Suggestions / Comments

New Layout for IF - Feedback required (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 88

Kiran.

IF-Veteran Member

Kiran.

Star Plus Channel

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
I am sorry I am late in replying Embarrassed
Thanks Vijay Bhai for the new layout. It looks great.
I just read through all the 4 pages....I had some suggestions but those have been brought up by everyone else.....so like GK said, I won't repeat Tongue

Just a question....instead of having the "active users" on second page, can we atleast have dev. team members listed on the front page?? or atleast the GMs...so we don't have to go through pages to see which GM is online Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Layout for IF - Feedback required (Page 4)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

I think my views will differ from all the others. I feel the site will look too dark. Though its user friendly but the colors makes it look like a business website not a place to discuss TV shows, if you see the current one and compare you will know what I mean. 

The page looks really busy hence a member wont be able to make up what to look at and what not to look at.Too many tables and sections might confuse a newbie.

I like the fact that there is a greater proportion of the website on the forum sections like lifestyle because those are some of the sections which members visit less.

Edited by Ananya_A - 24 March 2008 at 1:27pm

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 9:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ammmu

Ooohhh, so the channel logos will be on one page and then we'll click on each of them to go see the forums within the channel? That's interesting, now I can kind of picturise it in my head and it seems quite nice. I like that idea Tongue 

I agree with that ^. I think it would be better if only the channels are listed on the Home page.. and to see the diff sections members have to click on the channels.

and to promote GD more .. GD's sections can be listed on the home page.  Channels.. for TV shows .. and .. maybe GD's sections can all be listed. .. ?

sangitadas

IF-Rockerz

sangitadas

Posted: 25 March 2008 at 6:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by vijay

Thanks a lot Vijay and your Team. ClapClapClap I checked out the new design and must say its great. Though I feel the Global Announcement portion needs to have more prominence, since most of the major happenings reported in this portion catches our attention the most.

Before viewing the design there are few things that would like to point out:

a) This is a demo layout and its not functional. Currently its just showing 3 channels but we will be having all the channels. Probably all the shows will go in their respective channels page which will reduce the loading time for the homepage.

Yes this is definitely a good idea, since every channel is adding on new shows every week it seems and the homepage is burgeoning with these new entries, in addition with the existing ones.

b) We will be even concentrating on promoting General Discussions section so that will also make room on the homepage.

Yes this is very much needed I feel too. So will be interested in knowing what happens with this Section.

c) We will have the Top 10 most active contributors on the homepage too.

But then won't the spammers be on this list?

d) I know many like to see their name on the homepage page of online users but probably we will have to move it to another page as the members are increasing at a very rapid pace and soon it might reach where there will be thousand names just on the homepage. So keeping scalability issues in mind we will have to move it to the next page.

I understand, but sometimes it helps to find out active CMs and GMs in the Forum. So will shifting it to the next page reduce this convenience? Just thinking!

e) I know I had mentioned about the Buddy list changes but this homepage redesign took some extra time and since we are working on a newer framework for IF.

Will surely look out for this.

f) And a lot of features will be similar to Social Networking sites like Orkut, Facebook. Please note this change will take us around 1 months time once we freeze on the design with around 5 people team as a lot of codes will be completely redone.

This does sound exciting.

g) We are also working on changing the logo from the current one as this one cant be copyrighted as it has Indian Flag (as per indian copyright and trademark laws).

This deffo makes sense, but is the top-left hand logo going to be the official I-F logo?

h) You will also notice a "Quick  Links" on the right side of the page which is basically a smart customizable slider which slides as the page scrolls down and will also allow members to bookmark their favorite shows so that they can move from one forum to another with ease.

This is surely a good move and will help in easy navigation.

Thats all from my end for the time being.

But I would like to request something, if its possible. Could we have a FLAG button for the PMs so that we can flag the important Pms and delete the other ones easily. I don't know whether it's feasible, just wanted to ask.

Thanks once again.

hetal

IF-Veteran Member

hetal

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 12:06am | IP Logged
The layout looks good to me....once its in function, i think i will take time to get used to it but its lot simpler so very helpful.

smallwonder

IF-Veteran Member

smallwonder

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 11:03am | IP Logged
The design is good for a change, but I feel too much space is used up by the News links - both the Tellybuzz news at the top and Bollywood news at the bottom can be moved to the side and made compact - it looks like the homepage is giving too much info all at once and makes it look cluttered and difficult to find wat you are looking for... Even the recent videos are not actually needed on the home page... The Global Announcements can be moved to the center and made prominent... And more space to individual channels and links to their shows - that is the base of IF... In totally, I think it would mean, mostly retaining the current IF layout but giving it a new look would do fine...Embarrassed I havent read thru the replies, so I am sorry if they are repetitive...

SaaraCOMB

IF-Sizzlerz

SaaraCOMB

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ananya_A

I think my views will differ from all the others. I feel the site will look too dark. Though its user friendly but the colors makes it look like a business website not a place to discuss TV shows, if you see the current one and compare you will know what I mean. 

The page looks really busy hence a member wont be able to make up what to look at and what not to look at.Too many tables and sections might confuse a newbie.

My views are exactly the same as Anu.

This new layout seems to be like many other other forums and discussion boards on web. As in, its quite similar. If we have something different and unique that makes us stand out in the crowd, i guess that would be better and more appealing.

Active users list - at the bottom of the main page, currently, that actually makes the main page look bright and colorful and adds liveliness.Tongue So I'd suggest that we keep it on the main page because then catching a fellow DT member or anyone else also becomes easier.

I-F's new logo - seems nice but again can we make it a bit more colorful? As we cannot use the Indian flag we can surely use the color's of the flag for the tag 'India-Forums' instead of making it completely blue.

Mini Video Section - at the right hand corner where random videos are shown (in new layout) can we have the most currently uploaded ones shown there? And will we be adding title to it like 'Random Videos' or 'Videos' as a subtitle? Because just like that it makes it look a bit messy.

Flash Player - Will it be there in the new layout or not? It helps a lot in figuring out whats currently happening on the forum if you tend to pay a visit after quite a few days. Would be somewhat helpful for the newbie's too.

Lastly, as we are used to the site now and are aware how it functions, with the new layout we need to ensure that its user-friendly and not confusing for the 'newbie's'. If its not then this way we tend to loose members as most of them just register and then don't log in ever again because they get confused and cannot figure out how the site functions.

Thats all from my side for the time being. I haven't gone through the thread so i might be repeating myself. So, sorry for that.Embarrassed

hiral_anju0930

Goldie

hiral_anju0930

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 1:56am | IP Logged
here's my take at this:

Thumbs Up the site design is quite techno
Thumbs Up the logo looks great
Thumbs Up there's decent space for bolly and telly

Thumbs Down the color effects could be worked on
Thumbs Downwe cant just show three channels, we need all channels on display
Thumbs Down telly buzz section news look quite odd

what we need to work on is getting better content put up and the tabs of about us, star interviews, etc.. really need a revamp before the site goes up..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top