Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Marriage..

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

mizz_sabah

mizz_sabah

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 4:35pm | IP Logged

Hello Guys...jus thought of another topic...

well...ma sister is 16 - in yr 11- doin her GCSEs and i just heard that there is a couple in her class who are married when they turned 16. I was quite shocked when i heard this..their marriage is legal as in UK you can marry at 16 with the consent of your parents...

But what do you fink? 16 and Marriage? Is it right?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Marriage.." in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rebeliouskid

Rebeliouskid

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
Well, sometimes age doesnt really matter in a relationship..as long as they both are mature and know what they are doing... What ever floats their boat Embarrassed

I personally, wouldnt marry at such a young age. There are many things in life to do before settling down. Finishing up my education and specializing in a career is one of my targets before getting married... Smile

They both got married at 16..and the average human lives upto the age of 65...sooo they both are going to be with each other, every day, for like 49 years? ... I hope that works out for the best and they both are happy together! Big smile

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
whoaa omgg that is insane... Confused 16 is not an age to get married. i m 16 and i cant even imagine getting married ... this is not the age to get married... its to have fun and experience life.... i dunno how they r gonna even stand each other LOL like seriously.. what if they start liking someone else... then wut..? its not uncommon.. they r 16 n bound to fall for other ppl.. they r just growing up man.. how r they gonna manage.. !! but well good luck to them.. they r gonna need it..

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
The old custom n uneducated or typical mentality people do these kind of things..... Smile

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Hiya! I'm 16 - in yr 11- doing my GCSEs as well Big smile

Yh I know a family (the children went to the same primary school as me and now secondary school and we live on the same road) and when they finish school at the age of 16 they are married off... One of the girls is in my year (so we're the same age and it seems weird that she might be married off this year) and previously to her this has happened to her sister and cousin... but they be happy about it... well it's their choice and if the children themselves are are happy about it... well what can we say?

I personally think 16 is definitely not the right age to get married... I myself think that the right time for me is after my education is completed and I am properly settled with my career... that's the only time I can think about it... not everyone is matured at the age of 16 either... and maturity is very important to take the right step of marriage

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 7:43am | IP Logged

Well it depends first of all on the circumstances those two or anyone at dis young age got married.. Secondly it depends on the type of people. Obviously before taking such a big decision their parents and themselves must have thought many things.

Still, i feel at dis age, there should be more imp proitrites like education and building ur career.Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top