To be or Not to be.....a good citizen

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 6:27am | IP Logged

Do you generally mind your own business........or are you a "do gooder"

If you saw someone in need of help, would you without hesitation do your best to assist, or thinkof a dozen reasons why it's not such a good idea........

Would you lend your support or campaign for change to something that is wrong or unfair....or leave it to people who have nothing better to do

Do you think of me,myself and I, or do you see yourself as an intrinsic part of a community, nation or even of humanity?

What makes a good citizen? Should we be good citizens or is it all about looking out for yourself in this day and age.

What are the advantages/disadvantages or possible achievements/losses of being a good/bad citizen?

Would love to hear your views as we approach Good Friday when Christ allegedly sacrificed himself so the people could be saved

Angry.MAngry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "To be or Not to be.....a good citizen" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Do you generally mind your own business........or are you a "do gooder"

Usuallly I mind my own business, but if  it is necessary I react.

If you saw someone in need of help, would you without hesitation do your best to assist, or thinkof a dozen reasons why it's not such a good idea.......

Help without hesitation to the extend I  could..

Would you lend your support or campaign for change to something that is wrong or unfair....or leave it to people who have nothing better to do.

I react within my limit.

Do you think of me,myself and I, or do you see yourself as an intrinsic part of a community, nation or even of humanity?

I think about the nation becuase I am a part of it, apart of the society and a part of humanity.  There is some amount of selfishness in everything. I love the nation because I am a citizen of it, and love a person because I love his/her that part of behaviour or he/she is my ........or becuase I am a prt of the society.

What makes a good citizen? Should we be good citizens or is it all about looking out for yourself in this day and age.

Live without making problems to others and to the nature around us. In short live and let live.

What are the advantages/disadvantages or possible achievements/losses of being a good/bad citizen?

Being a good citizen, I don't know about the achievements you get, but you will be mentally peaceful.

Would love to hear your views as we approach Good Friday when Christ allegedly sacrificed himself so the people could be saved

Angry.MAngry

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
I try to be good. I try to do the right thing, be compassionate, humane and work with integrity. I try to make hard choices and make decisions between greater good and lesser evil I do not know what inspires people to be good. But I do it because thats what Olivia Benson and Alex Cabot do.

Edited by return_to_hades - 20 March 2008 at 10:04pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top