Why Poor (Page 5)

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

[

You are taking things out of context and making conclusions on what is said.. My response was to your comment about affluent people not needing morals and I just explained , to stay rich and affluent morals are needed more then ever as there are more opportunities to step out of line and make poor immoral decisions. 

hmmm. not done. did i say that rich people dont need morals?Confused what i said was that affluence/ poverty dont have much to do with morality, unless we are talking about the affluence/ poverty of the mind. to you, do those words mean rich people dont need morals? if anything, i imply that there's a distinction between the materialistic life and the spiritual one.

now can you tell us how u developed the comprehension you did for what i had.Confused OuchWink 

which means that if there's someone taking things outa context, it seems to be you, not me. without the clarifications u just offered, u seemed to be saying things earlier that were quite different. Wink

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Ok I talked about people being rich large cause

can u explain what this juxtaposition of words might mean?ConfusedWink

they may be immoral or being darn lucky.. i never mentioned loose morals makes people poor.. I said most common people who are God fearing tend to be poor (rather I would say not rich) cause they cant commit crimes...

common people. God fearing. arent u making assumptions about whether others are God fearing?Confused

common to paths of getting richer..

dont know the kind of people u've seen who lead u to these beliefs. is warren buffet a crook? is bill gates a crook? is narayan murthy a crook? is jrd tata a crook? is lakshmi mittal a crook?Ouch are the "common man" babus who take bribes and the low-class low-IQ politicians who get rich less of crooks?Confused

unless u r the laid back lottery winner,  now I dont say everybody has to be criminal.. lest, the next time you quote me as "rich people are criminals"...LOL

dont have to. we can always hang your quote about rich people having an IQ between 70 and 90.TongueWink

Edited by chatbuster - 23 March 2008 at 12:34pm
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 3:02pm | IP Logged

Moderator's Note:
Member is now being warned for the last time not to make personalized posts attacking fellow members. This is going on for long now. You want to debate reply to the subject of the post. And not make a post telling about the member's attitude. If found doing the same again stringent action would be taken by the Dev Team. The whole post has been edited out as it had nothing to do with the subject of debate but a remark passed to fellow member.

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 23 March 2008 at 6:20pm
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Ok I talked about people being rich large cause

can u explain what this juxtaposition of words might mean?ConfusedWink

they may be immoral or being darn lucky.. i never mentioned loose morals makes people poor.. I said most common people who are God fearing tend to be poor (rather I would say not rich) cause they cant commit crimes...

common people. God fearing. arent u making assumptions about whether others are God fearing?Confused

common to paths of getting richer..

dont know the kind of people u've seen who lead u to these beliefs. is warren buffet a crook? is bill gates a crook? is narayan murthy a crook? is jrd tata a crook? is lakshmi mittal a crook?Ouch are the "common man" babus who take bribes and the low-class low-IQ politicians who get rich less of crooks?Confused

unless u r the laid back lottery winner,  now I dont say everybody has to be criminal.. lest, the next time you quote me as "rich people are criminals"...LOL

dont have to. we can always hang your quote about rich people having an IQ between 70 and 90.TongueWink

Read posts again.. besides crime I have said about another way of becoming rich.. and you will know what I am saying...the juxtaposition is "largely because..". man are you in habit of reading those extra large print books or what... context ka sahara lo...out of context padhne sey aisa hee hota hai?LOL

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 8:11pm | IP Logged

Read posts again.. besides crime I have said about another way of becoming rich.. and you will know what I am saying...the juxtaposition is "largely because..". man are you in habit of reading those extra large print books or what... context ka sahara lo...out of context padhne sey aisa hee hota hai?LOL

no, but are u in the habit of thinking people will read words u dont write and forget about the words u do write?ConfusedSmile didnt u state earlier that rich people have IQs between 70 and 90, and that all businesses in the US are run that way? now, what cubicle do u want us to use in terms of context, stuff that you write or stuff that you dont write?Wink

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

no, but are u in the habit of thinking people will read words u dont write and forget about the words u do write?ConfusedSmile didnt u state earlier that rich people have IQs between 70 and 90, and that all businesses in the US are run that way? now, what cubicle do u want us to use in terms of context, stuff that you write or stuff that you dont write?Wink

if you stop doing iski topi uske sar kind of context switching maybe you will get clearer picture..LOL

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by SolidSnake

[QUOTE=Morning_Dew]

Here is another debate:

Poor people are poor, cause they have low IQs , otherwise, they would've made their own ways eventually to get rich ..

Or

It is nothing to do with IQ it is more of the chances of opportunity.

What you say ? Smile

This!

----

Being poor means...

Bakwaas education (you know govt schools) or no education

as far as govt schools r concerned...i personally know a lot of people who have reached great heights in their career with what u r calling "bakwas education".  jisey padhna hai woh kaheen bhi padheyga.  jisey naheen padhna...woh achhey sey achhey school mein bhi naheen padheyga.  as far as "no education"...well, they choose not to get the education despite so many sarkari schools around them coz their priorities are different....their attitude is different.

There are examples yes but the difference between a student from a Govt school and a public school is simply too much in most cases. Talent and zeal to do good can take you only that far...upar se english factor doesn't help things. Take for example Indian Hockey team..do we lack talent or zeal..NO! But we almost never beat European or Aus teams..and this time we didn't even qualify for the olympics. The gap between us and them is simply too big.

No guidance (which is crucial IMO)

if they choose not to go for an education, then it is mostly a given...shdn't surprise anyone.  still, there r plenty of role models around them if they just change their attitude and get that zeal to make something outta themselves.  all they need to do is looks around them...identify one...and reach out along with a determination to pull themselves out of poverty.  the role model cld be in form of the aunty in whose house they wash clothes or the seth ji whose car they drive.  there r people out there who'll help when approached.  problem arises when one is satisfied what one has and makes no effort to improve their condition...worst...one cribs about badkismatee all the time but wouldn't even lift a finger to do something about the poverty they r in.

It is easy to say that they need to change their attitude and do not make effort for better living..when you don't have a house to live or food to eat or cloths to wear..then such things dont even cross your mind. Thats why if reservation is to be implemented than it should be for such people. They need massive govt support.

Lack of support system (tution, books and other stuff)

again, if one doesn't try hard enuff, one shd not be blaming their failures on lack of support system.  there r instances where some poor people had the zeal and they did find a way to get all that is required to get an education.  best example is Dr. Ambedkar.  If some can do this...why can't others?  they may not be able to rise to Dr. Ambedkar's level...but they can at least make a beginning...can't they?

From Dr.Ambedkar's wikipedia entry it seems his father was a degree holder working in Indian Army during British Raj..yes they faced cast discrimination but doesn't seem like their family was poor.

Limited scope of thinking (doesn't get to know much about the prospective course or opportunities)

that again ties to the attitude...the lack of motivation or zeal to make something out of themselves.  the passive acceptance of what fate handed them out.

It is not a question of attitude...they simply do not know many things. Most poor farmers in villages don't seek loans from banks and instead go to private money-lenders becse they simply do not know about such loans.

Yes there are exceptions but they are exceptions.

Go to top