Page   of 11
Page 3 Page 11

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by raksha.l

Can anybody please take the pain of explaining to me as to why one should 'fight' with America in the first place???Ermm

Is the word 'fight' or 'compete'???D'oh

I am not sure why every Indian grows up hating America ( even I did, until I saw the other side of the fence)...

Anyways, would love to get some answers to my questions..

We have to blame our ills on someone and America being the farthest is the best bet WinkLOL

LOL That's more like it...LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who dares fight with America? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:44pm | IP Logged

Can anybody please take the pain of explaining to me as to why one should 'fight' with America in the first place???Ermm I agree, waise yeh communists ka long cherished dream raha hai, to see America destroyed. LOL

I am not sure why every Indian grows up hating America ( even I did, until I saw the other side of the fence)... This is certainly untrue, no idea how it was previously. On the contrary America ki image improve huyi hai India mein, haan jab woh apne views thopne ki koshish karte hain to log gussa ho jaate hain but most don't "hate" America.

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Can anybody please take the pain of explaining to me as to why one should 'fight' with America in the first place???Ermm I agree, waise yeh communists ka long cherished dream raha hai, to see America destroyed. LOLI think soLOL

I am not sure why every Indian grows up hating America ( even I did, until I saw the other side of the fence)... This is certainly untrue, no idea how it was previously.

I am talking about the present situation...There are a lot more who dislike America than who like it...America is the favorite punch bag of people of the rest of the world...Even people who are unaware of American politics make jokes on Hillary, Obama, Bush and laugh at them...D'oh...Anyways, that just shows that America is a country which has achieved something, which these people are still dying to...

On the contrary America ki image improve huyi hai India mein, haan jab woh apne views thopne ki koshish karte hain to log gussa ho jaate hain but most don't "hate" America...

Not sure what improved...Recently one of my cousins visited America and I took him to the WTC memorial...After reading through some of the stuff there he just walked away disinterestedly saying 'good, these people deserved it, I am glad they got their lesson'...I was sooo shocked listening to that...I asked him what was he glad about, about so many thousands dying??And who deserved it, the people who died???He said, no obviously not the people, but the US gov...I told him US gov. has nothing to do with it, it ultimately boils down to the people and their relatives and by saying that 'they deserved it' he was automatically relishing those deaths and the aftermath on those relatives...Dead..He took a step back and then again came back saying its the people who suffer anyways, what about all those who died in India during various attacks, what did US do about it??ShockedLOL..I didn't know how to react..It was tough for me to keep a straight face as I already made him red with my on slaught...LOLI don't know why people expect US to react to the things that our own India wont react....Our Gov. has no time to even shed a tear for these inconsequential people...They still keep worrying about how Indira Gandhi/Rajeev Gandhi got assassinated, but what about all those normal people who die everyday in these attacks???How is US supposed to help it, when India itself is bindaas about it??Unhappy...

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by SolidSnake

I am not sure why every Indian grows up hating America ( even I did, until I saw the other side of the fence)... This is certainly untrue, no idea how it was previously.

I am talking about the present situation...There are a lot more who dislike America than who like it...America is the favorite punch bag of people of the rest of the world...Even people who are unaware of American politics make jokes on Hillary, Obama, Bush and laugh at them...D'oh...Anyways, that just shows that America is a country which has achieved something, which these people are still dying to... I think media tends to exaggerate anti-US protests. And I would make a distinction between current US govt and US as a nation. And rather than "hating" US, why don't people first take their govts to task?

---

On the contrary America ki image improve huyi hai India mein, haan jab woh apne views thopne ki koshish karte hain to log gussa ho jaate hain but most don't "hate" America...

