Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

PrInCeZz07

IF-Rockerz

PrInCeZz07

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Yh it is a shame 4 u. But dts really gud dt ure trying to convince her. Let me knw if u do get through in convincing her. Best of luck!!! LOL Wink Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "child marraige (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweetmagic4u

Goldie

sweetmagic4u

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

different stratas of society have different rights and wrongs based on the problems they face day in and day out. what seems right to us may not be right for them and vice versa. they have different priorities. it still doesn't make what she is doing right but if she is waiting 5 yrs then it's not that wrong either. don't know what else to say Confused   

well said, very thoughtful viewsClap

I agree, what might seem as obviously wrong to us, might be a "majboori" (maybe social pressures) to another person.Confused

Wish you all the best with your maid Smile but I should warn you she might not listen, to her you are the rich lady who can't possibly understand/relate to her situation...

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
child marriage is to carry a binding bet' a boy and the girl and adding to the cultural ramification..so one fine day that gal can pick a violin and sing kya hua tera wada.... LOL

child marriages is actually ok if done correctly.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:38pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

child marriage is to carry a binding bet' a boy and the girl and adding to the cultural ramification..so one fine day that gal can pick a violin and sing kya hua tera wada.... LOL

child marriages is actually ok if done correctly.

Well am not surprised on this view and am LOL hard as I can, probally you meant  when a child is born then marrying is in thing these days and are okay. LOL

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Maybe I'm being thick then.....I cannot understand what Quertyesque is trying to say????? LOL

Even though Raj5000 tried expalining!!! LOL

Angry M Angry

Zoe28

Goldie

Zoe28

Posted: 04 April 2008 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Oh forgot to mention that Mulims, like Christians apparently, are allowed to marry say cousins, including first cousins.

I have a quite a few Muslim frinds who have married cousins.

The only strange thing I fin about it or at least different to my upbringing, is like your first cousins were treated like your brothers and sisters and if they were older, you might even call them paaji/bhaiya (brother) or didi (sister)

To then grow up and marry them........would make me feel weird.....

Just my POV - no offence intended Smile

Angry M Angry

Angry M Angry

i dnt thnk christians r allowed to marry thier cousins as mny people in uk who r christian thnk its wrong . even tho im a muslim n its allowed in my religion to marry into family i dnt agree wth it n luckily my family thnk the sme wy and r not old fashioned. child marriages n gting maried in family stems frm old fashioned thinking as people thnk girls shld gt married n look after the house at a early age n thy gt girls married in family cz sme people dnt trust insiders bt nowadays evn family marriages dnt wrk out so their thnking nt really correct.

Edited by Zoe28 - 04 April 2008 at 3:12pm

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aneeshadgr8

today while conversing with my maid,she told me like her daughter is getting engaged in d eveningOuch

i was like didi u dont look that old ..when did u marry??she said she married at the age of 17...n her daughter is 14 years oldOuch

i dont know should i complain or not..imean how can u get ur daughter engaged at the age of 14...DATS ILLEGALAngry

i told her so..but she sais dat she will get married after 5 years

is it correct to tie up ur daughter at dis young age just because u fear if she will get a good husband later in life is notOuch

plus the person with whom her daughter is getting engaged is actually her relative..i find dat weird too..hinduism doesnt permit it..but she is a muslim so i dont know..

iwant your vies guysTongue...is this correct...

These are happening in lower strata of society due to insecurity and in the  highest strata of the society for  security of wealth and for business associations and to avoid straying.  Any way it is not uncommon.Some of the students going to higher studies are even now forced to get engaed /married before leaving India.

Early engagements/marriage was very much in middile class society also inorder to avoid partition of wealth,especially land property get divided and go to an outsider's hand. But now it is not so common but not uncommon.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top