Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: brownbutt

actually, it can go the other way around...Uday could lose half of his fortune and thats the reason why he didnt want to do it...Tanisha wouldve gained half of his fortune so it technically was in his best interest to not get a pre-nup.

Can someone say Golddigger???????????

Actually Jaan lovers right uday would gain thats the whole point of prenup not to half the property etc before just to decide what they keep which in prenups like after if they divorce they can write in she cannot claim more than set amount or will be given xx which if it went to court could be more than in the prenup. Some couples sometimes just keep all the assets seeperate like with nicole and tom i bet they had houses before written in prenup and earnings/savings coming in that is theres ...which tanisha would have no worrys about after neel and nikki๐Ÿ˜†. Its true its security if aditya such a known and respected director can treat his family//wife like dirt uday can too...know they not both same but still safety net.

Edited by Ektas_Angel - 16 years ago
jncblr thumbnail
A pre-nup would be in favor of Uday. If they divorced without a pre-nup, Tanisha could claim exorbidant amounts of money as well as share in his business/property etc. With a pre-nup everything is upfront and each knows what is at risk if/when they divorce.
Sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i didn't even know they were a couple
and uday would benefit from a pre-nup

Originally posted by: soni2004

this article does not make sense and is Uday chopra has more money and more at stake than Tanisha so It would probably be him insisting on one not TAnisha.  It wouldn't be in TAnisha's best interest to sign a prenup.  It woudl have been in Uday's best interest to sign one.  Plus as an FYI, Prenup are not drawn  to "  ensures equal division of finances and personal liabilities in the event of a divorce" (as per the article) they are drawn to protect each party.  For the richer one it's drawn so that their partner cannot walk away with a crazy amount of assets.  Normally you keep what you bought into the marriage prior to the marriage and divide what you bought in together after the marriage.  The writer really needs to understand the logic behind a prenup.

IE. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman had prenups,

I think in India the divorce laws are all pro husband.. thats why a lot of men with some money leave their wives to be with younger females a lot.. and the wife has to raise the kids without proper financial support..

maybe Tanisha knows the details about Aditya Chopra's divorce settlements so she wanted financial security herself..

The chopras are stingy and don't even pay their stars their pay most the time, i am sure they would try to rip off their freshly divorced bahus too

very smart on tanisha's part..
amby_luv thumbnail
when were they both exactly dating?
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

this article does not make sense and is Uday chopra has more money and more at stake than Tanisha so It would probably be him insisting on one not TAnisha.  It wouldn't be in TAnisha's best interest to sign a prenup.  It woudl have been in Uday's best interest to sign one.  Plus as an FYI, Prenup are not drawn  to "  ensures equal division of finances and personal liabilities in the event of a divorce" (as per the article) they are drawn to protect each party.  For the richer one it's drawn so that their partner cannot walk away with a crazy amount of assets.  Normally you keep what you bought into the marriage prior to the marriage and divide what you bought in together after the marriage.  The writer really needs to understand the logic behind a prenup.

IE. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman had prenups,

I agree, it would make more sense if Uday was the one who asked for the prenup and it was Tanisha that got upset. It's Uday who has lots more to lose than Tanisha

apux thumbnail
I don't think there is anything wrong with a prenup...love today, divorce tomorrow...its kind of common nowadays...its better to be safe than sorry...I think its rather practical if one of the party is rich...
wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
omgggggggggggggg how long have they been together? n now suddenly they split ๐Ÿ˜›
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

it's quite sad that tanisha & uday split because of disagreeing over the prenup agreement.๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ they both looked so much in love.. i don't blame tanisha though.. i mean she was just being practical.๐Ÿ˜Š