welcome to the quote g@rden

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
hello everyone!!

Welcome to quotegarden a personal collection of favorite quotes and sayings - inspirational,funny, thought-provoking, motivational, famous, literary. enjoy the thoughts, inspiration, and beauty of words!

well,gyuzz  post ur favourite quotes either these r
inspirational,funny, thought-provoking, motivational, famous, or of any type..........

Quotations about Friendship

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.  ~Douglas Pagels

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.  ~Author Unknown

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.  ~Leo Buscaglia

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.  ~Sicilian Proverb

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.  ~Aristotle

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  ~Albert Schweitzer

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.  ~Arnold H. Glasgow

The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.  ~Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927

A good friend is cheaper than therapy.  ~Author Unknown

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do.  Think up something appropriate and do it.  ~Edgar Watson Howe

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.  ~Henry David Thoreau

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.  ~Arnold Glasow

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.
~William Shakespeare

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.  ~Elisabeth Foley

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.  ~William Blake

A friend is the only person you will let into the house when you are Turning Out Drawers.  ~Pam Brown

One's friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.  ~George Santayana

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.  ~Donna Roberts

If I had to sum up Friendship in one word, it would be Comfort.  ~Adabella Radici

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone.  A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.  ~Samuel Johnson

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.  ~Dave Tyson Gentry

You can always tell a real friend:  when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job.  ~Laurence J. Peter

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.  ~Author Unknown

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.  ~Grace Pulpit

One doesn't know, till one is a bit at odds with the world, how much one's friends who believe in one rather generously, mean to one.  ~D.H. Lawrence

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.  ~C.S. Lewis

Constant use will not wear ragged the fabric of friendship.  ~Dorothy Parker

Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.  ~Virginia Woolf

There are big ships and small ships.  But the best ship of all is friendship.  ~Author Unknown

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.  ~Author Unknown

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.  ~Henry David Thoreau

Quotations about World
and National Patriotism
I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.  I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.  ~Abraham Lincoln

The love of one's country is a splendid thing.  But why should love stop at the border?  ~Pablo Casals

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance.  It is also owed to justice and to humanity.  Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.  ~James Bryce

It is sweet to serve one's country by deeds, and it is not absurd to serve her by words.  ~Sallust

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!  ~Albert Einstein

Our hearts where they rocked our cradle,
Our love where we spent our toil,
And our faith, and our hope, and our honor,
We pledge to our native soil.
God gave all men all earth to love,
But since our hearts are small,
Ordained for each one spot should prove
Beloved over all.
~Rudyard Kipling

To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography.  ~George Santayana

It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.  ~J. Horace McFarland

atriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.  ~Adlai Stevenson

The proper means of increasing the love we bear our native country is to reside some time in a foreign one.  ~William Shenstone

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag.  ~Author Unknown

Love your country.  Your country is the land where your parents sleep, where is spoken that language in which the chosen of your heart, blushing, whispered the first word of love; it is the home that God has given you that by striving to perfect yourselves therein you may prepare to ascend to him.  ~Giuseppe Mazzini

Quotations for Goodbyes
Don't be dismayed at goodbyes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.  ~Richard Bach

We only part to meet again.  ~John Gay

Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.  ~Jean Paul Richter

Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell.  ~Emily Dickinson, "Parting"

Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?  ~Author Unknown

Gone - flitted away,
Taken the stars from the night and the sun
From the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart.
~Alfred Tennyson

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together?  I guess that wouldn't work.  Someone would leave.  Someone always leaves.  Then we would have to say good-bye.  I hate good-byes.  I know what I need.  I need more hellos.  ~Charles M. Schulz

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.  ~Henry David Thoreau

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.  ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.  ~Ivy Baker Priest

Quotations about Happiness
The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.  You have to catch it yourself.  ~Benjamin Franklin

Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.  ~Jacques Prvert

If you want to be happy, be.  ~Leo Tolstoy

Happiness is never stopping to think if you are.  ~Palmer Sondreal

Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy.  ~Robert Anthony

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.  ~Mark Twain

If only we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.  ~Edith Wharton

Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place.  But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around.  ~E.L. Konigsburg

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.  ~Cynthia Nelms

Happiness is always a by-product.  It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular.  But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness.  ~Robertson Davies

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the t
rue meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.  ~Norm Papernick

Quotations about Success
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.  ~Albert Einstein

Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good.  ~Joe Paterno

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.  ~Author Unknown

Eighty percent of success is showing up.  ~Woody Allen

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.  ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average.  ~M.H. Alderson

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  ~Winston Churchill

What is success?  It is a toy balloon among children armed with pins.  ~Gene Fowler

