Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

Developing country? (Page 6)

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request
Joined: 13 January 2006
Posts: 7780

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by Gauri_3

If corruption can be curtailed, lot more other problems will be solved to. The effect of development is seldom linear. It's far far more reaching than just touching the ones in line or next ones after them in line.

FWIW, point was never ONLY about the public toilets..literally or figuratively. If this is all one gets out of it despite repeated clarifications - then so be it.

If it were linear, by the time the govt. were done with the lowest strata the ones above them would fall behind. Thoda thoda sab ko aagey badhao Tongue

 

yes, hopefully we are all talking about "badhaoing" everyone. just that we "badhao" everyone in more wonderful non-linear ways when we focus on other priorities than public to-lets imo.Wink health-care, education, poverty alleviation have "far far more reaching" consequences than better public toilets that perhaps only a certain strata uses.Wink

as for corruption, yes that should be rooted out. humne bol diya aur corruption khatam ho gaya, naheen? making naaras is always a good practical solution, no?WinkLOL

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 12 November 2006
Posts: 13617

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 11:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request
Joined: 13 January 2006
Posts: 7780

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

I had clarified my position on Pg 3 vis a vis public toilets, yet people insited on dragging it into the debate. However, I do feel public facilities are an indicator of develpoment albeit not the leading ones. Like you said - each to her own Tongue

that's the wonderful thing about debates. one can keep flogging a dead horse.LOL

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request
Joined: 13 January 2006
Posts: 7780

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

LOL SJB, woh old records yaad hain? Yaad hai kaisey bajtey thhey jab suee ek jagah ataktee thhee LOL

ab aisa record play karogey toh sui atkegee naheen toh kya chalegee? waise iss kahani se kuch yaad aya. bajane wale har jageh se aye. kaafi der tak bhee bajate gaye, jab tak poora band naheen baj chuka. sui kee baat phir tab hui jab band-baja naheen chalaWink

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Joined: 23 August 2005
Posts: 2672

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 12:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

LOL SJB, woh old records yaad hain? Yaad hai kaisey bajtey thhey jab suee ek jagah ataktee thhee LOL

You mean woh besure waaley WinkLOL

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Joined: 23 August 2005
Posts: 2672

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by Gauri_3

If corruption can be curtailed, lot more other problems will be solved to. The effect of development is seldom linear. It's far far more reaching than just touching the ones in line or next ones after them in line.

FWIW, point was never ONLY about the public toilets..literally or figuratively. If this is all one gets out of it despite repeated clarifications - then so be it.

If it were linear, by the time the govt. were done with the lowest strata the ones above them would fall behind. Thoda thoda sab ko aagey badhao Tongue

 

yes, hopefully we are all talking about "badhaoing" everyone. just that we "badhao" everyone in more wonderful non-linear ways when we focus on other priorities than public to-lets imo.Wink health-care, education, poverty alleviation have "far far more reaching" consequences than better public toilets that perhaps only a certain strata uses.Wink

as for corruption, yes that should be rooted out. humne bol diya aur corruption khatam ho gaya, naheen? making naaras is always a good practical solution, no?WinkLOL

I know! The rest of them needing elevation have, in the meantime, the roadsides and the fields! What a great promo for India ShiningWink LOL

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request
Joined: 13 January 2006
Posts: 7780

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

I know! The rest of them needing elevation have, in the meantime, the roadsides and the fields! What a great promo for India ShiningWink LOL

kya yaar. ab wohi sui ka chutkala sabko sunana hoga? yaa woh chutkala khali doosre logon peh laagu hota hai? jab apna record naheen chalta?WinkLOL

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Joined: 23 August 2005
Posts: 2672

Posted: 06 April 2008 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

I know! The rest of them needing elevation have, in the meantime, the roadsides and the fields! What a great promo for India ShiningWink LOL

kya yaar. ab wohi sui ka chutkala sabko sunana hoga? yaa woh chutkala khali doosre logon peh laagu hota hai? jab apna record naheen chalta?WinkLOL

Flog kartey kartey thak gaye, ya jawab nahin soojha? WinkLOL 

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Palestine/Israel: Still one country after all?

Author: Zeinelnour   Replies: 7   Views: 613

Zeinelnour 7 613 23 March 2009 at 7:57am by Zeinelnour
Is the country india not ours anymore?

2

Author: sunidhifan4evr   Replies: 15   Views: 876

sunidhifan4evr 15 876 25 February 2009 at 6:12pm by FloralWraith
Movies - Representation of a country

2 3

Author: Morning_Dew   Replies: 19   Views: 1338

Morning_Dew 19 1338 09 February 2008 at 11:40am by Morgoth
Developed country and Future growth ?

Author: raj5000   Replies: 0   Views: 426

raj5000 0 426 09 January 2008 at 7:46pm by raj5000
Cancel the debts of the developing world?

Author: breathing_irony   Replies: 7   Views: 441

breathing_irony 7 441 16 September 2007 at 10:49pm by -Believe-

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index