Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 11:14am | IP Logged

today while conversing with my maid,she told me like her daughter is getting engaged in d eveningOuch

i was like didi u dont look that old ..when did u marry??she said she married at the age of 17...n her daughter is 14 years oldOuch

i dont know should i complain or not..imean how can u get ur daughter engaged at the age of 14...DATS ILLEGALAngry

i told her so..but she sais dat she will get married after 5 years

is it correct to tie up ur daughter at dis young age just because u fear if she will get a good husband later in life is notOuch

plus the person with whom her daughter is getting engaged is actually her relative..i find dat weird too..hinduism doesnt permit it..but she is a muslim so i dont know..

iwant your vies guysTongue...is this correct...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "child marraige" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

PrInCeZz07

IF-Rockerz

PrInCeZz07

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 1:17pm | IP Logged

Ok jus read ure post.
And i agree wd u dts not right.

hw cn a 14 year old girl get engajed and that 2 with her relative at such a young age?

I find that weird 2. But does dt girl who's 14 want 2 gt engajed/ married 2 dt person?

Even if she does dts at the age of 14 I am sure wen she gets more older lyk in d nxt 4, 5 years she might lyk or fall in love with some one else, dn wat will happen?

Wnt she fynd it weird her self 2 be engajed at such a young age Angry Angry Angry
I think its incorrect 2. But guess dts up 2 her parents in a way.

Edited by PrInCeZz07 - 16 March 2008 at 1:18pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

someandme

IF-Dazzler

someandme

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Marrying at the age of 14 is absolutely wrong Dead ..if she is going to get marry after 4 years then that's ok..r u sure she will be getting marriage after 4 years or else ur maid told to cover up the child marriage issue saying this after calculating 18 years age adding 4 years LOL LOL LOL
ok coming to the topic..it depends upon the nature and situations of person to person..i personally beleive the situations in life may force some one to take such type of important steps in life..no matter how much we argue about early marriages but finally the life we r running may took us to take such steps..eaither it is early or late marriage..but marrying at the age of 14 Angry ..Goshhhh i hope every parent who is ready to put her daughter in mess should think thousand times Ouch

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 5:51am | IP Logged
The most obvious objections I guess most of us would agree upon, and I also take on board the one mitigating factor in all of this (if its true) is the there is this 4-5 year (getting used to the idea/allowing your child to grow a little) period.

But how about the the fact that anything could happen (God forbid) in thsoe next years??

What if the potential groom met with an accident, became disabled or even died???

Come to think of it there are so many intervening events that could happen in the next 5 years in these young lives that they will be transformed into different people from whom they were 5 years previously.

I'm the sort of person who doesnt believe in booking holidays a year beforehand in case I'm not here the nest year to enjoy.......but this is a marriage...

Huge, huge risk......not one I would want to put my child through frankly.

I know it is often the case in some cultures that children are "promised" but to be honest the children are not objects that belong to them, they are little human beings with lives and destinies of their own.

Let the time come when it is right, not before.

Angry M Angry

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Oh forgot to mention that Mulims, like Christians apparently, are allowed to marry say cousins, including first cousins.

I have a quite a few Muslim frinds who have married cousins.

The only strange thing I fin about it or at least different to my upbringing, is like your first cousins were treated like your brothers and sisters and if they were older, you might even call them paaji/bhaiya (brother) or didi (sister)

To then grow up and marry them........would make me feel weird.....

Just my POV - no offence intended Smile

Angry M Angry

Angry M Angry

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 8:58am | IP Logged
i told her..nything caan happen in these 5 years..she was like idont care..she is just getting engaged ,nt marred..
Dead

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Sounds like you have a hard job convincing her to think otherwise.....which is a real shame......
Ouch

Angry M Angry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top