New Layout for IF - Feedback required - Page 4

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by Ananya_A

I think my views will differ from all the others. I feel the site will look too dark. Though its user friendly but the colors makes it look like a business website not a place to discuss TV shows, if you see the current one and compare you will know what I mean. 

The page looks really busy hence a member wont be able to make up what to look at and what not to look at.Too many tables and sections might confuse a newbie.

My views are exactly the same as Anu.

This new layout seems to be like many other other forums and discussion boards on web. As in, its quite similar. If we have something different and unique that makes us stand out in the crowd, i guess that would be better and more appealing.

Active users list - at the bottom of the main page, currently, that actually makes the main page look bright and colorful and adds liveliness.πŸ˜› So I'd suggest that we keep it on the main page because then catching a fellow DT member or anyone else also becomes easier.

I-F's new logo - seems nice but again can we make it a bit more colorful? As we cannot use the Indian flag we can surely use the color's of the flag for the tag 'India-Forums' instead of making it completely blue.

Mini Video Section - at the right hand corner where random videos are shown (in new layout) can we have the most currently uploaded ones shown there? And will we be adding title to it like 'Random Videos' or 'Videos' as a subtitle? Because just like that it makes it look a bit messy.

Flash Player - Will it be there in the new layout or not? It helps a lot in figuring out whats currently happening on the forum if you tend to pay a visit after quite a few days. Would be somewhat helpful for the newbie's too.

Lastly, as we are used to the site now and are aware how it functions, with the new layout we need to ensure that its user-friendly and not confusing for the 'newbie's'. If its not then this way we tend to loose members as most of them just register and then don't log in ever again because they get confused and cannot figure out how the site functions.

Thats all from my side for the time being. I haven't gone through the thread so i might be repeating myself. So, sorry for that.😳

here's my take at this:

πŸ‘πŸΌ the site design is quite techno
πŸ‘πŸΌ the logo looks great
πŸ‘πŸΌ there's decent space for bolly and telly

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ the color effects could be worked on
πŸ‘ŽπŸΌwe cant just show three channels, we need all channels on display
πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ telly buzz section news look quite odd

what we need to work on is getting better content put up and the tabs of about us, star interviews, etc.. really need a revamp before the site goes up..

I loved the new look of the site..πŸ‘.everything looks very professional and kool just that we can shrink the space given for New user and informing about videos (the blue space) and should use it to advertise tellybuzz and Bollywood rather😊

about the channels we shoudl include all channels and if we are less on space then it should icons of only popular shows from that channel this will save space as well.

Everything else is Rocking!!πŸ‘ 

I kind of like it how it is.. 😳
The new layout just makes it look like most of the other forums, the present layout makes I-F unique..

Could'nt we just improve this present layout, instead of channing everything..=(

great suggestions!!πŸ‘ one small suggestion
from my side, you can let people (members) design a
logo for india-forums - basically, a logo designing
contest or something!!πŸ˜‰

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 15 years ago
Hi Vijay Bro
It is looking awesome... specially like the GA for each section-- πŸ˜ƒ

A suggestion from me:

- can we have a active userlist or something so we can see which member is online where?? 😳 that will maybe help us ..
Yes NadiaIqbal

We are going to have that information too and it will even tell that the user is on which Page or Forum or any page on the forum.

Cheers,
Vijay

Originally posted by NadiaIqbal

Hi Vijay Bro
It is looking awesome... specially like the GA for each section-- πŸ˜ƒ

A suggestion from me:

- can we have a active userlist or something so we can see which member is online where?? 😳 that will maybe help us ..

Nice one Vijay😊...first of all thanks for making GD on main pg!!Its so much needed!!

But in the GD section - the different sections are not easily recognizable.. if we could have a bullet pointed list like for the rest of the tv channels i think it would b better!!

Also as some one said earlier .....it'd b better to  have only the channel names and logo on the homepage and. instead of listing out all the serials of each channel on the homepage?

Overall i love the layout:)

wow!!I just checked it out & it does look awesome...the only thing is most forums already have that look,while the current IF homepage is totally different from any other forum & also looks more welcoming 😳 I would definitely prefer to keep this layout,but as the saying goes 'u have to move with the times',so maybe it IS time for change 😭
Dear Vijay,
Though I love the present layout....but won't mind the new one. Some one suggested that "Child safety" should be on bottom. I completely disagree. Child safety on forums and internet is one of the major concerns for parents and by putting up on the top......it gives a good message.

I hope you are doing something about permanently bannig the serious and notorious defaulters.

Can we please have instructions on internet safety on all the forums? I have seen many kids giving hints about their address, identity etc. Can we please have a permanent sticky on the forum?

Rest is perfect.
Cheers