Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 10 March 2008 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

Heyyy guys!

Back with another Discussion! Wink

Now I know the title's a bit confusing...Confused but I was trying to get your brains running! LOL But to relieve you of the suspence LOL I'll tell you LOL

I was referring to.. Mixed or separate schools!

ie a school with both boys and girls or one with only boys or only girls!

Which do you prefer? Why?

Which do you attend at the moment?

Do you think this factor affect the grades a student achieves?

Love

College & Uni Dev Team

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Howlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Together or Separate?" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

untamedvampire

IF-Rockerz

untamedvampire

Posted: 10 March 2008 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Hi,

I am relatively new to this section, so this is my first time im participating in DOTW...
Now, coming back to the point, I think sometimes studying in co-educational institutions can be slightly advantageous, or can have some disadvantages to it, too.

Advantages are that you can get to know that girls [or boys] are not the only creatures to exist in the world... there is the opposite gender too.

Also, it teaches you how to respond and react when people of the opposite gender are around. It teaches you how you should stay in your limits.

However, the slightly negative points are that it can be a bit distracting, for a girl to have a handsome hunk sitting beside her, or for a guy to have a pretty princess beside him... though, these things must not obstruct someone's learning or gain of knowledge.

I personally think, so long as you don't allow having your studies distracted, it is prefectly OK to study in a mixed institution; even I have studied in co-edu schools and am currently in a mixed college- but not once have I been in any 'panga' with any guy [THANK GOD for that! LOL ]

IceFire

Goldie

IceFire

Posted: 13 March 2008 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
oh you mean single sex! school or mixed?! lol well mixed! ;)

souro

souro

Posted: 14 March 2008 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Personally studied in boys only school till high school and co-ed in college. Which I like better?? Well that's hard to choose as I liked both. But in hindsight maybe co-ed schools are better. I dunno maybe it's cos I'm from a boys school but I think it's better for the kids if they know how to interact freely with the other sex. To be very frank students from single sex schools feel not so free when in presence of the other sex, atleast it's true for guys from boys school.
Which I attend at present?? Well I attend none as I've completed my education.
If it affects the grade of a student?? That's hard to tell as I don't know if any research was conducted on this. And in board exams students from reputed schools, irrespective of whether single sex or co-ed, do well equally. So, I think it's safe to assume that it's not related to the grades.

infiniti1215

IF-Dazzler

infiniti1215

Posted: 14 March 2008 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Personally studied in boys only school till high school and co-ed in college. Which I like better?? Well that's hard to choose as I liked both. But in hindsight maybe co-ed schools are better. I dunno maybe it's cos I'm from a boys school but I think it's better for the kids if they know how to interact freely with the other sex. To be very frank students from single sex schools feel not so free when in presence of the other sex, atleast it's true for guys from boys school.
Which I attend at present?? Well I attend none as I've completed my education.
If it affects the grade of a student?? That's hard to tell as I don't know if any research was conducted on this. And in board exams students from reputed schools, irrespective of whether single sex or co-ed, do well equally. So, I think it's safe to assume that it's not related to the grades.

hehe bhaiyyaa....this is like our pm waali baath!!!!!!LOLLOLLOL

I attend a co-ed school and have done so all my life. I agree with Souro bhaiyya that being in co-ed school is better because it helps in that everybody can learn how to interact with each other better. When I took my Segment 1 driving class, there was this one boy, who was from a all-boys Catholic school. He was so shy, even of me, which was funny since I am shy in person also (not on IF thoughWink) and a guy was shy of ME!!LOL We spent over 20 hours together, in the same car, yet even if I started conversation, he couldn't even properly talk to me since he was so shy. Also, though being in co-ed schools, there has been studies that say that co-ed schools, students tend to less better than in all girls/all boys schools. ( I did a research paper on this topic, sry though, don't remember where I can cite sourceEmbarrassed) That is because in mixed sex schools, kids tend to pay attention more to each other than to teacher, and this is very evident in my high school. Girls are always writing notes to their boyfriends, and guys are always texting them on their cell phones... n both which are forbidden!!!!!! So, my preference is mixed and I think it does affect grades of students.

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 14 March 2008 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bollycrazy

Heyyy guys!

Back with another Discussion! Winkguddddddd

Now I know the title's a bit confusing...Confused but I was trying to get your brains running! LOL But to relieve you of the suspence LOL I'll tell you LOL

I was referring to.. Mixed or separate schools!ClapClap

ie a school with both boys and girls or one with only boys or only girls!

Which do you prefer? Why?i prefer mixed scl which we call as coeducation i personally feel it enhance certain values in boys n girls and kind of equality

Which do you attend at the moment?none LOL my kids do both in mixed set up

Do you think this factor affect the grades a student achieves?achieveing grades i feel is never affetced which set up a kid goes to cuz its entirely personal and da method a kid follows and ofcourse IQ level too some kids tp da list even they attend a seperate set up or even a low profile scl

Love

College & Uni Dev Team

Edited by shijhu - 14 March 2008 at 9:19pm

scorpiongal

Goldie

scorpiongal

Posted: 15 March 2008 at 5:50am | IP Logged
i would say that mixed or co-educational schools is better option.
because..School is the first phase of learning life of every person where we comes to know abt the world and ppl around us, they prepare us for outer world and then we come out to the the practical world and apply our learned knowledge in quest of good life. In real world..we hv to interact with everybody regardless of gender, designation or field. so..spending ur learning life with only half of human race might act as a obstacle in our overall growth and personality development and it might cost ur success to some extent. (as Infiniti1215 mentioned that how one guy was so shy. If he couldn't converse with his fellow well..how would he represent himself in big world confidently? It would be surely difficult for him though not impossible).

I don't think it really affects the Grade of a student..because it depends upon the student that whether he/she allows the distractions around them affect their performance. Distractions are everywhere..they can be of any type...not necessarily gender related.
i hv been in a co-ed school untill my twelve standard and my grades were better. but i did my graduation from all girls college and at that time my grades were comparatively low.   

Sita18

Sita18

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
Well i know being a american i was always in a mixed school.. i think that is great! but maybe for middle school we should have a single sex school and then high school e.t.c mixed so there wont be so much sexually active students if we start there early pubity years single sex so we can learn to control and concentre on work and then we can branch into being in a mixed sex invorment!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top