Debate Mansion

Indian ppl's obsession with mothballs? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

PiyaBawri

IF-Rockerz

PiyaBawri

Posted: 06 March 2008 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~globetrotter~

Darn it! Why do I always show up late for these things? *looking around bug eyed*
What'd'I miss? What'd'I miss?

Okay, I just HAVE to pitch in.

1. Aah, the mothballs. Because the moths in hamara Hindustan, like the desis themselves are so very persistent and hard working, unlike the moths here in Amreeka who dont even put in an effort. Thus, the extra strong scented mothballs. Dichlorobenzene plus plus.
2. No, silly, we dont use them for regular wear. *gasp* Do you?! If so, stop. I know we desis inspire hygiene every where we go, but seriously there is a right way to do these things and a wrong way. And spritzing moth ball powder on your daily wear is the wrrrrong way.
3. Aaah, the tongue scraper. The secret to my minty fresh breath. *sticking my mouth in everyone's face* See here, smell. No smell. *sticking a random non-desi dude's mouth in everyone's face* Now see here. Smell. Eww. That's my point.
4. And no, just because we'all eat curry doesnt mean we'all smell like curry. I just know that's coming next. See here *sticking my armpits in everyone's face* Smell me. Smell that juicy fruity smell? And I didnt even eat any fruits today. See, no correlation.

Ohoho. Dont be shy, okay. Plis to ask more qweshuns. We clarify everything.

ROFL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian ppl's obsession with mothballs? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 06 March 2008 at 2:03pm | IP Logged

Darn it! Why do I always show up late for these things? *looking around bug eyed*

1. Aah, the mothballs. Because the moths in hamara Hindustan, like the desis themselves are so very persistent and hard working, unlike the moths here in Amreeka who dont even put in an effort. Thus, the extra strong scented mothballs. Dichlorobenzene plus plus.
2. No, silly, we dont use them for regular wear. *gasp* Do you?! If so, stop. I know we desis inspire hygiene every where we go, but seriously there is a right way to do these things and a wrong way. And spritzing moth ball powder on your daily wear is the wrrrrong way.
3. Aaah, the tongue scraper. The secret to my minty fresh breath. *sticking my mouth in everyone's face* See here, smell. No smell. *sticking a random non-desi dude's mouth in everyone's face* Now see here. Smell. Eww. That's my point.
4. And no, just because we'all eat curry doesnt mean we'all smell like curry. I just know that's coming next. See here *sticking my armpits in everyone's face* Smell me. Smell that juicy fruity smell? And I didnt even eat any fruits today. See, no correlation.

GT, I am so glad that curiosity got the better of me and I came to check why this thread had reached 5 pages considering the rather stuffy title! I almost dropped my laptop laughing! Big smile

~globetrotter~

Groupbie

~globetrotter~

Posted: 06 March 2008 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
^LOL. Glad you both had a good laugh. Big smile

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Soory to be a total party pooper....but I HATE mothballs too!!!!

Quite apart from the fact they are harmful to children and especially anyone who has G6PD deficiency (which a lot of people from Africa and Asian subcontinent do)

they absolutely stink to high heaven!
In this day and age when there are so many other things to protect your clothes from damp/mildew/moth eating, as effective as they are is as antisocial and smelly mothballs are.

For me - they epitomise all that is desi, less so the garlic etc.

I hate them so will promote the cause to do away with them! LOL

Having said that - love the tonge scraper!!!!

buckets and buckets of ....

Angry M Angry

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 07 March 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged

ROFL

That was amazing....Thanks for that...I needed a good laugh after today's exam

Edited by Ritika2025 - 07 March 2008 at 10:30am

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 07 March 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

ROFLYou sure pitched in some Humor bombs here...ROFL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top