We never know, believe me, when we have succeeded best.  ~Miguel de Unamuno, Essays and Soliloquies, 1925

Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.  ~Lily Tomlin

I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it.  ~Jonathan Winters

There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now.  I might as well take a nap."  ~Carrie Fisher

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.  ~David Frost

Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it.  ~Author Unknown

Success:  To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.  This is to have succeeded!  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.  ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

I dread success.  To have succeeded is to have finished one's business on earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female the moment he has succeeded in courtship.  I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind.  ~George Bernard Shaw, 28 August 1896

Those who have succeeded at anything and don't mention luck are kidding themselves.  ~Larry King

Quotations about Courage
Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other.  ~Samuel Johnson  (Thanks, Frank Lynch)

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.  ~Ambrose Redmoon

Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.  ~Winston Churchill

Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.  ~Mark Twain

People are made of flesh and blood and a miracle fibre called courage.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.  ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.  Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave.  ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar, 1894

It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.  ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.  ~Dan Rather

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared.  ~Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage.  ~Marvin Kitman

Coward:  A man in whom the instinct of self-preservation acts normally.  ~Sultana Zoraya

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.  ~Franklin P. Jones

Courage can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

If God wanted us to be brave, why did He give us legs?  ~Marvin Kitman

Coward:  One who, in a perilous emergency, thinks with his legs.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Quotations about Thinking
No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.  ~Voltaire

Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.  ~Edmund Burke

Often the hands will solve a mystery that the intellect has struggled with in vain.  ~Carl G. Jung

Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.  ~Lorraine Hansberry, A Raisin in the Sun

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.  ~Terry Josephson

You and I are not what we eat; we are what we think.  ~Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course, 1997

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?  ~Winnie the Pooh
Begin challenging your own assumptions.  Your assumptions are your windows on the world.  Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in.  ~Alan Alda

I like to think of thoughts as living blossoms borne by the human tree.  ~James Douglas

The forceps of our minds are clumsy things and crush the truth a little in the course of taking hold of it.  ~H.G. Wells

Our minds are lazier than our bodies.  ~Franois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, Maxims, 1678

Invest a few moments in thinking.  It will pay good interest.  ~Author Unknown

Some people get lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar territory.  ~G. Behn

Thinking is like loving and dying.  Each of us must do it for himself.  ~Josiah Royce

It is well for people who think, to change their minds occasionally in order to keep them clean.  ~Luther Burbank

Physiological response to thinking and to pain is the same; and man is not given to hurting himself.  ~Martin H. Fischer

We spend our days in deliberating, and we end them without coming to any resolve.  ~L'Estrange

Our job is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open minds and to make the agony of the decision-making so intense you can escape only by thinking.  ~Author Unknown

Thinking in its lower grades is comparable to paper money, and in its higher forms it is a kind of poetry.  ~Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life, 1923

The average man never really thinks from end to end of his life.  The mental activity of such people is only a mouthing of clichs.  ~H.L. Mencken, Prejudices, 1925

Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once a week.  ~George Bernard Shaw

...the thoughtful excitement of lonely rambles, of gardening, and of other like occupations, where the mind has leisure to must during the healthful activity of the body, with the fresh and wakeful breezes blowing round it...  ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827

Quotations about Equality and Difference
People are pretty much alike.  It's only that our differences are more susceptible to definition than our similarities.  ~Linda Ellerbee

In America everybody is of opinion that he has no social superiors, since all men are equal, but he does not admit that he has no social inferiors, for, from the time of Jefferson onward, the doctrine that all men are equal applies only upwards, not downwards.  ~Bertrand Russell, Unpopular Essays, 1950

Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.  ~Yiddish Proverb

An earthquake achieves what the law promises but does not in practice maintain - the equality of all men.  ~Ignazio Silone

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.  ~Italian Proverb

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.  There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.  ~John James Ingalls

We didn't all come over on the same ship, but we're all in the same boat.  ~Bernard M. Baruch

As experience widens, one begins to see how much upon a level all human things are.  ~Joseph Farrell

Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast.  There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.  ~Malcolm X

Before God we are all equally wise and equally foolish.  ~Albert Einstein

The longer we live, the more we find we are like other persons.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

The souls of emperors and cobblers are cast in the same mold.... The same reason that makes us wrangle with a neighbour causes a war betwixt princes.  ~Michel de Montaigne, translated

It is well to know something of the manners of various peoples, in order more sanely to judge our own, and that we do not think that everything against our modes is ridiculous, and against reason, as those who have seen nothing are accustomed to think.  ~Ren Descartes, Discourse on the Method, 1637 (translated)

