Travel

Around the World - Spotlight on China !

damilola thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome to the Travel Forum's "Around the world"!

Every fortnight we will pick one country, give you information on that country, and set it as the theme so that we can have separate topics in the forum related to the theme too!

This fortnight it's going to another lovely and cultural place.... CHINA!!

A beautiful place in all aspects, here are some places to visit!

Great Wall of China

Beijing Nationla Stadium

Beijing national airport

Hong kong

Lantau island giant Budha

The Lama Temple

Shanghai

Ok, your questions to answer!:

Have you been to China ?
If so, which cities did you visit?
If you haven't been, which cities would you plan to visit?
Have you seen any movies that made you want to visit China or any other place?

Name 3 things that you associate with China!

Guys, if you have any particular place in China zxzyou want to discuss, post in the travel section, and we'll all gladly participate!!! (Especially if you've visited any of these places!)

That's all from us this time,

- Dammy{me}, samir_soni and Naughty_n_nice
Travel Section Development Team!

Edited by damilola - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Oh after watching Jumper, i really wanted to visit China!!! (Though that was Tokyo i think πŸ˜† πŸ˜† )

I watch Chinese dramas, so that really makes me want to go there!!! But it's really cool now, especially for the shopping!!!
Wow Seeems an amazing Place x

Wuld love to go there!!!!

The airport and stadium are awesome!

Great Post!!!

-saira

thnks... wow china is beautiful... btw i got a gift for the dev team of this section.. will PM one of you πŸ˜†
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

^ Thanks? Whatever it is πŸ˜†
Shazia_haya thumbnail
Saw this as a GA post....so checked it out 😳

I've been to China?.....well I live there πŸ˜† .....I live in Hong Kong.....though HK is considered a part of China......but HK has it's own government and all....so in a way it's independant...

I've visited China.....gonna go there again in two weeks time...maybe this Saturday....or the next one...

I've visited....Shanghai and Beijing many years ago....and a few other cities.....and then also Guangdong (not sure about the spelling....)....and then last summer I visited Zhuhai (man it's beautiful there...and very clean.....and almost no grammar or spelling mistakes....what I mean by that is that...if you go to Shenzhen....that's not quite clean...though it's improved a lot but I prefer Zhuhai...it's way better than Shenzhen.....and then in Shenzhen....when you go on the roads....you may see spelling mistakes on the road...e.g. the spelling is FASTFOOD.....but they'll miss the 'S'....then it becomes 'FATFOOD'...really that is a mistake...and they have many more spelling mistakes....even at the immigration!)...I've been to Shenzhen loads of times....

There are a few cities I'd like to go to.....and then there a view which I'd like to revisit....

And 3 things that I associate with China?.... πŸ˜† ....I can associate a hundred πŸ˜† and more than that...okay so three of them....goes here:

1) I'm born in HK (though that time it was under the British colony....and after 1997 HK was handed over to China)

2) I eat Chinese food occasionally (I used to feel surprised when I use to hear ppl in Bollywood movies or other ppl from Pakistan and India say something like 'I love Chinese cuisine' or 'I love Chinese noodles' πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 😳 ...........but I don't feel surprised anymore 😳 )

3) I see Chinese people everyday....I have Chinese neighbors.....and Chinese friends too....

And hey.....by the following....can yo explain what do you mean we can do.....I'm confused.....do you mean we can make another new topic related to a place in China here at the Travel section? (just asking to be sure 😳 that I didn't get it wrong......correct me if I got it wrong...)

Guys, if you have any particular place in China zxzyou want to discuss, post in the travel section, and we'll all gladly participate!!! (Especially if you've visited any of these places!)

I'd love to share about China πŸ˜› .....well most especially about Hong Kong..... 😳

Sumra
kothra thumbnail

its a lovely place n amazing place...πŸ‘..

would love to go there once...πŸ˜ƒ..

Luvly thread....

Will try to go for Beijing 2008 Olympic GamesπŸ˜†

**Sanchita** thumbnail
i've always wanted to visit China!! i have a lot of Chinese friends too..these pictures make me wanna go so bad