Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Dakoo_Minzy*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Dakoo_Minzy*

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Reactions from experts and former players

TIMES NOW Cricket Experts believe that Dhoni has missed out on Sachin Tendulkar's crucial innings in the finals of the CB series. Reacting to these recent remarks by Dhoni, they said that he is likely to get away with these comments because india does not feature is any major One-day series in the near future. They believe that this argument is baseless and it may just backfire at him, if things within the team go wrong. Dhoni's victory allowed him to make such comments on his team's performance, but if India would have failed Down Under it could have been a tough time for him, a fact that Dhoni himself admits.

The experts added that Sachin Tendulkar's performance and the bowling was the huge contributing factor towards India's historic win Down Under. This should not be forgotten by Dhoni. According to experts, barring for Gautam Gambhir, the other young batsmen failed to be consistent in the ODI series, which highlights a major flaw in Dhoni's comments.

Former Indian captain Ajit Wadekar commented on this debate and said that there are chances that Dhoni has been misquoted in this case, because no captain would make such comments especially against players whom he has seen as a budding cricketer. He said, "It Dhoni's comments are true then there is not necessary to show disrespect towards seniors. I don't think the seniors will be affected by these comments and I believe the dressing room atmosphere will not be hampered. However, the present generation should respect the seniors, who have contributed towards the game of cricket."

Reacting to the on-going debate between the juniors and seniors, spurred recently by Indian ODI skipper MS Dhoni, Former Indian cricketer -- Bishen Singh Bedi said, " I won't say anything to Dhoni's comments, I would wait and watch if he meant what he said. I think in the fairness of the game, Dhoni should be given sometime. There is a possibility that this controversy may affect the dressing room but I hope that does not happen. Dhoni has displayed immaturity and he needs to curb his outburst. There is no harm in keeping quiet."

Link:Times of India

Ur comments to this article!!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dhoni slammed by cricketing greats" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 11:01am | IP Logged
sachin has a huge effort on india's win. Dhoni should be proud of sachin.
Smile

mango

IF-Veteran Member

mango

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
well...if dhoni really did make those statements...then shame on him...he's slowly losing the respect i had for him...by talking about the seniors the way he did (i believe the interview was shown on TV...where he did mention something about the seniors not performing...)

*Dakoo_Minzy*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Dakoo_Minzy*

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
yes,Mango it wz sown on TV!!...To add to all miseries,BCCI is supporting tat is bakkin Dhoni

Castiel007

IF-Rockerz

Castiel007

Posted: 21 March 2008 at 6:36am | IP Logged
minzzzz ...i wont leave Dhoni......He threw Ganguly Out........ Angry After winning few matches , what does he think of himself???
His batting is 3rd class.............Everyone knows this.....He is no where near to Ganguly n Dravid....n biggest thing is tht even media is supporting him Angry Angry Ouch

Edited by arshitgupta - 21 March 2008 at 6:36am

*Dakoo_Minzy*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Dakoo_Minzy*

Posted: 21 March 2008 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Yes,Arshit i completly agree with u!!!! Ouch

Donno,whyyy BCCI is supportin him!1....Itzz realllyyy somethingg Terrible!!..Uff!!..the respect i hd for BCCI is noww under mud.... Confused

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 21 March 2008 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
I think he is being misquoted....well....if his comments are true...then shame on u dhoni!!! Sachin ne hi tumhe team main entry dilwaya hain!
But mostly....Dhoni wont say such irresponsible and insensible quotes! Mujhe dhoni par bharosa hain! Big smile

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 21 March 2008 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Yes, I didn;t like such comments coming frm Dhoni!!!

removing the seniors wasn't right first of all and then rubbing salt into their wounds???!!! They are dignified people, hence hey won't say a thing but still....its really shameful...

and yes, leo, its not misquoted, they showed a video interview....and how can you misquote someone from a video interview????????

Post Reply New Post

Go to top