wrong for people to make assumptions about Americans but they cannot be blamed as it is natural to be cautious. Once they get to know a more diverse cross section of Americans they will perhaps change their mind.

Ok, that's your opinion that 'pricks' have been running the country...The rest I agree and that's why I say, its more a case of weak people disliking the strong and anything to do with strength.....Thanks for responding to my questions...

It is not an opinion, but a fact that the country is being run by pricks. Either one has not learned better or they are just part of the self serving loop of pricks.

This is not the case of weak disliking the strong. It is a case of standing up for the right against the wrong. Do not assume the rest of the world is weak. Just because they don't strut their stuff does not mean they have nothing.

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 1:13pm | IP Logged

The debate is over moral and political ideology. America considers itself the most powerful country in the world, so it isnt? and believes it can manipulate the world , it doesnt/cant?. In recent times the American government have taken some very questionable actions, that does not adhere to the principles of freedom, liberty and personal respect it stands for but if they stand for its own self interest, it is not questionable, everyone is supposed to do things for their benefits. Certain Americans visiting other countries have often been snotty, pompous or misbehaved. That is the attitude of arrogant people and arrogance is not a birthright of America, you should see tha arrogance of Indians/Brits/Chinese visiting other countries. The point is someone wants to show America their place and take delusions away. By killing innocent civilians by blowing planes into buildings?

when someone is wealthy,powerful, they are supposed to use their power for the good or welfare of others, if that is power trip for some, then so be itWink

Hate is a strong word, but they really really really really don't like us. Not just Indians, Europeans, South Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Asians, Africans pretty much the rest of the world does not seem to think highly of us. It's the pricks that run the country that creates a bad name for everyone. It is wrong for people to make assumptions about Americans but they cannot be blamed as it is natural to be cautious. Once they get to know a more diverse cross section of Americans they will perhaps change their mind

What most of those Pricks do is they look after the interests of their countrymen the first and foremost, now if that is unfathomable to people, perhaps some fast learning classes can be conducted that teach the reality, your benefit comes before "freedom, equality etc", but other than that nothing can be done to remove the ignorance of those "not so enlightened". Sorry since we are down to the name calling, I think that should be acceptable, shouldnt itWink?

Edited by chal_phek_mat - 13 April 2008 at 1:15pm

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

There is a difference between self confidence and over confidence, there is a difference between taking pride in your achievements and downright disgusting arrogance. If one cannot see the difference between these extremes in the United States then it is time to take off those rose colored sunglasses handed out by the administration.

There are extremes everywhere...Show me one institution which has no extremes...

Who said Americans do not make a fool of themselves. In fact they make complete gigantic assholes of themselves. The sad thing is that the people who do so are completely oblivious to it. No one really is putting Americans on a pedestal, it is simply idiots who assume that people worship them who end up making bigger fools of themselves.

So what are we complaining about, if they were making a fool of themselves already???Its an individual choice, I guess, rightoo?And as for the highlighted thing, care to explain?

We as humans believe in a basic principle of respect for people. Some Americans not only fail in respecting people, but they are hypocritical about it. They talk of freedom and equality, but have no idea what it is. They talk about building a nation on Judeo-Christian values but have no idea what these noble values are.

These kind of hypocrats exist everywhere, why pickcing on Americans only???

You are completely misunderstanding the point. This is not a physical fight or even an argument.

What made you think that I understood it that way???Smile

We are talking about making an ideological point. When it comes to an ideological revolution one man can take on a nation. We are coming to a point where not just every country but  a large cross section of the American population wants to work toward a change that changes and improves American ideology in respect to people and the world.

I agree that America should work on its strategies but tell me which country doesn't need to???Change is needed...But again, why pick only on America, as if the rest of the world is perfect..Every country has to change from time to time, to be able to stay atop...America too needs to realize its shortcomings and work on them, simple...I agree with Americans trying to work towards an improvement in the American ideology, but what has the rest of the world to do with it???Aren't they supposed to focus on themselves first???

It is not an opinion, but a fact that the country is being run by pricks. Either one has not learned better or they are just part of the self serving loop of pricks.

Are you telling me that India is being run by Saints???D'oh

This is not the case of weak disliking the strong. It is a case of standing up for the right against the wrong.

