Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

vrits

vrits

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:02pm | IP Logged

hi HP fans....i hv some mistakes which the books have.....

BOOK 6-

Slughorn says, "One tiny bottle of Felix Felicis enough for twelve hours' luck. From dusk til' dawn, you will be lucky in everything you attempt."

But then on page 476, Harry says, "I don't reckon I'll need all of it, not twenty-four hours' worth..Wink

BOOK 7-

The Elder Wand was supposed to be unbeatable, but Dumbledore defeats Grindlewald to win it. [isent dat wierd?]

BOOK 1-

Harry's letter from Hogwarts says he may bring a cat, an owl, or a toad, but Ron brings his rat, Scabbers.Wink

wat do u guys think abt it?? does any1 hv an explanation 4 these howlers??

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "some mistakes...." in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vrits

BOOK 6-

Slughorn says, "One tiny bottle of Felix Felicis enough for twelve hours' luck. From dusk til' dawn, you will be lucky in everything you attempt."

But then on page 476, Harry says, "I don't reckon I'll need all of it, not twenty-four hours' worth..Winkhow do u knw how he was given in d bottle???slughorn meant dat a tiny amnt wil b enuf...deres no hard n fst rule dat it wil hav 2 b  a tiny bottle u no

BOOK 7-

The Elder Wand was supposed to be unbeatable, but Dumbledore defeats Grindlewald to win it. [isent dat wierd?]dats y hez DD n hez grindyWink

BOOK 1-

Harry's letter from Hogwarts says he may bring a cat, an owl, or a toad, but Ron brings his rat, Scabbers.Winkhmm really..i havent noticed...but dne der r allowd cuz sacabbers blngd 2 percy once wen he was in hogs too

wat do u guys think abt it?? does any1 hv an explanation 4 these howlers??i dont get this?

mine in red

vrits

vrits

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tukz_REmix

BOOK 6-

But then on page 476, Harry says, "I don't reckon I'll need all of it, not twenty-four hours' worth..Winkhow do u knw how he was given in d bottle???slughorn meant dat a tiny amnt wil b enuf...deres no hard n fst rule dat it wil hav 2 b  a tiny bottle u no

BOOK 7-

The Elder Wand was supposed to be unbeatable, but Dumbledore defeats Grindlewald to win it. [isent dat wierd?]dats y hez DD n hez grindyWink

BOOK 1-

Harry's letter from Hogwarts says he may bring a cat, an owl, or a toad, but Ron brings his rat, Scabbers.Winkhmm really..i havent noticed...but dne der r allowd cuz sacabbers blngd 2 percy once wen he was in hogs too

wat do u guys think abt it?? does any1 hv an explanation 4 these howlers??i dont get this?

mine in red

i dont think the last 2 were convincing enoughSmile

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:47am | IP Logged
i don't think there's any explanation for this... i wondered about scabbers too... LOL LOL LOL

vrits

vrits

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:43am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chhilt

i don't think there's any explanation for this... i wondered about scabbers too... LOL LOL LOL

thnx 4 agreeing with me!Smile

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 4:53am | IP Logged

BOOK 6-

But then on page 476, Harry says, "I don't reckon I'll need all of it, not twenty-four hours' worth..Wink

oh well...I guess Jo accidentally double 12...forget it yaar...maaf kar do...She is human..It happens!

BOOK 7-

The Elder Wand was supposed to be unbeatable, but Dumbledore defeats Grindlewald to win it. [isent dat wierd?]

No,  The explanation for that has been discussed, re discussed, re discusses again and again in this forum isnt it guys?!Wink U came a bit late for that Vrits!Wink

But I will give u hint on that...try to find the answer urself (dont worry, its there clearly in the books...) precisely in the chapter "King's Cross". Read it again..there is one dialogue of Dumbledore when he talks abt Voldemort chasing the Elder Wand that makes the answer for that clear...

BOOK 1-

Harry's letter from Hogwarts says he may bring a cat, an owl, or a toad, but Ron brings his rat, Scabbers.Wink

Hm...well I guess they just meant dont bring a chimpanzee or Monkey as a pet...Bring sumthing useful like an Owl or sumthign small and cute like a Toad..n Rat isnt much bigger (though neither are that cute!)Wink

vrits

vrits

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

BOOK 6-

oh well...I guess Jo accidentally double 12...forget it yaar...maaf kar do...She is human..It happens!

BOOK 7-

No,  The explanation for that has been discussed, re discussed, re discusses again and again in this forum isnt it guys?!Wink U came a bit late for that Vrits!Wink

But I will give u hint on that...try to find the answer urself (dont worry, its there clearly in the books...) precisely in the chapter "King's Cross". Read it again..there is one dialogue of Dumbledore when he talks abt Voldemort chasing the Elder Wand that makes the answer for that clear...

BOOK 1-

Hm...well I guess they just meant dont bring a chimpanzee or Monkey as a pet...Bring sumthing useful like an Owl or sumthign small and cute like a Toad..n Rat isnt much bigger (though neither are that cute!)Wink

maaf kar do??? of course maaf kiya!!! J.K is the best author ever....its not like am in a personal grudge with her....no ways.... its just dat i spotted them while reading! there is no mistake commited by her and so there is no question of maafiLOL

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 22 March 2008 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

BOOK 6-

BOOK 7-

BOOK 1-

i knew u wud b able 2 explinClap....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top