All the people like us are We,
And everyone else is They.
~Rudyard Kipling, We and They, 1926

While there is a lower class I am in it, while there is a criminal element I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.  ~Eugene V. Debs, Cleveland, 1917

Whatever you may be sure of, be sure of this:  That you are dreadfully like other people.  ~James Russell Lowell, "Democracy Address," Birmingham, England, 6 October 1884

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future.  ~Shri Haidakhan Babaji

The tears of the red, yellow, black, brown and white man are all the same.  ~Martin H. Fischer

Who sees all beings in his own Self, and his own Self in all beings, loses all fear.  ~Isa Upanishad

Death and dice level all distinction.  ~Samuel Foote, The Minor

There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it hardly becomes any of us
To talk about the rest of us.
~Edward Wallis Hoch

It's an odd thing about this universe that, though we all disagree with each other, we are all of us always in the right.  ~Logan Pearsall Smith

There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least.  There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust, while the infamous sit at banquets.  ~Robert Ingersoll, A Lay Sermon

Quotations about Humankind
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.  ~Joseph Baretti, quoted by James Boswell, 1766, commonly misattributed to Samuel Johnson* (Thank you, Frank Lynch of SamuelJohnson.com)

Man is harder than rock and more fragile than an egg.  ~Yugoslav Proverb

That in man which cannot be domesticated is not his evil but his goodness.  ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is.  ~Albert Camus

A human being:  an ingenious assembly of portable plumbing.  ~Christopher Morley, Human Being

The true man walks the earth as the stars walk the heavens, grandly obedient to those laws which are implanted in his nature.  ~Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays, 1911

The universe may have a purpose, but nothing we know suggests that, if so, this purpose has any similarity to ours.  ~Bertrand Russell

Ocean:  A body of water occupying two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Man is harder than iron, stronger than stone and more fragile than a rose.  ~Turkish Proverb

Man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it.  ~John Steinbeck, Sweet Thursday

In nature a repulsive caterpillar turns into a lovely butterfly.  But with humans it is the other way around:  a lovely butterfly turns into a repulsive caterpillar.  ~Anton Chekhov

Man is an intelligence in servitude to his organs.  ~Aldous Huxley

We are perverse creatures and never satisfied.  ~Nan Fairbrother

Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.  ~Author Unknown

Human consciousness arose but a minute before midnight on the geological clock.  Yet we mayflies try to bend an ancient world to our purposes, ignorant perhaps of the messages buried in its long history.  Let us hope that we are still in the early morning of our April day.  ~Stephen Jay Gould, "Our Allotted Lifetimes," The Panda's Thumb, 1980

Such is the human race, often it seems a pity that Noah... didn't miss the boat.  ~Mark Twain

There are too many people, and too few human beings.  ~Robert Zend

It would indeed be a tragedy if the history of the human race proved to be nothing more than the story of an ape playing with a box of matches on a petrol dump.  ~David Ormsby Gore

Only on paper has humanity yet achieved glory, beauty, truth, knowledge, virtue, and abiding love.  ~George Bernard Shaw

The disastrous history of our species indicates the futility of all attempts at a diagnosis which do not take into account the possibility that homo sapiens is a victim of one of evolution's countless mistakes.  ~Arthur Koestler, Janus: A Summing Up

Men!  The only animal in the world to fear.  ~D.H. Lawrence

The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race.  ~Don Marquis

Man embraces in his makeup all the natural orders; he's a squid, a mollusk, a sucker and a buzzard; sometimes he's a cerebrate.  ~Martin H. Fischer

Men are cruel, but Man is kind.  ~Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds, 1916

Humanity is on the march, earth itself is left behind.  ~David Ehrenfeld, The Arrogance of Humanism, 1978

Human nature, if healthy, demands excitement; and if it does not obtain its thrilling excitement in the right way, it will seek it in the wrong.  God never makes bloodless stoics; He makes no passionless saints.  ~Oswald Chambers

Cabbage: a familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a man's head.  ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Quotations for St Valentine's Day

Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!  ~Thomas Hood

When love is not madness, it is not love.  ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Many are the starrs I see, but in my eye no starr like thee.  ~English saying used on poesy rings

Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupry, Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.  ~Albert Einstein

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.  When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.  ~Author Unknown

For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
~Rosemonde Gerard

Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.  ~Author Unknown

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.  ~Author Unknown

I claim there ain't
Another Saint
As great as Valentine.
~Ogden Nash

Trip over love, you can get up.  Fall in love and you fall forever.  ~Author Unknown

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.  ~Author Unknown

A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you.
~Author Unknown

You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.  ~Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum"

