Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 7:31pm | IP Logged

hi guys,

first time posting in food section

i can pretty much cook anything except pasta i always end up wrecking it and well am due to get married in september and need to shed some pounds to fit into the sherwani so i need loads of healthy food recipes and pasta recipes so plz help me out here????Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "can cook anything except" in Food, Drinks & Recipes forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

scorpiongal

Goldie

scorpiongal

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 3:50am | IP Logged

Hey…congo for ur upcoming marriage. I love Pasta and my version is very much low calorie. U can try..it really tastes good and quite light on stomach.

Ingredients.  (serves 4)

Pasta ---------------- 1 cup

Water  for boiling ---------3-4 cups.

Salt----------1 tbsp

Oil---------1 tsp.

Onions, tomatoes, capsicums, carrot ------4-5 each. Chopped finely.

Cheese cubes--------------10-12

Green chillies--------2 finely chopped.

Ginger-grlic paste--------1 tsp.

Timato sauce or tomato-chilly sauce-------2 tbsp.

Soya sauce-------I tsp.

Salt to taste

Oil for cooking---1 tbsp

Coriander powder—1 tbsp.

Chilly powder---1 tsp.

Take one cup of Pasta and boil it in minimum 3 cups of water until it softens enough to eat. Add one tbsp of salt and one tsp of oil while boiling so that it doesn't stick.  Mix well.

After boiling, take it out in a big dish and allow it to cool. Drain excess water from it.

Take  onions, tomatoes, green and yellow capsicums and carrot. U can add any other vegetable u like eat or even increase the quantity of vegetables according to preference. U can also use fresh skimmed milk cheese cubes. Chop all of these separately into half inches pieces.

Heat one tbsp oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste in it (if u wish ) and then add 2 green chilies chopped minutely.

Then add chopped onions in it and fry for 2 minutes on medium flame.

Then add capsicums, cheese cubes and carrots and saut all of them on high flame until light brown.  (Be lil careful whilst cooking them on high flame because u might burn them. I prefer high flame cooking because it preserves nutrients and also keeps vegetables crispy. If u aren't prone to cooking..then it's better to use medium flame. ) Add salt to taste and 1 tsp of coriander powder. Mix it well. U can add red chilly powder or white peeper as well….it depends on you.

After this..Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Keep stirring with spoon on high flame for 3-4 minutes.

Then add Pasta to it and mix it well. Cook for 3-4 minutes so that all vegetables and spices get completely mixed with pasta.  Add 2-3 tbsp of tomato sauce and 1 tsp of soya sauce. Mix well and exhaust flame.

It is quite nutritious because of vegetable content and light in calorie because of low oil and u can eat a bowl full. Try it..hope u'll like it.

shruti_5

IF-Rockerz

shruti_5

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 8:36am | IP Logged

congratulation on ur upcoming marriage, Nug!!! You didnt even tell me that u were getting married!! Ouch  J/K LOL 

Chinese Style Spaghetti /noodles

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound spaghetti or noodles 2 tbsp sesame oil 1/4 cup soy sauce 1 cup snow peas 1 cucumber, diced 4 green onions, sliced 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped 2 tbsp red wine vinegar 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tsp hot chili oil

PREPARATION:

Cook the spaghetti or noodles in water until they are soft, around 10-12 minutes. Drain. Whisk together the sesame oil and soy sauce and toss with spaghetti. In a microwave or steamer, gently cook the snow peas for just 2 minutes.
zSB(3,3)
Whisk together vinegar, mustard and chili oil and toss this with the snow peas, cucumber, green onions and parsley until well mixed. Toss together the veggies and spaghetti until well combined. Enjoy hot or cold

shruti_5

IF-Rockerz

shruti_5

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti_5

congratulation on ur upcoming marriage, Nug!!! You didnt even tell me that u were getting married!! Ouch  J/K LOL 

Chinese Style Spaghetti /noodles

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound spaghetti or noodles 2 tbsp sesame oil 1/4 cup soy sauce 1 cup snow peas 1 cucumber, diced 4 green onions, sliced 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped 2 tbsp red wine vinegar 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tsp hot chili oil

PREPARATION:

Cook the spaghetti or noodles in water until they are soft, around 10-12 minutes. Drain. Whisk together the sesame oil and soy sauce and toss with spaghetti. In a microwave or steamer, gently cook the snow peas for just 2 minutes. Whisk together vinegar, mustard and chili oil and toss this with the snow peas, cucumber, green onions and parsley until well mixed. Toss together the veggies and spaghetti until well combined. Enjoy hot or cold.
zSB(3,3)
Whisk together vinegar, mustard and chili oil and toss this with the snow peas, cucumber, green onions and parsley until well mixed. Toss together the veggies and spaghetti until well combined. Enjoy hot or cold

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
thanks shruti and scorpiongal will try them soon

scorpiongal

Goldie

scorpiongal

Posted: 12 March 2008 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
s

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 24 April 2008 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
thanks guys loved them very nice

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 7:11am | IP Logged
congo dear kal for ur upcoming marriage so u wanna reduce weight .......stop eating ........have fruits n salads n sherwani me fit hona wont be a probs Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top