Not sure what improved...Recently one of my cousins visited America and I took him to the WTC memorial...After reading through some of the stuff there he just walked away disinterestedly saying 'good, these people deserved it, I am glad they got their lesson'...I was sooo shocked listening to that...I asked him what was he glad about, about so many thousands dying??And who deserved it, the people who died???He said, no obviously not the people, but the US gov...I told him US gov. has nothing to do with it, it ultimately boils down to the people and their relatives and by saying that 'they deserved it' he was automatically relishing those deaths and the aftermath on those relatives...Dead..He took a step back and then again came back saying its the people who suffer anyways, what about all those who died in India during various attacks, what did US do about it??ShockedLOL..I didn't know how to react..It was tough for me to keep a straight face as I already made him red with my on slaught...LOLI don't know why people expect US to react to the things that our own India wont react....Our Gov. has no time to even shed a tear for these inconsequential people...They still keep worrying about how Indira Gandhi/Rajeev Gandhi got assassinated, but what about all those normal people who die everyday in these attacks???How is US supposed to help it, when India itself is bindaas about it??Unhappy...

Well, I feel sorry for your cousin. Before blaming anyone we should look at ourselves..what have we done. Itni badi country hai, more than a billion population hai, huge economy, poweful military...phir bhi we expect US to do our job. Who are we kidding..it is juvenile stuff. LOL It is our own country, we ourselves are responsible for it...we need to get mentality ki koi aur aakar humara kaam karega.

But still I would personally say most of Indians do not "hate" US. There may be some anger against some policies of various US govts over a period of time but still overall there is no "hate".

Edited by SolidSnake - 12 April 2008 at 11:42pm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 1:40am | IP Logged

Can anybody please take the pain of explaining to me as to why one should 'fight' with America in the first place???Ermm

The debate is over moral and political ideology. America considers itself the most powerful country in the world and believes it can manipulate the world. In recent times the American government have taken some very questionable actions, that does not adhere to the principles of freedom, liberty and personal respect it stands for. Certain Americans visiting other countries have often been snotty, pompous or misbehaved. The point is someone wants to show America their place and take delusions away.

I am not sure what the correct word is. However, I would say a more appropriate terms would be 'reality check'  'plant their feet back on the ground'  'unplug the power trip'

I am not sure why every Indian grows up hating America ( even I did, until I saw the other side of the fence)...

Hate is a strong word, but they really really really really don't like us. Not just Indians, Europeans, South Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Asians, Africans pretty much the rest of the world does not seem to think highly of us. It's the pricks that run the country that creates a bad name for everyone. It is wrong for people to make assumptions about Americans but they cannot be blamed as it is natural to be cautious. Once they get to know a more diverse cross section of Americans they will perhaps change their mind.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 3:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

The debate is over moral and political ideology. America considers itself the most powerful country in the world and believes it can manipulate the world. In recent times the American government have taken some very questionable actions, that does not adhere to the principles of freedom, liberty and personal respect it stands for. Certain Americans visiting other countries have often been snotty, pompous or misbehaved. The point is someone wants to show America their place and take delusions away.

I am not sure what the correct word is. However, I would say a more appropriate terms would be 'reality check'  'plant their feet back on the ground'  'unplug the power trip'

Hate is a strong word, but they really really really really don't like us. Not just Indians, Europeans, South Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Asians, Africans pretty much the rest of the world does not seem to think highly of us. It's the pricks that run the country that creates a bad name for everyone. It is wrong for people to make assumptions about Americans but they cannot be blamed as it is natural to be cautious. Once they get to know a more diverse cross section of Americans they will perhaps change their mind.

Hug You got my point correct RTH HugHugHug

Thanks for explaining the topic well Smile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 3:24am | IP Logged

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

We have to blame our ills on someone and America being the farthest is the best bet WinkLOL

LOL That's more like it...LOL

ROFL

Blame my poor writing skills...hating America is old Fashion in India.....that trend is outdated.......LOLLOLLOL.Hating american Culture and boasting about Desi culture is not our generation "ishtyle". Being Global citizen and fighting against Global warming..switching off the power in the name of Earth Hour  is the present and hottest trend in INDIATongue.

The topic I just wanted to emphasise is did India rise to the level of boldly opposing US in the matters in which it is really against it. My debate is INDIA really capable of boldly implementing its decisions and policies ...after several years of Independence......Is India of the level of CHINA or FRANCE or GERMANY.....

Hating USA just for the namesake or fake ideologies is just nonsenseSmile

cheers,

Myth

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 8:51am | IP Logged

Clap

Originally posted by return_to_hades

A perfect explainationClap.

Edited by nitasuni - 13 April 2008 at 8:52am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top