chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by chatbuster

I did and I got the answer I wanted Tongue CB, it all depends on which kid I ask WinkLOL All a matter of perspective!

perspective? sure. Tonguemust be some perspective that would put the US in the same league as the husseins, the chinese, the iranians, the libyans, the syrians. sure those kids are not being brain-washed?Wink

flip side of the same coin - the kids you are talking might be getting brain-washed, too Wink 

by now we've all seen pictures of those nice kids getting trained in war-fare and sitting down in lines spewing venom from early morning to late night, havent we?Wink u dont suppose they're doing it for fun, are u? and they dont exactly look like they are kids from the US, do they?Ouch but hey, if u think those are american kids, do send us some pics, okie? just might get an award for the scoop of the centuryTongue

Why should I pose this question only to American kids?? I am talking about real kids in my classroom who had homes under Saddam, but are now refugees thanks to the US intervention. Their homes were destroyed by American shelling. They never got trained in warfare or spewed venom. They were ordinary kids going to school in their home country; now, they are refugees dependent on somebody's generosity to get their basic needs fulfilled. Saddam was a monster, but the US did not invade Iraq to save the Iraqis from him. Had they done that, I would be the first one to doff my hat and thank them.

I don't care about the US either ways and I don't issue a blanket condemnation of the US, but I have seen too much happen to innocent kids to absolve the US of any misdeeds. And talking of images, I hope you have seen some of these as well

hmm, you started off implying that american kids are brainwashed as well. are we clear that they are not in the scheme of things? let's at least put that to rest before we move on to this familiar angle you now raised- that of innocent iraqi kids dying. how's that?Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who dares fight with America? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 8:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I could provide CB with the American kids for the scoop of the century.

and i'll take u up on that. must be a real sorry scary bunch of kids. meanwhile, dont know why you'd not want to feed the story to news outlets. one cld make a lot of dosh. paisa banana acha naheen lagta hai?Smile

I can guarantee at least hundred born and brought up in United States of America that will testify adding America to the list of most effed up nations in the world.

and those few hundred warped kids, most of whom are brought up in ethnic surroundings away from mainstream american life, is your home-video kinda proof to argue that american kids are brainwashed? i mean, are we even debating this?Ouch most of the kids in america who are brainwashed are more likely to have come from those effed up nations in the first place. also, let's not go around trying to find personal examples that no one can vouch for. meanwhile, just answer the simple question- do you find brainwashing to be an institutionalized feature in the US as it is in those effed up places?Wink

Who dares stand up against America? In many ways America itself.

that's true of anything/ anyone trying to improve themselves. let's not make it out to be some thing that only americans need to do.Smile

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 9:23pm | IP Logged

and i'll take u up on that. must be a real sorry scary bunch of kids. meanwhile, dont know why you'd not want to feed the story to news outlets. one cld make a lot of dosh. paisa banana acha naheen lagta hai?Smile

I can guarantee at least hundred born and brought up in United States of America that will testify adding America to the list of most effed up nations in the world.

and those few hundred warped kids, most of whom are brought up in ethnic surroundings away from mainstream american life, is your home-video kinda proof to argue that american kids are brainwashed? i mean, are we even debating this?Ouch most of the kids in america who are brainwashed are more likely to have come from those effed up nations in the first place. also, let's not go around trying to find personal examples that no one can vouch for. meanwhile, just answer the simple question- do you find brainwashing to be an institutionalized feature in the US as it is in those effed up places?Wink

that's true of anything/ anyone trying to improve themselves. let's not make it out to be some thing that only americans need to do.Smile

Exactly my point!

All the points that have been listed in this thread trying to prove America to be the most demented country, are for the Americans to handle...Why should any other country bother and unnecessarily dirty its hands!LOL

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 April 2008 at 11:40pm | IP Logged

If they are scary then so be it. Arrey if I could make money I would with hundred kids. Why I am sure I could get thousands. Problem hain ki it is not news, it is everyday life.

I said born and brought up in the United States of America. Why don't you tell me what ethnicity, what economic background, what religion you consider normal American kids to be and I assure you that I can find hundred in that group.

But I guess I may not know what brainwashing is at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5389mUpg_jM(The whole documentary is available on Youtube watch it. This is part of USA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmePzcsegk4(American Film, American people, but they could be out of their minds)

What's the Committee to Re-invade Vietnam(Chill and enjoy this one and watch Baby Mama and H&K this weekend)

We could start a new topic on harsher sentence for parole violators and world piece. Till then  - http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 22 April 2008 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Does any nation dare to fight with USA?

Not the ones in their right minds.  Some dare but their motives are driven by factors other than bravery....since you specifically asked about "dare" 

It's more like this....we support israel and that irks certain section of the world.  They lash out at us by sending suicide bombers not only in the U.S. but anything remotely American anywhere in the world.  Every time they send in a sucide bomber to hit US or anything remotely American, we send our B1 bombers.....and they send their sucide bombers...and then we send our B1 bombers and this loop goes on. 

