Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Are you aware of this http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/03/11/1205125909770.h tml

Interestingly I heard about it from a Lewis Black guest appearance on Jon Stewart. I am comforted by the fact that I turn to the right news resources.

Heard on radio that males infidelity is more physical then mental, subjected to ignorance, acceptable?

Each person has their own perception of infidelity. Naturally men and women think differently due to nature. I had read in a Readers Digest article a few years ago, men consider physical intimacy to be infidelity. They may forgive their significant others for dating other people, emotional support but will have a harder time forgiving significant others for having sex with someone else. Women on the other hand may forgive sex if they are convinced that love was not involved. Women value emotional commitment and have a hard time dealing with their significant others developing feelings for each other, that is why women get upset when people think of exes.

Bottom line is if Men involved in infidelity are given benefit of doubt, kinna of why as campared to women.  Agreed?:

I'm not sure I get the question. However, I think anyone who cheats, irrespective of male or female deserves similar treatment.

Is it fault of physical confguration built by creator, is there a flaw in his/her creation?

I do not think there is any flaw. The flaw lies in two people understanding and respecting each other. Men are more physical, their partners should understand that physical need. Men need women to boost their confidence, assure them of their attractiveness. Men usually tend to cheat while approaching midlife crisis or when their physical aspect of relationship is unsatisfactory. Women are emotional, their partners need to understand and respect their emotions. Women need people to listen to them, understand their thoughts and feelings. Women tend to cheat when their partners start becoming emotionally detached or are not able to understand them emotionally.

Infidelity of any nature if so blah, unless there is a valid reason, what do you think?

Infidelity is a serious issue. It causes too much emotional damage and distress and can destroy a good relationship. It does not affect the two people involved but everyone around them. Even if people do not know of the affair, they will feel the emotional repercussions. For the person being cheated on, there is no valid excuse for infidelity. However, the people involved should talk it over and make decisions about their relationship.

Sometimes the relationship can be preserved, because there is still love and commitment between two people and if they are willing to make changes and work on the relationship they will be happier. Sometimes it is best to break the relationship because there is too much deterioration and things can never be the same.

The decision to preserve or break up is critical, specially when it comes to children. A lot of people believe that divorcing negatively impacts children and do not go for it, that is true. At the same time parents who do not share a warm loving healthy relationship can also negatively impact children.

Going to blah place to entertain potential client as a sales pitch is Ouch?

Business as usual

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is infidelity Acceptable ? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

In my opinion, infidelity is totally unacceptable irrespective of gender. Women tend to accept it, not because they are modern but because they stand to lose more than anyone else. The stigma attached to being a divorcee is infinitely worse than knowing your husband has cheated on you. If a man cheats, it's somehow made to be his wife's fault. If a woman cheats, she's the tramp and the poor husband is the sad victim. 

As for Hillary, she wanted power and she wasn't going to get it by being Bill's ex-wife!  

@bold well sed, Proff. Clap .. @red it's both ways, victim and men u must be kidin me LOL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 4:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweetmagic4u

Infidelity is totally unacceptable irrespective of gender.

I totally agree!Embarrassed

If a man cheats, it's somehow made to be his wife's fault. If a woman cheats, she's the tramp and the poor husband is the sad victim. 

That happens, but the men aren't always let off the hook...Yeah, but the percentage is much lower compared to women!

As for Hillary, she wanted power and she wasn't going to get it by being Bill's ex-wife! 

Exactly!LOL 

I'd like to take the example of the recent movie, Khabie Alvida Na Kehna...the basic message was that if your marriage partner turns out not to be your soulmate, it's perfectly okay to leave them for someone else who you think is your soulmate. This is absolutely BS in my opinion, you made a commitment, uphold it, you should be able to control your lust. If you can't, don't make the commitment.

And then you find that he/she is not your soulmate either, so you go to the next one, and then...it can go on ad nauseam! Yun hi chala chal rahi LOL

LOLLOL Agree with SM4U, movie was good, especially the songs but concept was merry go around as SJB mentioned.

Thanks for responses here...Unacceptable as I hear gets max votes.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Are you aware of this http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/03/11/1205125909770.h tml

Interestingly I heard about it from a Lewis Black guest appearance on Jon Stewart. I am comforted by the fact that I turn to the right news resources.

Heard on radio that males infidelity is more physical then mental, subjected to ignorance, acceptable?

Each person has their own perception of infidelity. Naturally men and women think differently due to nature. I had read in a Readers Digest article a few years ago, men consider physical intimacy to be infidelity. They may forgive their significant others for dating other people, emotional support but will have a harder time forgiving significant others for having sex with someone else. Women on the other hand may forgive sex if they are convinced that love was not involved. Women value emotional commitment and have a hard time dealing with their significant others developing feelings for each other, that is why women get upset when people think of exes.

Nature comes in play thats what was trying to point out, it sure is unacceptable but whats teh impact and damage genderwise. TFS RD's thoughts.

Bottom line is if Men involved in infidelity are given benefit of doubt, kinna of why as campared to women.  Agreed?:

I'm not sure I get the question. However, I think anyone who cheats, irrespective of male or female deserves similar treatment.

