sweetmagic4u Goldie
sweetmagic4u
sweetmagic4u

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

LOL
Originally posted by sweetmagic4u

thats cool tradition.. all of us needs a nick.. i had a nick name gattu.... which got carried too far now nobody knows it.....

Your confession has compelled me Qwerty ji, to make my own...my sister's nn isn't Sweety, mine isLOL

I'll go back and editTongue

haila..... some of the nicks are due to natural characteristics.. mine was cos my cheeks puffed and lips pouted.. it was funny when i see my pictures.. some of the modern nicks are right out of bollyowood.and fashion.. like after bunty and babli.,... there would be tons of bunty's and bubblies...LOL... my naighbor was so enamoured by mailaika in dil se that he named his daughter malaika..LOL.. and his wife thinks her husband is veri creative..LOL

Apparently I was born a very cute baby, 9 pounds on top of that!LOL My mom sometimes now looks at me and goes, "Kya hoga aaj kal ki ladkion ka, diets ne tho naak mei dum kar rahka hei!"LOL

Bunty aur BubliLOL Yeah I guess a lot of parents want their kids to be like Abhishek and Rani...

raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

In india when generally a baby is born he is given his/ her official name but in addition they are also given a nick name... pyaar se they are called, chunnu, munnu, golu, chintu, pappu, munni, gudiya etc etc..

They sometimes continue to be called by that nick name throughout their lives...so generally we may find a gudiya maasi, or a chintu maama in the family...

What do you think of this Indian tradition..love it or hate it and why?

And also... do/did you have a nick name....and did it carry on into your adulthood?

Nick names are bad, looses persons individuality. I know some who are prety strict in making sure thier names are not nicked... but for love and closeness of calling a person anything cute other then actual name is fine with me...HA HA HA btw..you mentioned my nick in the eg's LOL

sweetmagic4u Goldie
sweetmagic4u
sweetmagic4u

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by sweetmagic4u

thats cool tradition.. all of us needs a nick.. i had a nick name gattu.... which got carried too far now nobody knows it.....

Your confession has compelled me Qwerty ji, to make my own...my sister's nn isn't Sweety, mine isLOL

I'll go back and editTongue

awwww sweety, that's such a sweet confessionLOL  i kinda figured that out.  put 2 and 2 together when i looked at ur idLOL

Oh that ID, ironically doesn't have to do with my nickname...Story is this...when I was younger and AIM (messenger) just got popular I decided to create a ID because all me friends were making one, and I wanted to think of a really cool ID so I looked up how to generate a username on some website, and it asked questions like what is your favorite food, favorite book etc. Well favorite food was rasmali at the time that
s sweet and favorite book was Harry Potter, the "4" and the "u" I just thought were cool short hands, so wala- sweetmagic4u...the ID
s just kind of stuck ever sinceTongue

Real name's Shalini by the wayEmbarrassed

sweetmagic4u Goldie
sweetmagic4u
sweetmagic4u

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

In india when generally a baby is born he is given his/ her official name but in addition they are also given a nick name... pyaar se they are called, chunnu, munnu, golu, chintu, pappu, munni, gudiya etc etc..

..HA HA HA btw..you mentioned my nick in the eg's LOL

Chunnu, Munnu, Golu, Chintu, or Pappu...hmmm...

Can I have a clue?Tongue

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:44pm | IP Logged

What do you think of this Indian tradition..love it or hate it and why?

branding gets difficult with more than one name. just have your parents find the best name for you and stick with it. Smile

And also... do/did you have a nick name....and did it carry on into your adulthood?

terms of endearment. still used, and i dont much mind themSmile

TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
thank u all chunnus, gattus Wink , sweeties and munnas who cared to reply Tongue

Fortunately or unfortunately I have a name that resembles a nick name... so my problem is when I tell ppl my name they so " Oh Ashu...whats your full name..." Tongue LOL
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Its feel good when someone call our Nick names Smile

@qwrty---Gattu is rare nickname... LOL
Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:15am | IP Logged
1. NAMES:
If Laurie, Linda, Elizabeth and Barbara go out for lunch, they will
call each other Laurie, Linda, Elizabeth and Barbara.

If Mark, Chris, Eric and Tom go out, they will affectionately refer
to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla, Peanut-Head and Scrappy.

2. EATING OUT:
When the bill arrives, Mark, Chris, Eric and Tom will each throw ina $20, even though it's only for $32.50.
None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want the change back.

When the women get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

Go to top