Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

๐Ÿ˜† naheen, tum naheen main kuchh galat karney ja rahee thhee phir rok liya khud ko๐Ÿ˜†

actually bata hee deti hoon, i was about to ask that when they dressed u up as a girl when u were 4 yrs old, did they call u "gatti" then๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. man u remember too much i should be careful.. I still remember the light pink glossy frock and the fragrance of the compact and rouge... - i was a girl with a crew cut...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

..j/k okie.  don't mind.  i really mean it. thanks  gattu is pretty cute nick name.  if u have a sister, u'll make a fabulous "gattu mama" to her kids๐Ÿ˜†  my kids love their babboo and rinku mamas๐Ÿ˜†  names i got my bros stuck with๐Ÿ˜›and what about u munni!!!???๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago
sweetmagic4u thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

thats cool tradition.. all of us needs a nick.. i had a nick name gattu.... which got carried too far now nobody knows it.....

Your confession has compelled me Qwerty ji, to make my own...my sister's nn isn't Sweety, mine is๐Ÿ˜†

I'll go back and edit๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by sweetmagic4u - 16 years ago

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† nice try gattu๐Ÿ˜†...but  mine's is really pretty cool.  sweet and short and cute๐Ÿ˜ƒ.  actually some even have it as their first name.  but mom-dad messed up big time on my real name though๐Ÿ˜ก  woh bahut hee mushkil and tongue twisting rakh dala and incidentally, it happens to be a bengali name๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

man...u r now stuck with gattu here๐Ÿ˜† chaho ya na chaho๐Ÿ˜†

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: sweetmagic4u

Your confession has compelled me Qwerty ji, to make my own...my sister's nn isn't Sweety, mine is๐Ÿ˜†

haila..... some of the nicks are due to natural characteristics.. mine was cos my cheeks puffed and lips pouted.. it was funny when i see my pictures.. some of the modern nicks are right out of bollyowood.and fashion.. like after bunty and babli.,... there would be tons of bunty's and bubblies...๐Ÿ˜†... my naighbor was so enamoured by mailaika in dil se that he named his daughter malaika..๐Ÿ˜†.. and his wife thinks her husband is veri creative..๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: sweetmagic4u

awwww sweety, that's such a sweet confession๐Ÿ˜†  i kinda figured that out.  put 2 and 2 together when i looked at ur id๐Ÿ˜†

lighthouse thumbnail

I think it's silly to give nicknames to people.๐Ÿ˜› I hate mine, luckily after getting married I don't hear it much . ๐Ÿ˜‰

It is ok to give nicknames to food and other stuff. eg a brocolli can have ladoo as a nick name. and what's with name like pappu , I thought young toddlers use it to indicate bathroom emergency.๐Ÿ˜†

sweetmagic4u thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

๐Ÿ˜†

haila..... some of the nicks are due to natural characteristics.. mine was cos my cheeks puffed and lips pouted.. it was funny when i see my pictures.. some of the modern nicks are right out of bollyowood.and fashion.. like after bunty and babli.,... there would be tons of bunty's and bubblies...๐Ÿ˜†... my naighbor was so enamoured by mailaika in dil se that he named his daughter malaika..๐Ÿ˜†.. and his wife thinks her husband is veri creative..๐Ÿ˜†

Apparently I was born a very cute baby, 9 pounds on top of that!๐Ÿ˜† My mom sometimes now looks at me and goes, "Kya hoga aaj kal ki ladkion ka, diets ne tho naak mei dum kar rahka hei!"๐Ÿ˜†

Bunty aur Bubli๐Ÿ˜† Yeah I guess a lot of parents want their kids to be like Abhishek and Rani...

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TallyHo

In india when generally a baby is born he is given his/ her official name but in addition they are also given a nick name... pyaar se they are called, chunnu, munnu, golu, chintu, pappu, munni, gudiya etc etc..

They sometimes continue to be called by that nick name throughout their lives...so generally we may find a gudiya maasi, or a chintu maama in the family...

What do you think of this Indian tradition..love it or hate it and why?

And also... do/did you have a nick name....and did it carry on into your adulthood?

Nick names are bad, looses persons individuality. I know some who are prety strict in making sure thier names are not nicked... but for love and closeness of calling a person anything cute other then actual name is fine with me...HA HA HA btw..you mentioned my nick in the eg's ๐Ÿ˜†

sweetmagic4u thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

awwww sweety, that's such a sweet confession๐Ÿ˜†  i kinda figured that out.  put 2 and 2 together when i looked at ur id๐Ÿ˜†

Oh that ID, ironically doesn't have to do with my nickname...Story is this...when I was younger and AIM (messenger) just got popular I decided to create a ID because all me friends were making one, and I wanted to think of a really cool ID so I looked up how to generate a username on some website, and it asked questions like what is your favorite food, favorite book etc. Well favorite food was rasmali at the time that
s sweet and favorite book was Harry Potter, the "4" and the "u" I just thought were cool short hands, so wala- sweetmagic4u...the ID
s just kind of stuck ever since๐Ÿ˜›

Real name's Shalini by the way๐Ÿ˜ณ

sweetmagic4u thumbnail
Originally posted by: raj5000

..HA HA HA btw..you mentioned my nick in the eg's ๐Ÿ˜†

Chunnu, Munnu, Golu, Chintu, or Pappu...hmmm...

Can I have a clue?๐Ÿ˜›