Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 18 September 2005 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Doesn't your school have a career fair you could attend ? its ideal to meet speakers from different field who share their experiences . Well if you don't , you could do the following:
1) make a note of what you are very good at or what fascinates you - you could be a great debater , good at music , good at drawing , math , English or hindi creative writing , sports , science . You need to figure that out first .
2) Speak to your respective teachers - if creative writing is your subject - you may want to speak to your hindi or English teacher , If it math - Math teacher , drawing - arts teacher etc . They could guide you and counsell you as to what are the options available to you . As in Creative teacher may tell you its graphics or creative writing teacher may say its copy writer or a journalist etc !!
3) you too could next reserach on these fields after narrowing down . Then once you have a list of top 5 proffesions then you may enlist the help of your teacher and fix an appointment with proffesionals to come and speak to you OR you may want to form a group and meet them at their office . You could look up your old students association directory and call up on them who are doing well in their field and ask them to meet you in a group .
4)If you are still in school , and in college you have 3 years to decide , you could do summer jobs at the place of your choice and watch how people function in the job that interets you the most .

Finally i can say that most times kids at your age will make a decision that will be like a gamble you may not be very certain if that career is certainly for you or not , .....but life gives you opportunity to switch careers , and so you can ....you don't have to panic about getting stuck for ever .I switched my career at 28 and my hubby too did so at 27 then again at 30 . Now i think he's sure! But please do graduate !       LOL

Edited by indygirl - 18 September 2005 at 11:35am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Career problems... (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mikagurl23

IF-Dazzler

mikagurl23

Posted: 18 September 2005 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
I am also in the same boat!! I have tried everything, and the thing is im not tooo good at anything, and i dont know what to focus on, and so i think ill struggle in chosing a career! Confused

Post Reply New Post

Go to top