Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

with pati parmeshwar's credit card 😆

haan...aakhir kisi kaam toh aaye yeh mard log bhi😆😆

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

with pati parmeshwar's credit card 😆

exactly..

on a serious note, this discussion remiind me of a lady. She was in her fourties when she got married to a man , widower with teen age children .Back home it is really hard for women to live alone and family always want to kind of get rid of them after certain age.  She had ofcourse no other choice but to marry and then she left to middle east with her husband ., later on she found out that she was not introduced to the children as step mother , but she was introduced as maid so that children get use to of her before accepting her as step mother and she played to role of maid just to keep her marriage safe.

That's sad, she was introduced as maid. Did she became the lady of the house ?Edited by dp_p - 15 years ago

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

"A woman will have to be twice as good as a man to be considered equal to him"

I think this statemant explains alot. In many fields women have to work day and night in order to get a high post, whereas a man does not even do half as much and he gets to the top, be it sports, politics, business, jobs etc. We know India has a women cricket team but what we don't know is that have they actually ever played, and even if they have, are they as much celebrated? In the bad world of business, there are only 2-3 women at the top that we know of.

Let us see the example of Kiran Bedi, we all know that she is an accomplished lady who, apart from being the first woman to be the Director General of Bureau of police research and development, ministry of home affairs, she has also written many books and taken up on many social issues. Inspite of being the most eligible candidate for the post of Delhi's police commissioner, the post was given to Y S Dadwal just because the beaurocrats of home ministry didn't approve of her and didn't like the way she was "outspoken and radical".
And as far as the society is concerned, i doubt that any change will ever take place. Often when a person meets me for the first time, he asks me " are you the only child? don't have any brothers?", initially i was pretty taken aback to hear such a question which has such a deep, though subtle, meaning behind it coming from the people of the so-called "21st century", but now i only have one answer "maybe i just got lucky"( i mean no offence to girls who have brothers, infact i would love to have one). Even now there are men who do not want their wife to work after marriege, Even now when a married woman wants to do something on her own(without the financial support of her husband), most of the people would say "you are not required to do your own business, you can just do a job and that is sufficiant for a married woman".
And then there is something known as the man's ego. Deep down they do not want the woman to overtake them in any field, they know that women have the power and the capability to overtake them if they want to, but they would not show it(ego)
Then we have all the eve-teasing, rape cases, harrasment, unacceptable public behaviour etc.
If we would have been socially free, we would not think twice before getting out from the house and walking on the roads with our head held high be it 5 o' clock in the morning or 1 o'clock in the night.

Originally posted by liza93

"A woman will have to be twice as good as a man to be considered equal to him"

I think this statemant explains alot. In many fields women have to work day and night in order to get a high post, whereas a man does not even do half as much and he gets to the top, be it sports, politics, business, jobs etc. We know India has a women cricket team but what we don't know is that have they actually ever played, and even if they have, are they as much celebrated? In the bad world of business, there are only 2-3 women at the top that we know of.

Let us see the example of Kiran Bedi, we all know that she is an accomplished lady who, apart from being the first woman to be the Director General of Bureau of police research and development, ministry of home affairs, she has also written many books and taken up on many social issues. Inspite of being the most eligible candidate for the post of Delhi's police commissioner, the post was given to Y S Dadwal just because the beaurocrats of home ministry didn't approve of her and didn't like the way she was "outspoken and radical".
And as far as the society is concerned, i doubt that any change will ever take place. Often when a person meets me for the first time, he asks me " are you the only child? don't have any brothers?", initially i was pretty taken aback to hear such a question which has such a deep, though subtle, meaning behind it coming from the people of the so-called "21st century", but now i only have one answer "maybe i just got lucky"( i mean no offence to girls who have brothers, infact i would love to have one). Even now there are men who do not want their wife to work after marriege, Even now when a married woman wants to do something on her own(without the financial support of her husband), most of the people would say "you are not required to do your own business, you can just do a job and that is sufficiant for a married woman".
And then there is something known as the man's ego. Deep down they do not want the woman to overtake them in any field, they know that women have the power and the capability to overtake them if they want to, but they would not show it(ego)
Then we have all the eve-teasing, rape cases, harrasment, unacceptable public behaviour etc.
If we would have been socially free, we would not think twice before getting out from the house and walking on the roads with our head held high be it 5 o' clock in the morning or 1 o'clock in the night.

I agree to each and every word of your above statement. It is true.

A single answer: NO

Discrimination against women continued for centuries. This can not be ended at all. There are some social rules and regulations which only women has to follow.
Though I know many parents who allow there girl child to wear mini skirts to wear I do not think any parent will ever allow a girl to move around with her group of friends who are mostly boys, but most of the boys have the liberty to have close and intimate relations with girls.
A girl's parent often starts blaming her if her engagement or any "relation" with a boy breaks fearing their social reputation but boy's side often prefer to forget any such relations.
There are many other small things too which parents may not like about their girl child and thus prefer to have a boy who can take 100% correct decisions.
Never mind.
Girls and Women can never be free, they are bound to be kept as a flower vase or dustbin, nothing more!

Nasreen

PS Just a question don't you agree some rules should be also levied on the boys.

PPS Incase, I too support the decisions of parents regard to the expotion of their child to the world but highly oppose the freedo0m given to boys.