Suggestions / Comments

New Layout for IF - Feedback required (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 88

Prestigious

IF-Rockerz

Prestigious

Aap Ki Antara Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Just looked at the new layout, Vijay and I have to say, it didn't appeal as much as our current one did. The current one is just perfect and this is what attracted me towards India-Forums in the first place. It is different, user-friendly, and...homey when compared to the other forums. I guess, if the change is really needed, it will be useful to keep the current layout and change a few things around.

Wonderful suggestions have been made by the members and included most of what I had in mind. However, here are a few things I'd like to reiterate.

1. Although the new logo design looks great, I really like the flag in our current logo. As suggested by one of the members, I like the idea of changing the colors of the 3 people (in the new logo) with orange, white and green. Also, I'd prefer the font stating India-Forums much bolder and in flag colors.

2. In the current layout, the GA stands out, whereas in the new one, I didn't even notice them at first. Ermm

3. The way each forum is listed under channels in the current layout is unique and user-friendly. In the new layout, clicking 'more information' tab to see the rest will be a hassle. I hope to see all the channels listed on the homepage.

4. I like the way GD is mentioned on the homepage so it gets the recognition it deserves. Thumbs Up

Although I am looking forward to the changes on I-F, I hope to still feel at home and not like a stranger in my own house. Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Layout for IF - Feedback required (Page 7)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monikaseth

IF-Sizzlerz

monikaseth

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Vijay, I just checked out the new look its lovely!    Look wise and the new colour combination is simply beautiful .Clap

I absolutely loved the new logo of IF.

3.     This particular links is missing... Active Topics | Members List | Indian TV Index | TV Actors Index | IF-Addicts !

I Love it all thx alot vijay for graet work. Clap Clap Clap

rhea26

IF-Sizzlerz

rhea26

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
hey vijay...its gr8....its awesum..
btu dunno y i m likin d old 1 more...
i mean dis is just PERFECT...
ya u can make chnages in it..
but plz dont change d whoel format like in d new 1...
is id btr dats wat i think..
plz dont mind...
im just tellin wat i feel..
dis 1 i mean d old 1 is much btr...
it roxxx... Clap Clap Clap

Shantell

IF-Rockerz

Shantell

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
I fnk it wuld be g8 2 ave sum chgesz it will be gud 2 c wat ppl fnk of da new ideas..Nywy g8 idea Vijai.. Embarrassed

Angelic_A

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_A

I-F Creative Head

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

Wow! New layout looks awsome though it looks a little confusing to use.Ermm

But we def needed the change in the layout. Thumbs Up

1) The Logo of India-Forums looks great.

2) As suggested by many members we need to have a section for GA posts.

3) And about the top most active contributors. Won't the spammers be there? Ouch or is it for members who open topics?

4) The "Quick Links" tab sounds like a good idea. Thumbs Up

5) The search feature on the top is also a great idea.

6) I'm kind of confused on how were going to have sections for each shows? because so far the design only shows 3 channels.

Everything else about the design looks great. Thumbs Up

aritzia

IF-Dazzler

aritzia

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
hie Vijay bro,

just looked at the new layout , for sure it looks refreshing and loooks like 22th century techi world. Big smile

but wud like to say in more specific terms
1)as said earlier by my couple of other friends, the login space i belive have been moved a bit too low on the page , the current one was better interms of accessibility to logon.
The height of the login section can be reduced so that it doesnt take that much space.
the theme looks great, i liked the bluish tint.

2)The bollywood section as well is taking a bit of space, it was nice in the current layout.
It has some advantages being on the side rather than the top.
coz when uare in some specific section, your eyes always catches the events inthe side,but with it on the top,it might go unnoticed.
3)i liked the dropdown listing of the tv shows in their respective channel sections.
4)the new logo is very catchy

great goin ,
hope to see a newer version soon

All the best development team

-kanu

neha28

IF-Rockerz

neha28

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
wow..the new layout luks fabulous..

things are organized and sooo colourful..
tho i'll miss the current layout soo much

Rimsie.

IF-Sizzlerz

Rimsie.

YPNHK Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
nice work love the fact that there will be quick link of our fav forum Clap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top