CID

The view from Anoop Soni's recliner...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 10 September 2005 at 7:31am | IP Logged

Barely a month ago, Anoop Soni, who plays ACP Ajatshatru in CID-Special Bureau (Sony) and Raghav Dutt in Remix (Star One), shifted to his new home in Oshiwara.

"So we are still settling with minor work, like lights and fittings, that have yet to be fixed."

The actor, his wife Ritu (who runs a software portal) and their year-old daughter Zoya, previously stayed at Yari Road.

"We were looking for a bigger, better place, and ever since we saw this place in Tarapore Gardens, Oshiwara, we knew this would be our new home. As Zoya is very small, we designed our home to keep things out of her reach," says Soni. "Ritu took care of doing up the house along with professional designer, Sheena Varma."

The living room has been done up in browns and basic white for a warm look, with a fireplace adding to the quaint charm. The bedrooms are colourfully kitschy, while the kitchen is in brown with shades of bottle green.

"My favourite corner is the recliner-cum-massage chair where I relax after a long day at a shoot," says Soni, who will be seen on the big screen in Prakash Jha's Apaharan, Anubhav Sinha's Tathastu and Kamal Sadanah's Karkash.

shaheen@mid-day.com

shaheen@mid-day.com
IT'S A SONI!
"This is our daughter Zoya's room, done up in a castle look in shades of pink, yellow and lime green. My wife, Ritu, had decided years ago that if she had a baby girl she would call her Zoya. "Ever since I saw this Pakistani serial Dhoop Kinare, I was fascinated by actress Marina Khan's character's name Zoya. In fact when I was not married people would ask me, 'When is Zoya coming?', meaning when would I marry?"

TABLE TALK:
"There is an open kitchen at one end of the living room, which is L-shaped, so that it is hidden from view. The dining table divides the area"
FIREPLACE BY MY SIDE:
"It was my wife Ritu's idea to have a small fireplace by the side in the living room. She wanted something old-fashioned and very British, and we kept it very basic, with a wooden mantle on it"

MY FAVOURITE CORNER: "This recliner–cum-massage chair was a surprise from my wife Ritu. There is a bookrack beside it, so it's just perfect for me to relax and read. Adds Ritu, "Anoop loves to read when he comes back from his shoot, so this is just perfect. I hate the clutter of books and papers when people read on the bed"

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The view from Anoop Soni's recliner..." in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
thanks priya for making my day. i love the last soni in recliner pic. what a sweet family guyWink!!!

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 19 September 2005 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
I am sure you were wishing you were there Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top