There are a lot of wrongs within every country, first they better focus on that...People should first stand up against wrongs in their own respective countries...Gov.s should stop playing with its people before assuming a self righteous position against evils of the world...

Do not assume the rest of the world is weak. Just because they don't strut their stuff does not mean they have nothing.

A lot of times they should have something to strut..Wink...Who said the rest of the world is weak??I was just stating a fact ' that weak always dislikes the strong'...Wink

BTW, cool down RTH..No need to use such strong language...This is just a debate and unfortunately none of what we decide here is going to be presented in tomorw's parliament session in India..

I am not  pro America(I am actually stamped as 'chak de India' ask Anshu/RajWinkLOL) or whatever, I am just stating the facts from the other side of the fence...

It was nice talking to you btw, I have always liked the way you come up with a detailed POV on whatever topic you were presenting your views on...Clap

Edited to add this: Just ignored a few questionable statements , as I just want to go with the general point you were trying to make, and did not certainly want to speak in the same language..I hope you noticed that...

Edited by raksha.l - 13 April 2008 at 1:45pm

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

The debate is over moral and political ideology. America considers itself the most powerful country in the world, so it isnt? and believes it can manipulate the world , it doesnt/cant?. In recent times the American government have taken some very questionable actions, that does not adhere to the principles of freedom, liberty and personal respect it stands for but if they stand for its own self interest, it is not questionable, everyone is supposed to do things for their benefits. Certain Americans visiting other countries have often been snotty, pompous or misbehaved. That is the attitude of arrogant people and arrogance is not a birthright of America, you should see tha arrogance of Indians/Brits/Chinese visiting other countries. The point is someone wants to show America their place and take delusions away. By killing innocent civilians by blowing planes into buildings?

when someone is wealthy,powerful, they are supposed to use their power for the good or welfare of others, if that is power trip for some, then so be itWink

Hate is a strong word, but they really really really really don't like us. Not just Indians, Europeans, South Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Asians, Africans pretty much the rest of the world does not seem to think highly of us. It's the pricks that run the country that creates a bad name for everyone. It is wrong for people to make assumptions about Americans but they cannot be blamed as it is natural to be cautious. Once they get to know a more diverse cross section of Americans they will perhaps change their mind

What most of those Pricks do is they look after the interests of their countrymen the first and foremost, now if that is unfathomable to people, perhaps some fast learning classes can be conducted that teach the reality, your benefit comes before "freedom, equality etc", but other than that nothing can be done to remove the ignorance of those "not so enlightened". Sorry since we are down to the name calling, I think that should be acceptable, shouldnt itWink?

Clap

You put it forth more emphatically than I was trying to..Thanks

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

The important question is not about how powerful or how manipulative it is but how it chooses to use its strengths. The interest of a country is the interest of its people. If America considered its own interest then it would have considered the welfare of its own people. However, the nation has forgotten interests of its own citizens and the world for the benefit of a few choice people. The biggest problem in America is its hypocritical stand on policies.

We are talking about America here. Every country has their own flaws. There are bad representatives for every nation. The problem is that it American behavior has slowly become a global concern.

Where did I ever condone terrorism or acts of violence. We are talking about ideological standpoint here and one can make a point without violence.

Umm what good and welfare of others are you talking about. If that good and welfare existed this debate would not be taking place.

If America actually looked after its own people then it would not be so much of a concern. At least the nation looks well after its own people. However, the American government has done nothing to look after its own people. How many people cannot even afford basic healthcare? How many of our own veterans who lost limbs fighting for our country are now living on the streets? How many of our own citizens live in substandard housing, without basic amenities? How many infants are frozen to death each year because there is no heating facilities? How many teenagers drop out of school to work? How many children were left behind? How many youth live in neighborhoods so dangerous that some will not live to see seventeen?

There are hundreds of questions that can be asked to our American government. What have they done for us? How have we the people benefited from the choices our country made? If there was even a small percent of improvement for the citizens, I would not be upset so much.

Pardon me but it bothers me that I am giving the government interest free loans to blow people up each year than make a difference in the community I live it and it bothers me further when people justify these actions that result in a lose lose situation for American citizens and our governments victims.

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
@RTH: Now you are confusing yourself about the topic of debate here...I tought you understood it when you explained to me... The topic is whether India should./can 'fight' against America, not what America's policies should be towards its countrymen...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top