Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Nice design but it doesn't feel like I-F at all - will get used to the layout thoughπŸ˜†....

Love the new logo....I definitely think it's a lot more welcoming to members who don't originate from India😳...

Like others have pointed out the GA's are being sidelined....many of the Dev. Team decide to make topics GA so as to catch members attention but I don't see that happening here....

I like how the channels are placed - side by side as opposed to on top of each other....

Because the GD section is so small; could we possibly place it a bit higher?....It's a wonderful part of I-F but hardly any-one is aware of it!....Also I think important sections like Rules and Avi and Sig shop should be somewhere where they can be seen clearly...

The simple colours are wonderful though!πŸ˜›

Overall; I can't wait for this new layout to be put in place!😳

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Agree with meghavi and ammu,,

We should probably have all the sections on the main page, and have general discussions as one section and general as one section. A lot of the general sections are repeated on GD page anyway, so that can be avoided... 😳
nidhi2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dramaholic

I kind of like it how it is.. 😳
The new layout just makes it look like most of the other forums, the present layout makes I-F unique..

Could'nt we just improve this present layout, instead of channing everything..=(

yup agree with u DB😊

i feel IF hv unique layout😳...though IF is unique let it b unique naπŸ˜ƒ
advil thumbnail

Vijay Bhai,

I will skip what I like in this new layout and will list out only what I haven't liked in this new layout. It's an honest opinion for betterment of IF and I hope it wont be taken to heart as harsh criticism...😳

OK, here are the points :

1. The Logo : even though it is OK, the earlier one seemed better .This one looks more like a UN logo.
  2. Too much of space has been allotted to the Childsafe  message.
  3. The page design looks haphazard and confusing now.
  4. Too much of space has been allotted to video uploading and display.
  5. Tellybuzz section looks confusing.
  6. Bollywood channel has been given too much of space too
  7. The GA at the side has lost its purpose. Either the GA topics should be flashing or they should occupy the center to catch the eyes. On the sides, they do neither and seemed totally sidelined.
  8. Important links like COC, Help, IF Dev Team etc, is allotted one tiny corner at the bottom which often can miss the eyes especially that of newcomers.
  9. GD forums has been given too much of space while the main crowd puller – the popular TV shows looks all haphazard.
  10. The active member list is missing and is definitely a put off as that often helps many to know who is online  .Especially when a GM is required to tackle a situation that page can give an idea which one to contact.
  11. The new homepage has lost the welcome touch and it looks more like other sites. The unique identity of IF is lost. It looks less user-friendly.
  12.  If you have to make a change why not keep the rest as it is, but change only the Popular TV shows section by simply featuring the channel names and assigning a separate page to each channel and its sections? There you can even list out that channel Moderators name.
  13. From the space that you make by removing the section names off the channels, you can utilize that space to Tellybuzz and Video uploading.
  14. That way the objective of the new home page is met and members still can feel at home and we don't have to face the clutter.
  15. If you are interested in this suggestion, we can talk on this more.

TwilightLovee. thumbnail
Hey Vijay!
The new layout is very nice!
But the one we have now is even more nice...i really like the blue colours cos it makes it stand out! and i love the logo we have now! It's big and when you see it you immediatly know what you will find here seeing the flag!
The new one i think it's too modern...and the colours don't stand out as much!
But what i like about it, are the boxes which have the shows in, i think the way it's set out it really nice!
I think you should keep the logo and colours from this layout we have now and use some of the boxes etc. from the new layout! it would make a great combo!
watuwant thumbnail
I personally thins the new Skin is great but can u do 1 thing if possible can users have option 2 change between skin they want to use this way it would be more easy for everyone as well as for the people that like the old skin & as well as for the people that like new skin & of course you can decide which one u want 2 keep as default
sweet_dreams22 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nidhi2013

yup agree with u DB😊

i feel IF hv unique layout😳...though IF is unique let it b unique naπŸ˜ƒ

i agree too it doesnt feel like i-f at all its unique and shud stay unique it will feel diffrent and  i think u need the feeling i your heart only then u will feel aspired i mean i totally disagree but  i still like the new design its cool but the prsent one is much much better 
sweet_dreams22 thumbnail
plz dnt chnge it its vry vry nice already...
Prestigious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Just looked at the new layout, Vijay and I have to say, it didn't appeal as much as our current one did. The current one is just perfect and this is what attracted me towards India-Forums in the first place. It is different, user-friendly, and...homey when compared to the other forums. I guess, if the change is really needed, it will be useful to keep the current layout and change a few things around.

Wonderful suggestions have been made by the members and included most of what I had in mind. However, here are a few things I'd like to reiterate.

1. Although the new logo design looks great, I really like the flag in our current logo. As suggested by one of the members, I like the idea of changing the colors of the 3 people (in the new logo) with orange, white and green. Also, I'd prefer the font stating India-Forums much bolder and in flag colors.

2. In the current layout, the GA stands out, whereas in the new one, I didn't even notice them at first. πŸ€”

3. The way each forum is listed under channels in the current layout is unique and user-friendly. In the new layout, clicking 'more information' tab to see the rest will be a hassle. I hope to see all the channels listed on the homepage.

4. I like the way GD is mentioned on the homepage so it gets the recognition it deserves. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Although I am looking forward to the changes on I-F, I hope to still feel at home and not like a stranger in my own house. πŸ˜ƒ

monikaseth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Vijay, I just checked out the new look its lovely!    Look wise and the new colour combination is simply beautiful .πŸ‘

I absolutely loved the new logo of IF.

3.     This particular links is missing... Active Topics | Members List | Indian TV Index | TV Actors Index | IF-Addicts !

I Love it all thx alot vijay for graet work. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