Debate Mansion

Are women really free from social rules?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

Continuing the celebration for Women's day, we have a very much needed debate... Smile

We say that women are now on par with men... They are more independent and are free to take their own decisions... They have a say in the running of the family, They are treated equally to men and are now more privileged than the women of the past.. She is no more a person who stays inside the four walls taking care of the house hold..

But the big questions is - Is she really free?????

Even now in many parts of the world, women are not given proper education.. If there is a boy and a girl in a house, more importance is given to the boy of the house... Before marriage, she has to listen to what her parents say and they are the one to take decisions for her and after marriage she needs to take permissions from her In-Laws...

Even now when a girl walks alone on the road side or walks alone into a restaurant, she gets a strange look from all the people around... Even now she is side lined and we hear so much about women harassment.. The government also works more on men's team in sports than for the women.. Though many social rules have been abolished, There are still many rules in the society which binds her..

Though she is praised for what she is, has she till now achieved the 100% freedom in life?????

And the next questions is will she ever achieve 100% freedom???

Please do share your views on this Smile

Edited by Anuradha - 11 March 2008 at 12:14pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

raj5000someandmeMiniRulzshijhuramas-Preeti-LeenasmgBhaskar.TkothraHowlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are women really free from social rules?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
well....its not done yet.....u we're getting there! So yea ofcourse women will rock on from here on....much more than the men Wink

kothra

IF-Stunnerz

kothra

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Women Rocks Big smile

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Almost all the rules were made for women, so I guess it will take a while to break several centuries worth of shackles! Tongue   

infiniti1215

IF-Dazzler

infiniti1215

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
wow...great topic!!!!!!!
ummm hmmm here.. even in usa....women r still payed less then men for SAME job!!!! (i did a research project in 9th grade on this Wink ) n sooo no.... woman r still not really free from social rules... n hehe i gotta go...gotta go follow social rules n listen 2 my mom yellin her head off for me 2 get off the comp!!!!! LOL LOL LOL ill try 2 edit later!!!! Embarrassed

Edited by infiniti1215 - 11 March 2008 at 2:49pm

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 2:57pm | IP Logged

One word answer: No.

Will we ever be free?

We've come a long way from where we were but it's hard to say if women will ever truly be able to stand on their own feet without the dissaproval of society.

Even in the UK I know so many families who frown on women independance and that's me from an old fashioned family!....But the positive thing is that there are so many inspirational women out there who motivate us to step out and reach our potential.

I guess at the end of the day it's up to us to break away the shackles and get to the top.Smile

[P.S. Ooopsie; I ended up writing a whole essay!EmbarrassedLOL]

shabo24

IF-Sizzlerz

shabo24

Posted: 11 March 2008 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Technically, today women are still frowned upon. But I belive that one day Women will be able to stand on their feet with a support crowd behind them. Sure, there will be always people pointing and whispering...but hopefully those people will be part of a minority.

Shabo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top