Unless we take a nice long look at the root cause and let cooler heads prevail, these wars on "terrorism" will not cease and we will keep on getting involved with thousands of innocent deaths as collateral damage.  No doubt we have to fight terrorism to guard ourselves against any damages but clearly the way we have been fighting it is creating more and more terrorists.  It's high time we reassess our approach against terrorism. 

Some exceptions like Castro are there...but still....

Castro may be an exception but who the hell gives a sh*t for him!!!  Do you see people lining up to migrate to Cuba???  Naheen na.  Now compare that to the lines you see in front of American embassies all over the world.  You'll know what status this "exception" has in the eyes of the world.

Can any nation survive without the blessings of USA?

They can but it will be hard on them given the fact that America is the major consumer of products and services produced worldwide.  American consumers help creating and sustaining most of the jobs worldwide by providing a market for those goods and services.  It's true especially for developing countraies.  Huge part of their economy is dependent on US demand.

or atleast

Is there any successful nation which is prospered after fighting with USA?

....after "fighting with USA"!!!  Heck, so many of them did not survive after befriending the U.S.ALOL

Seriously, given the current scenario, none comes to mind.

Can India become like Cuba...self sustained....non dependent on USA?

Look around you and see all those out-sourced IT and call center jobs.  Do you think India can sustain all those jobs at current salaries and benefits if U.S.backs off!!!  Once you are done assessing this, then move on to other Indian goods and services US provides a market for.  You'll get your answerSmile

There's no doubt about America's position in the world.  It is very strong and it is envied by many.  Love it or hate it...most people wanna make U.S. their home.  It's the image that we need to think about.  Do we have a good image in the world or do we come across as obnoxious ignorant folks?  Do we seriously need an "image makeover"?  I liked the way Indira Nooyi put forth the strong position America enjoys in the world and what us Americans can do to improve our image worldwideSmile

you mean pathetic?LOL

The problem is US shows what it is not.. so it is always at the receiving end of fun and humor... I always wondered why muslims are so much against USA but dont make much noise aobut France which is almost an arabic country but is most liberal in many ways.. nudity is common and topless is not nude so on... there is a good reason why USA is hated so much....Smile

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 April 2008 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 23 April 2008 at 7:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

There's no doubt about America's position in the worldIt is very strong and it is envied by many.  Love it or hate it...most people wanna make U.S. their home.  It's the image that we need to think about.  Do we have a good image in the world or do we come across as obnoxious ignorant folks?  Do we seriously need an "image makeover"?  I liked the way Indira Nooyi put forth the strong position America enjoys in the world and what us Americans can do to improve our image worldwideSmile

you mean pathetic?LOL

Nope.  I had what I meant in my post up there.  Highlighted it in red for youSmile

The problem is US shows what it is not.. so it is always at the receiving end of fun and humor...

Not really.  It is at receiving end because the have-nots usually can't stomach the have-all prospering and flourishing.  Since when is the Arab world the "have-nots"...LOLIt's the basic human psyche.  Look around you, you'll see many who poke fun at well established and well settled people's education, profession, family, kids, parenting style, hobbies, looks, morals, ethics etc. not because the well established people are lacking in them but because the fun-makers are insecure and/or frustrated at some level or the other.  Same goes with most countries who bad mouth America and everything american.  Look at the citizens of those countries.  Most of them won't think twice before packing their bags if given a chance to migrate to the U.S .People come here for the money nothing else.... people also go to kuwait and dubai for money.. so nobody is going to pack bags to come here if there is an equally good opportunity in dubai or kuwait they would go over there...people migrate only for money... remember.. rest all is fluff... they try to make up....

The problem is not the position America has in the world....and it is not pathetic by any means.  The problem is more with some of the policies and the attitude most americans have when they are travelling abroad.  Not true...

I always wondered why muslims are so much against USA but dont make much noise aobut France which is almost an arabic country but is most liberal in many ways..

I tried to touch upon that reason in my post above.  Apart from the US policy on Israel and their proximity with Arab royalty, other thing that comes to mind is that the terrorists get lot more press worldwide when they strike against America as compared to any other country.  this is the funniest reason, nevertheless... let me know why?LOL, americans are butt of all humor for their naivete and sometimes stupid behavior, meaningless policies... and what not.. So they focus more on getting more publicity......just like the corporations or celebrities who go for the target group out of which they can get maximum mileage.  Most muslims are united in the name of religion first and any other thing later.  So most end up hating America just because their fellow muslims, who happen to be the terrorists, are getting targeted.  We have been down that road many times and I think by now you must be having a good idea about my views on so called "msulim unity" in general and terrorists in particular.US is getting attacked but it shows its spreading depravity and immorality which threatens other conservative mind sets. when it happens with a sensitive religion like islam, terrorism becomes obvious....Smile... This country has nothing good to give except a lot of money..  - for culture and values.. u might have to look at some parts of europe.. which although following in the US foot-steps.. are still respecting the basic values...

nudity is common and topless is not nude so on... there is a good reason why USA is hated so much....Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top