Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 16

Page 1
Page   of 16
Page 2 Page 16

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 18 March 2008 at 8:11pm | IP Logged

People coming to virtual world, which is surely different then real world, one can say lie or truth doesn't affect them directly in day to day life.

Debate is being on virtual world is more about being lie (on can get away with ) OR being truthfull (no impact on real life) ?

Do you value real life more then virtual world? or virtual world is somewhere you can be urself?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Virtual world is more real?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

People coming to virtual world, which is surely different then real world, one can say lie or truth doesn't affect them directly in day to day life.

Debate is being on virtual world is more about being lie (on can get away with ) OR being truthfull (no impact on real life) ?--.if anyone have any bad intention or a complx about themselfs they try to hide lot of things...Smile

Do you value real life more then virtual world? Yes I value real life more...or virtual world is somewhere you can be urself?-In virtual world sometime get little relaxation its not mean that virtual world is better.Smile I like real things only...Smilebut i have lots  friends in virtual world...Big smile

Edited by Believe - 19 March 2008 at 7:11am

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 7:29am | IP Logged

My observation is virtual world affords someone to be who they want to be or would be if left to their own devices.TongueSadly it proves that lot more people want to lie, deceive, bully or just make an a$$ of themselves then they would in RL.

In real world we are what we think we should be.Smile and that is good because bad behaviour is restrained more in rl then it is in vl.

Of course there are many who are exactly same in rl and vl. Wink

Edited by lighthouse - 19 March 2008 at 7:30am

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 7:53am | IP Logged

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

underlined stuff: you made some good points here Lighty but based on my experience, I still think more people are honest than deceiving even in VL but then my interactions are limited only to the IFians i know. 

Maybe true but I wasn't talking about IF world only. You still cannot make that claim about IFians unless you know them personaly well in real life too. there are lies and there are white lies like resume lies or exagerration about stuff in general which isn't that easy to pull off  in rl. 

I am with you on the bolded part above though.  Most of us are more restraint in RLLOL  naheen toh socho zara unn log key barey mein jo zurrat kartey hongey mujh sey RL mein debate karney kiLOL  luckily for them, i am lot more laid back in rl than in vlLOL 

Taking back my sympathies for Mr G. thenLOL  Turns out he has it better then IFians...Wink 

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 8:23am | IP Logged

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Maybe true but I wasn't talking about IF world only. You still cannot make that claim about IFians unless you know them personaly well in real life too. there are lies and there are white lies like resume lies or exagerration about stuff in general which isn't that easy to pull off  in rl. 

but i think most stuff is easy to see through. only place one can really get away with is on the physical looks. for example, one meets very few females in the virtual world who cant match Helen of Troy for looks, though i've met one or two.WinkLOL and to be fair, guys who are casanovas personified. LOLbut these exaggerations should not matter unless the only titillations one can get are in VL and has their life hanging on what the other person is really like on the other side of the virtual line. doesnt do a lot for folks who get their jollies in RL. Wink

as for resumes, i think it's silly for people to try to sell themselves on that basis or for others to rely on stated resumes alone. there's far more useful revelations that come from how/ what one writes than historical data which may or not be exaggerated. that's why even in RL we hire people based on personal interviews, not on resumes alone. cant believe people wld be so dumb as to go on resumes alone, but then what do i know?LOL

personally i come to the forums to have some laughs, and occasionally for some serious stuff. it's a cheap lazy way to recreate the scenes that wld start at 11pm with the guys/ gals back home. generally i've tried hard to keep the personal info out though that did drop out in a rash moment or two of indiscretion. it's hard i think to meet someone from your background/ college and not get carried away on the spur of the moment into divulging one's own affiliations. still, aside from a personal connection, those resume type data dont do much for me. i let the words do the talking.Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top