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.  ~Author Unknown

Must, bid the Morn awake!
Sad Winter now declines,
Each bird doth choose a mate;
This day's Saint Valentine's.
For that good bishop's sake
Get up and let us see
What beauty it shall be
That Fortune us assigns.
~Michael Drayton

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.  ~William Shakespeare

kisses are a better fate
than wisdom.
~e.e. cummings

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?  ~Author Unknown

Who, being loved, is poor?  ~Oscar Wilde

In melody divine,
My heart it beats to rapturous love,
I long to call you mine.
~Author Unknown

Grow old with me!  The best is yet to be.  ~Robert Browning

Without love, what are we worth?  Eighty-nine cents!  Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.  ~M*A*S*H, Hawkeye

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it.  You and you alone make me feel that I am alive.  Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.  ~George Moore

We loved with a love that was more than love.  ~Edgar Allan Poe

Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.  ~Ben Hecht

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.  ~Henry Van Dyke

Are we not like two volumes of one book?  ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

Quotations:  Best Friends Forever
A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.  ~Arnold H. Glasgow

Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.  ~Author Unknown

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.  ~Donna Roberts

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.  ~Author Unknown

Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you.  They are not perfect but are always perfect for you.  ~Author Unknown

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.  If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder.  If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow.  If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.  But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.  ~Author Unknown

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.  ~Grace Pulpit

There are big ships and small ships.  But the best ship of all is friendship.  ~Author Unknown

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.  ~Author Unknown

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.  ~Author Unknown

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels.  ~Author Unknown

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.  ~Marlene Dietrich

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.  ~Author Unknown

What is a friend?  A single soul dwelling in two bodies.  ~Aristotle

I like her because she smiles at me and means it.  ~Anonymous

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.  That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.  ~Emily Kimbrough

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.  "Pooh!" he whispered.  "Yes, Piglet?"  "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw.  "I just wanted to be sure of you."  ~A.A. Milne

Hold a true friend with both your hands.  ~Nigerian Proverb

Are we not like two volumes of one book?  ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.  ~Flavia Weedn, Forever,  Flavia.com

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.  ~Oprah Winfrey

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.  ~Lois Wyse

A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself.  ~Frances Ward Weller

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should.  ~Author Unknown

Friends are relatives you make for yourself.  ~Eustache Deschamps

You can always tell a real friend:  when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job.  ~Laurence J. Peter

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.  ~Douglas Pagels

'Top 10' Famous Quotes and Quotations Lists...

Favorite Famous Quotes #1
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details.
Albert Einstein

Favorite Famous Quotes #2
100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
Wayne Gretzky

Favorite Famous Quotes #3
'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where --' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation.
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Favorite Famous Quotes #4
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

Favorite Famous Quotes #5
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
Dr. Napoleon Hill
Favorite Famous Quotes #6
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Favorite Famous Quotes #7

You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want.
Zig Ziglar

Favorite Famous Quotes #8
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain
Favorite Famous Quotes #9
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
Samuel Johnson
Favorite Famous Quotes #10
I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it short.
Blaise Pascal

Favorite Famous Quotes #11
Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.
Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas

Favorite Famous Quotes #12
Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day.
Helen Steiner Rice

plzzz gyuzz share vur favourite quotes  or sayings..plz
and sorrry if it izz boring๐Ÿ˜ƒ.......

enjoy the thoughts, inspiration, and beauty of words!๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by Tabi_tabbsum - 16 years ago
wow, those are a lot. TFS luv! ๐Ÿ˜›
nyce quotez ๐Ÿ‘

thnxx 4 sharin ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
nicee quotess...thanxx for em

Fantastic๐Ÿ˜‰...Thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜›, love em๐Ÿ˜ณ

wow, lots of quotes. Thanks for sharing

i think my favorite quotes are:

"Don't judge Islam by the actions of Muslims, Islam is perfect, Muslim's aren't"

"Be special and unique, be a servant of Allah (swt)"

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!"

"Allah (swt) blesses us all in his own unique way and sometimes those blessgings turn out be our worst trials and tribuations"
Posted: 15 years ago
those were really nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

sometimes in life you must lose something to gain something else

you can't teach an old dog new tricks

even Albert Einstein asked questions

don't judge a book by its cover

where there is love there is life

better is the enemy of best

learn to listen and listen to learn

failing to plan is planning to fail

guests and fish start to smell after three days-Ben Franklin

don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant

Love and death are both uninvited guests

if you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always gotten

be yourself because those who matter won't mind and those who mind won't matterEdited by SVlover - 15 years ago