Suggestions / Comments

New Layout for IF - Feedback required (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 88

-misha

IF-Sizzlerz

-misha

Posted: 22 March 2008 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Firstly, the layout is great! Clap Thanks sho sho much Vijay Bhaiya! Hug Hug Embarrassed

As for feedback, I maybe the only one but I don't want the layout to be changed, the one currently looks perfect to me. Embarrassed

I didn't see any PM sign and changing the positions of a few things will make it look better, but overall, your efforts are very much appreciated! Clap Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Layout for IF - Feedback required (Page 3)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~Ange.Noir~

IF-Veteran Member

~Ange.Noir~

Posted: 22 March 2008 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
great layout bhai! really love it a lot.
i think more room should be given to the GAs..
also, the ad on the top of the page is too big. we could use some of that space to add more stuff/enhance features.
love the colors and new logo!!!
cant wait to see the layout in function!

--Pinky--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Pinky--

Posted: 22 March 2008 at 9:24pm | IP Logged

Just asking.

Instead of changing the whole layout can we not keep the current layout, and just change the way the channels and the serials are displayed.

Like instead of Star Plus at the left and all of the serials showings, in this same layout just have all the channels showing, and clicking the channel will go to the next screen which will have all the serials

Jaslove

IF-Rockerz

Jaslove

Posted: 22 March 2008 at 10:46pm | IP Logged

Wow Vijay Bro

the new layout looks really good, I like it.Embarrassed 

its perfect, since IF is growing day by day,

1. for the serial name part I have to agree with pinkykhan
  2. GA should be either in the center or top of the page so members can see them easily thats all. I guess the rest of the Mods said what I wanted.Big smile
  3. Bollywood news can either be on the side

Star_on_earth

IF-Rockerz

Star_on_earth

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 1:19am | IP Logged

firstly congrats for such a wonderful layout... Clap Clap it looks great!!

personally i think the new one is better than the old one..and simpler too..not all the members check everything on the homepage..so its better highlighting the main points and leaving the rest to "more" Embarrassed

infact....i have a suggestion...why not have only the channel names on the homepage and...when you click on the channel u get a list of all the serials ..... instead of listing out all the serials of each channel on the homepage??Embarrassed that would give alot of space for other stuff...

i agree with the rest...telly buzz and bolly news could be at the side..giving more space for GA's..

having GD sections too on the homepage is very refreshing and gud for the sections too... Big smile

overall the layout looks fine so far... Big smile

Edited by Star_on_earth - 23 March 2008 at 1:44am

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 7:50am | IP Logged
First of all thanks to all for giving their input and its really appreciated.

I wanted to show the design before implementing as that way we have the option to make corrections. And right now we can take in all the suggestions.

Lets discuss the points raise:

a) The childsafe advocates is a banner space Smile and has nothing to do with our site policy. And may be some other banner keep showing. As you know we cover all our servers expenses, site development, tellybuzz through the ad revenues so we do need to give an attractive spot to our site advertiser (we have to be fair with them too as they help us run the show financially).

b) Yes I know with time we all have got used to the current design and start finding it simple to use. But the problem is that when I asked many people to give their feedback about India Forums they first didnt understood what it is all about as half people feels lost (and other half do not believe people can chat so much about Television shows and start giving wierd faces.)

c) The idea is now to make India Forums a safe social networking site which has a lot more to offer then just television discussions (where we are already #1). We want to get the same recognition for Bollywood too and other interest areas like Sports, Poems, Books and much more.

d) The changes suggested have been informed to the designing team:

- To highlight Global Announcements so that it doesnt look sidelined.

- Bollywood and TellyBuzz section will come side by side.

- We will have Channels pages seperate so that we can have Channel specific announcements too so it will help our Channel Moderators handle their sections.

- The links that you all are seeing missing will soon be coming in the next layout.

e) The login box, intro about IF will only appear for visitors who are coming on our site for the first time so that they get a complete idea of what India Forums is all about and they can easily get them started.

If you have more suggestions then feel free to drop your views here as me and the designing team will be going through them regularly.

Cheers,
Vijay

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Vijay Bhai! Clap Clap

Ooohhh, so the channel logos will be on one page and then we'll click on each of them to go see the forums within the channel? That's interesting, now I can kind of picturise it in my head and it seems quite nice. I like that idea Tongue

I do agree about having IF receive recognition for more things, expansion is always good and that's a great idea.

All the changes sound good to me, can't wait to see the newer layout! Tongue

gk_09

Global Moderator

gk_09

BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 10:48am | IP Logged
The new layout looks great to me!

Everyone has already pointed out the issues so I wont repeat myself! Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top