Ideally, yes but seldom does that happen. There are more females compromising (atleast with public instances as it appears) then Men.

Is it fault of physical confguration built by creator, is there a flaw in his/her creation?

I do not think there is any flaw. The flaw lies in two people understanding and respecting each other. Men are more physical, their partners should understand that physical need. Men need women to boost their confidence, assure them of their attractiveness. Men usually tend to cheat while approaching midlife crisis or when their physical aspect of relationship is unsatisfactory. Women are emotional, their partners need to understand and respect their emotions. Women need people to listen to them, understand their thoughts and feelings. Women tend to cheat when their partners start becoming emotionally detached or are not able to understand them emotionally.

Flaw in the sense why the both are not the same why men's physical needs top and why women's emotional needs are more. Unfair right just to say Men are just Blah's coz of thier physical needs?

Infidelity of any nature if so blah, unless there is a valid reason, what do you think?

Infidelity is a serious issue. It causes too much emotional damage and distress and can destroy a good relationship. It does not affect the two people involved but everyone around them. Even if people do not know of the affair, they will feel the emotional repercussions. For the person being cheated on, there is no valid excuse for infidelity. However, the people involved should talk it over and make decisions about their relationship.

Sometimes the relationship can be preserved, because there is still love and commitment between two people and if they are willing to make changes and work on the relationship they will be happier. Sometimes it is best to break the relationship because there is too much deterioration and things can never be the same.

The decision to preserve or break up is critical, specially when it comes to children. A lot of people believe that divorcing negatively impacts children and do not go for it, that is true. At the same time parents who do not share a warm loving healthy relationship can also negatively impact children.

Well written and Makes sense and so agree on green font.

Business as usual

LOL unusual business ends up in troublooLOL

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 13 March 2008 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Interesting topic....

For most people infidelity is not acceptable. Its the consequences of it that we may differ upon.

Personally speaking, it would be a bit premature of me to terminate my relationship with my partner without examining the circumstances.

Others, unbelievably for some, are perfectly happy for their partners to have other relationships as long as long as they "keep up appearances" for the outside world and/or all other obligations are maintained, in particular financial, kids etc.

Sex isnt everything in an intimate relationship - but it is one important part and intertwined with the other fundamental tenets of of trust and honesty.

Angry M Angry

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 13 March 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged

Am sure you are aware of Clinton story and many more in India...why women  of the house, have to take a back step on such scenarios.

I think woman are more of forgiving nature, if the other party pray for condone. if it is not like that most of the marriages are of a total wreck(especially of olden days).(It is true, all are not of the same nature.I know a women died in her seventies, who never speak to her husband for the last 40years, even in her death bed, but not gone for a divorce.)This is not becuase these women are totally dependent on their husbands, it is becuase women are more emotional and husbands can exploit it.

Yes, comparatively.

Yes, from anicient period society give them the benefit of doubt, evenif it is proved elder members of the family will advise the wife to ignore the infidelity of the husband, even her own mother.  Now in most of the families, parents involve if there is a problem in the life of the girl and is called by the people in family counciling centres as undue involment of parents and cause for breaking of family/marriage.

Personally, I am for equal treatment irrespective of gender

Somewhere,( some report related to a study,in one of malayalam women's magazine, don't remember the name ) I read like that, ie., men   have  a tendency for promiscuity.

Infidelity is a serious issue, whatever may be the reasons.

No comments.

Any dflkdjfdl coment here will be deleted, please debate maintianing the limits.

Thanks

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 March 2008 at 6:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

of course yes... if its legal or the woman is modern enough....and please stop calling it infidelity (its too negative and stereotypical)  call it.. being loyally challenged...in matters of s*x..

LOL LOL

Which woman - the one who was partner in infidelity or the one whose husband was loyally challenged?? Winkboth yaar... akhir.. ghar mein aake khana toh khana hai na....LOL

In my opinion, infidelity is totally unacceptable irrespective of gender. Women tend to accept it, not because they are modern but because they stand to lose more than anyone else. The stigma attached to being a divorcee is infinitely worse than knowing your husband has cheated on you. If a man cheats, it's somehow made to be his wife's fault. If a woman cheats, she's the tramp and the poor husband is the sad victim. woman cheating dont look good.. i think that should be left to the men....it looks more "manly"....Wink

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 March 2008 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritika2025

Originally posted by qwertyesque

of course yes... if its legal or the woman is modern enough....and please stop calling it infidelity (its too negative and stereotypical)  call it.. being loyally challenged...in matters of s*x..

LOL LOL

Uh!! Thats a bit too absolute.. The word Modern may itself mean different things to different woman..  I wud say if the woman is modern enough, She shud probably not be scared or hesitant about voicing about her disapproval of it.(assuming she does)ironical.. if she is modern enough why would she disapprove.. why is being modern so prudish......

Actually its  relative. Different strokes for different folks.
Apart from being just a physical activity, s*x  also happens to be another expression of love for many.. So, Acc to me, Infidelity , Physical or emotional, by any gender is Unacceptable....

Going to blah place to entertain potential client as a sales pitch is probably the worst bit of it. Unacceptable And Disgusting.. Bt then , hunger for money and power makes ppl do a lot of things...still wouldnt be the same for a modern woman...LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top