Low Calorie Strawberry Angel Food Cake
Joined: 01 February 2008
Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:34pm
| IP Logged
I just wanted to share a recipe for one of the most heavenly things you can put in your mouth--Angel Food Cake! And to make it even more out-of-this-world, it's going to be strawberry flavored! Just adding on to the ANGELIC part of it, it's low in calories (for a desert, anyway ) and has no cholesterol!
For the Batter:
- 16 oz. Angel Food Cake mix (or for the recipe on how to make Angel Food Cake instead if you want a more home-y feeling, click here)
- 1 and 1/4 cup Strawberry Fanta (or any other Strawberry carbonated beverage)
- 1/4 cup honey
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup melted reduced fat margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. Strawberry Fanta (once again, any other Strawberry carbonated beverage can be used)
- 4 drops red food coloring (to make it look more intriguing! You can leave this out if you want.)
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except substitute 1 and 1/4 cups beverage and honey for the water. Bake as directed. Remove from oven and set upside-down until cooled. Meanwhile to prepare glaze, combine melted margarine, powdered sugar, remaining beverage, and food coloring in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and drizzling consistency. Spread top of cake with glaze.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Yields 12 servings.
Do try it out sometime, guys !! By far my fave dessert.
The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:
Go to top
, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Low Calorie Strawberry Angel Food Cake
" in Food, Drinks & Recipes
forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW
Forum Quick Jump
Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted