pooja1_76 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi,
When will that tomorrow come.

pooja
swathi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ezther it was brilliant. A welcome break from hotel industry and the way you give out those little detail on banking industry and the last campaign on shampoo was just splendid. I loved reading all the parts today.

Swathi
pptm469 thumbnail
Did I miss the update or did you forget??
Please update soon. I think I need to read some good story lines in the FF since the track of KS is soooo saddd.

I just wish that the Meera and Bani would just give up!!

Anyway's please update soon !!
Rgds
Sangeeta
Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
guys i have been ill for the last few days and i just came to let you know that i will try to put up two parts of this ff tomorrow or friday,just to be safe.i am so so so sorry 😭 😭 😭 please bare with me!
love always,me.
kitkat_2002 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
get well soon dear
n take care
Ezther thumbnail

Hello Guys!!Again!!!I Am So Sorry For All The Delay But I Promise Yoy I Would Post This Today,Just For You Guys.I'll Try And Update Weekly.Here's The Next Part Peeps.Hope You Enjoy!!

Jai looked at his father like his father had lost his mind. Did he just say that this crazy woman was the new Creative director? What game was he playing at?
Frowning severely,"Dad, this is a joke right?"
"On the contrary Jai,I mean every word. I think she will make a good addition to our family here at WGI."
"Are you kiddingme? With the stunt she just pulled in the Conference room? We're lucky we didn't lose the clients!"
"Come on Jai,the element of surprise and something fresh excited even Mr.Conservative himself so what are we talking about?"
"You call that a presentation?" he looked aghast at his father,"Shoving your hair in the client's face?"
"Hey,it smelled wonderful,"Bani pipped in,giving him a 'just so you know 'nod.
He gave her a silencing look but she glared right back. He turned to Uday again,"The interview for this position is about to commence and here you hire this woman off the bat without knowing a thing about her. She is not Walia standard material Dad."
"I am so Walia standard material," Bani said in her defense.
"And I agree with her. She's fresh and different and she has my vote."
"Thank you," Bani smiled at him,then turned to Jai and glared.
"I won't hire her," Jai said stubbornly, "There's legitimate candidates out there and I won't let this unstable person use a shortcut."
"You will fight me on this Jai?" his father asked,frowning at him in surprise.
"I don't want a madcap here in WGI,"he said,looking Uday in the eye.
What was wrong with Jai today?He never questioned him before,let alone challenged him on anything.Why was he so touchy about this.He looked at Bani who was looking at him with a clear question in her eyes.Was he going to let his son boss him around like this?
Clearing his throat,helooked at Jai as a stern father would," Jai,never have you questioned my decisions and never can I ever remember you challenging a decision of mine.
Jai made to answer but Uday held up a silencing hand. He was not finished.
"Jai the last time I checked this company belonged to me and I can still make decisions concerning it. And it is my decision," he said, looking at Bani,"That she stays."
"Dad…"
"Jai…"Uday said in a resolute but soft voice,"It's decided. Get legal on the line I want a contract drawn up immediately."
Jai looked at his father wondering what the hell was going on.Who was this woman to him and why did she have his father going against him?And on an issue like this?Making his father pull rank on him?Who the hell was she?
He looked from his father to the smirking woman who saucily pointed at the phone, indicating he had a phone call to make. His eyes shot fire at her and she knew she had already made an enemy in this man. But she couldn't care less as she had dealt with his type before and if she had lived through them,he was a piece of cake.
He called legal and asked them to get to working on her employment contract.
Uday had dropped himself into a seat and was staring grimly at the table in front of him and was not saying a word.
"I'll leave you two alone,"Jai said in muted anger and left theoffice after giving Bani another hateful glance.
As the door shut behind him she exhaled dramatically,"I'm sorry about all this sir."
"No need."
"But there is Sir, Obviously you two have never had this kind of fight before or at least not in the presence of a stranger."
"I just don't understand how he can go against me when its something he has never done,"Uday said with a puzzled expression.
Sitting beside him,"Well maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Or worse,"she said in excited possibility,"He slipped and bumped his head on the stairs!"
Uday looked at her funny and just chuckled,"You really have an over active imagination don't you?"
She shrugged,"At least you're laughing."
"Come,"he said rising,"I'll show you around the department and those who you'll be working with.I'd leave this to Jai but chances are he'll lock you in a broom closet and throw away the key."
"Not a chance,"she said,a skip in her step.
He introduced her to a handful of people-her secretary Shubra,her special assistant Kunal and a few other people who's name she could't remember off the top of her head but all seemed like nice enough people who wouldn't give her problems. Uday watched her interact with them and noticed how she joked with them but gave them enough space to know that she was the boss. She knew they were wondering how she got the job when the interview had not yet been conducted but all showed good restraint and didn't necessarily let it show that they wanted to know what had happened to make the boss' son so angry,and if her employment was connected to it.
"You know its strange,"Uday said after a while,"You never asked to see your office."
"I would but its hard enough to concentrate on all the names and faces of the people I have to work with!"
He smiled and led her in the direction of her office.She noticed it was just downthe hall from the Big bad wolf.Uday pushed open the door and ushered her in and she gasped!
"Oh my goodness,look at this!"
The office was done in rich chocolate brown and a big black mahogany table adorned the end of the office backing the window.An official looking high backed complimentary black leather chair that swiveled so you could look out the window at the picturesque view of buildings and a wonderful expanse of beachfronts.The dark colors of the office were brightened by two comfortable creamy brown leather seats with white throw pillows.It was stark and very masculine, so she was going to have to put in her own personal touches here and there.
"It is amazing, I love it,"she said to Uday who just loved to watch her face.
She wasn't those pretend women who faked everything they felt, and he had seen quite a few around his son. All of them hoping to become Mrs. Jai Walia. He however knew his son was too smart for all of that and was happy to not have to worry about him on that count. This one, he thought to himself with a smile, was all woman.
Her special assistant Kunal popped his head in around the door,"Mr Walia sir,legal just called.They have the draft."
"Good,thank you Kunal,"he said,dismissing him with a wave of his hand,"Shall we?"
"Of course,"she said and led the way out of the office and to the Conference room.
The document had been neatly placed in front of his chair on the table and he took it and went over it slowly while Bani patiently waited. When he was done,he handed it over to her to take a look.
"Does it satisfy you?'she asked him.
"Yes,its pretty standard,"he said,"You are in thie employ of this company for the next one year and you get all the allowances that come with your position. House, mobility, entertainment, medical allowances, travel, working holidays and miscellaneous. All a part of your salary,basic of which is…"
She gasped,as she had just flipped to that page and Uday smiled proudly.
"This much?"
"Yes, that much,plus bonuses,"he added,"If and when you do a good job as I trust you will."
Her smile was grateful,"Thank you so much Mr.Walia. I have had the most wonderful beginning to a wonderful day and you have so made it that much special.I must have done something right this morning."
"Perhaps you did,"he said,as she quickly took a pen and signed the document, and before he could stop her,she bent and touched his feet,"What was the need for that?"
"I wish I had parents whose feet I could touch to take blessings for this new start to my life, but I don't.You're an elder Mr.Walia, and I would really be honored if you would bless me."
His heart swelled with a conviction that he had done the right thing. He was sad though that she didn't have her parents with her anymore and his heart melted further with compassion,"My blessings are always with you my child. You will do great things."
"Thank you,"she said.
"Kamal hai,first you call me an elder and then say thank you? Thank you is to strangers, not between father and child."
She nodded and her eyes filled with tears. For the first time in years, someone had spoken to her like a child. She didn't have to be doing business with them or massaging their egos to get it.
'I'll leave you to savor this moment,"he said,turning to leave,"You resume at nine tomorrow. Don't be late or my son will never let you hear the end of it."
She nodded trying to fight the tears that stung the back of her eyes.He knew she needed to be alone right now as it clearly had been a rollercoaster ride this morning.
As he left and gently lowered herself into a chair and looked around the room in awe.This was her now…Bani Shukla, Creative head atWalia Group of Companies. Taking her cell from her purse,she speed dialed Rano.
"Hello Rano."
"Didi, I have been waiting for your call all morning. How was the interview?"
'Get Pia on the line,'was all she could manage.
Immediately Rano got Pia on the line after having to shout at her secretary that it was an emergency and to get her on the line.
"She's here."
"Di,how was the interview?"
"Pia…Rano…I'm sitiing in the Conference room at WGI."
"And?"Rano asked.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't what's wrong but I got the job!"the last four words were said in an excited voice.
There were screams from bother sisters and everyone was talking at once in excitement at the prospect of her working in one of the most prestigious companies in all of India.
"What happened…I mean what did you say?"Pia asked all excited.
"What were the panel like?"Rano asked.
Just then the conference room door opened and there stood none other than the Big bad wolf.
"Girls,I'll tell you all about it later. I have to go right now ok?"
"What's wrong?"Rano asked.
"Later love,everything later on," she said,getting to her feet,"Bye now."
No sooner had she dropped the phone than he walked into the office like King of the World. She was tempted to courtesy in sarcasm.
"Gloating already?"heasked.
"Now why would I need to do that?" she asked sweetly.
He stood facing her in an adversarial manner,"What relationship do you share with my father?"
Taken aback and utterly shocked,"What!?"
"You heard me,"he said in disgust. He had gone over it in his head a hundred times since she walked into the office with his father, as to why his father would break tradition and hire someone out of nowhere for a sensitive job like Creative head."I'm waiting Mrs.Shukla."
She fixed him with an equally disgusted stare and said slowly,"You have a really dirty mind Mr.Walia. I mean to think like that about your own father is the height of shamelessness. And just so you know,as of thismorning he was an acquaintance, but as of this afternoon, he is a father."
It was his turn to be shocked,"What?!"
"Are you going deaf?" she was getting mad now,"Your father, in the two and a half hours I have known him has been the most wonderful man I have met in a really long time. They say the apple don't fall far from the tree but you, I think you were thrown far away from the tree!"
"You will watch your mouth Mrs.Shukla,"he ground out.
"Warna kya?"she said with a 'go on I dare you' look,"You can't fire me Mr.Walia cos my contract is with your father and not you. Second of all, it's for a year in which time I cannot be fired so you my friend, are barking up the wrong tree. You have issues with my being here,take it up with your father. But we already know how he feels about it don't we?"
He was looking at her in absolute silence, obviously weighing her. It would have scared a lesser person but she would not be intimidated by this man, Walia or not. She looked him in the eye too. He decided something in his mind and spun on his heels and exited the room. She sank into the chair for the second time and closed her eyes. This was indeed a long, long day. Grabbing her purse off the table, she decided to head home before he returned with a rifle or something. They were going to make each other miserable, she could just sense it. But what the hell, she lived for the adversity.

Later that day when the kids got home with Anu in tow, she had made an exceptionally large dinner which they were not allowed to touch as their aunts were not yet there.
"Just tell us already,"Anu said in frustration.
"Well,its not like anything fantastic happened Anu,it was like every other interview but my sisters are coming over and we are going to eat as a family."
"Okay,"she said grumpily and Bani laughed at her attempt to pull an ugly face on her beautiful face.
At that moment,Pia and Rano arrived, Rano having picked Pia from the office to come to the house.
"Okay Di,we're here now,"Pia said.
"And we want details!!"Rano smiled happily,plopping herself down on the sofa next to Anu and Krishna,"Hey guys!"
"Welcome maasi,"they chorused.
"Hey,noneforme?"Pia said in mock jealousy.
They all got up and went to hug her before settling down again to listen to the big news she had been keeping from them.
"Okay, Anu,first of all I met your grandfather today and he is a doll."
"Thank you aunty,"she smiled.
"Now it wasn't planned cos I didn't know there was a separate elevator for the boss and his grandfather so…"
She proceeded to tell them all that had transpired today between her and Uday, and later between her and Jai. Anu was shell shocked!! Jai mama going against Dada? Bani aunty and Jai mama having a showdown and she hadn't even began to work there? This whole thing was blowing up right in front of her!
"That was quite a day you had mama,"Atharva said," But you were in your element against her Uncle."
"He is going to be so enraged,"Anu said in amusement," I'd hate to be you at the office. He could make your life hell!"
"He'll meet hismatch in my mum,"Ganga said confidently,"Her bark is worse than her bite,and then some!"
"For your sake aunty, I hope that is true. Me, I'm going to sit this one out. Act like I don't know a thing," Anu said, effectively removing herself from the equation.
"I wold if I were you,"Rano said,"Wouldn't want your Uncle finding out you're the reason his worst nightmare is going to be haunting him for the next one year.Maybe more if I know my sister."
"To the new Creative head of Walia Group of Companies, and the hell she's about to raise there,"Pia raised her glass.
Everyone followed suit and raised their glasses to toast her and she thanked them.They settled down to dinner and Anu called home to tell them that she would have dinner with the Krishna and her family.She made sure not to mention Bani's name as her intentions being hidden lay in the fact that she acted like she didn't know either of the parties she was about to blindside.
She had prayed that everything would work out and thank goodness,it had. Now it was on to phase 2 of her plan.To bring them closer together. That was going to take some doing, she thought, as she looked round the table. She hoped she was doing the right thing by Bani and her friends, or she could royally mess up a lot of lives.
She asked heaven to help her in this Herculean task.
Edited by *Piku* - 16 years ago
Ezther thumbnail

Guys, it'll be weekend before i update again! Here is second chance again!

It had been a month since Bani had been working at WGI and she was loving it! The people were amazing and gave you the family treatment. In the time she had been there she had come to lean heavily on Kunal and Shubra who she had asked to be her shield from Mr. Grumpy pants as she had elected to call him.They had had close shaves before but she had matched him word for word, action for action. She exasperated him and he tried to frustrate her. There was this one time they had had a presentation for a company that wanted to advertise a new perfume line and he didn't tell her until a day before.
"Are you insane Jai?What,are you trying to sabotage me?!"she yelled.
"You're the expert Bani. Last I heard you were able to think on your feet,'he swiveled from his laptop to fix her with a smug look, "So think."
She glared at him, but he smiled at her,the same way she had done when they first met.Then slowly,a smile curved her own lips too. In confusion his own smile slipped a bit.
"Thank you,"she said courteously.
She walked out of his office and straight to hers," Kunal, Shubra,we have work to do. Grumpypants just dropped a big one on me."
"What are you talking about?"Kunal asked in confusion.
"The Floating Daisy account. The idiot just dropped it on me."
"But the presentation is tomorrow,"Shubra said, now confused herself.
"He wants to show me up in front of the board,"she said,pacing back and forth,"The idiot!!"
"Okay,okay.So he wants a fight,"Kunal said,going into productive mode,"I hate to break it to you but cursing him isn't going to do any good. I'll cancel every meeting today and we'll get cracking on this."
"I'll go see if I can come up with anything productive on perfumes,"Shubra said,right on the heels of Kunal.
Bani sank unto her sofa, wondering what the hell she would do?She needed to go outside…she needed inspiration….damn that fool Jai Walia! She grabbed her purse from the table and headed out the office, only to run smack dab into grumpypants himself.
"Ah, going somewhere?" he asked,that annoying smile in place.
"Oh yes,"she said,giving a sweet smile,"I have a thing."
"I'll bet,"he said.
"Don't you have stuff to do? People to try to get fired? Blame for your inadequacies?"
"Now…"
"Gotta go!"she said brightly and flounced off, while Kunal and Shubra watched from their table, amused.
"You know, he likes her,"Kunal said.
"After a stunt like this,not at all,"Shubra said.
"You ever heard the story of the fifth grader who kept pulling on the pig tails of the little cute girl in his class?"
"No."
"He keeps doing that cos it's the only way he can get her attention. He hides behind the door and watches her cry, and hates himself for making her cry."
She looked at him wryly,"Some how I don't see him crying for making her mad."
"Yeah,I know what you mean. But you mark my words,he's going to be sorry he pulled this stunt."

Bani drove around for a bit and finally came to the beach,got out and taking off her shoes she began to walk slowly. The feel of the warm sand trickling through and around her toes gave her a strange sense of peace and some feeling of tranquility. She needed to come up with something fast…she would not let him win this.She sat down after a while and just people-watched. There were surfers, para-sailers, jet skiers and everyone seemed content in what they were doing. She looked to the left and saw a family playing in the sand. The little girl kept offering moulds of sand to her father and he gladly took them and pretended to eat them, causing the little girl to giggle in delight. She laughed at that.
She looked out into the sea and let her mind wonder. She lay back on the sand with her sun glasses in place. Sand….sea waves…voices…family….joy…life…children….blue skies…white clouds….wait a minute what was the company going for exactly with this campaign anyway?
She pulled her cell phone from her pocket,"Kunal…yeah I'm fine. Look, what exactly is the company going for with this campaign?"
"I think they want to sell the idea of a fantasy with this bottle."
"Fantasy."
"Yes…any ideas?"
"It's coming," she smiled and looked around her, a smile forming on her lips,"It's coming."
"Okay well take your time," he said, "Mr Grumpypants is walking on air here and it is making me uneasy.'
"We'll take him down a notch," she said confidently,"I'll get back to you."
She decided to stay on at the beach and let the sun and wind play on her skin. She hadn't been to the beach in a long time and she wanted to relax a while.

"Where is she?"
Shubra looked up and jumped to her feet,"She ahhh….stepped out for a while."
"A while was about two hours ago," Jai said, flipping his wrist to look at his watch.
"I think she'll be back soon.'
"Stop interrogating my secretary," Bani said coming up behind him,then flipped her hair back to fix him with a cocky stare,"You really miss me that much huh?"
"Hardly."
"Okay then.shoo!"she waved him away," I got work to do and you're holding me up. Where's Kunal?"
She had turned to Shubra and Jai was just staring at her. She just flipped her hair at him again.And worse still, she had just dismissed him like he was a nobody. Who the hell did she think she was?
"You're still here?"she said,turning to find him still staring at her,"Mhhmm, must have missed me a lot!"
She flounced into her office and turned to look at him,then slowly shut the door.She was up to something…that woman was up to something.

"Dinner is served! Atharva,Ganga, come down this second!!"Bani called from down stairs.
"Coming!" Ganga called as they thundered down stairs.
"Krishna,come on in,"she called her daughter from the back porch.
"I'll talk to you later,"she said as she walked through the door.
"Who's that?" Bani asked her.
"A guy from school."
"You mean your new boyfriend," Atharva said in a corrective manner.
"He's not my boyfriend Atharva," Krishna said rolling her eyes.
"You mean the guy that deliberately accidentally dumped a glass of mango chapman on your top so he could conveniently lend you his jacket...."
"That is not how it was," Krishna cut him off defensively.
"Oh that is so how it was,"he said, taking the bowl of salad from his mother and passing it to Ganga.
"So, my daughter has a crush on some guy?" Bani teased.
"No way, he was just being nice," Krishna was in explanation mode.
"Oh come on,"Atharva said," I'm a guy,I should know."
"You're a guy with zero experience with women and you are going to tell me what is and what isn't?"Krishna fired at him.
"Oh no, I disagree with that,"Ganga said,"I know that you know he was practically the minister of women affairs back in Bangalore."
"I agree," Bani said.
"Thank you!"Atharva said.
"Well whatever," Krishna said, digging into her macaroni and cheese.
"No need to get upset Krishna, its just a conversation," Bani soothed.
"Not if it puts me on the spot," she said through a mouth full of food.
"Alright we'll drop it, but you gotta admit, if he's calling you at home…"she gave her daughter a knowing look," He's not just being nice."
"I told you so," Atharva said aid smugly.
Krishna took a swipe at him and he ducked, laughing at her.
"So, what new trick did Mr.Grumpypants play today?"Ganga asked.
"Oh you would not believe what he pulled,"she said, swallowing her food quickly," We have a meeting with a big wig account and the idiot didn't tell me.I mean he's trying to make me look bad the…"
"Mom…" Krishna warned,"He's Anu's Uncle."
"Well she's not here," Bani said making a face.
"So,have you come up with something?"
"Do you or do you not trust your mother?" she said proudly, "I am going to rub it in his face!"
"Easy ma,"Atharva said, amused at his mother's attempt at being nasty," We don't want you to cross over to the dark side now do we?"
"I'm not,I just want him to stop trying to hurt me at work," she said, "I mean, why won't he just leave me alone?"
"That's kind of obvious ma,"Atharva said.
"What? What is obvious?' Bani asked frowning at her son.
"Look at you ma," he waved his hand in her general direction, "You're the hottest thirty seven going on thirty eight mom I know !!"
"True that,"Ganga said," I have boys at school ask about my hot Mom…"
"And Anu did think you were our sister," Krishna added.
"What, have you three lost it?"she asked, Bani asked in surprise, "That man does not know a woman from a paper clipper!"
"You'd be surprised," Atharva said in that know it all look.
"Okay,you officially have zero knowledge about women," Bani said.
"I agree,'Krishna said.
"But I am hot," Bani said,drawing laughter from everyone including herself.
"You'll do great ma," Atharva said.
"Thanks,"she patted his hand across the table.

She was in the office by seven the next day, having left home really early as she had to pick up the illustration cards from the guy she had gotten to paint the pictures she had seen in her mind's eye.She had stowed them away so Grumpypants would think she was going to be hung out to dry.
As though he knew she was thinking about him,he tapped on her door, "Wow, nice and early I see."
"I know,"she said,stifling a yawn, "Hope you have a wonderful day today."
"I intend to,"he said,tipping his head at her, "Good luck."
She watched him walk away, "Yeah, goodluck."
Gradually the office began to fill up, and soon enough her cronies strolled in.
"Well look who's early," Kunal said, a smile on his cheery face, "So, are we ready for him?"
"More than you know," she said.
"I am so glad to hear that,"Shubra said coming into the office, "Because its almost nine and they should be arriving soon."
"I know,"she said ,"I want you to bring out the cards two minutes into the meeting cos by then he would have had enough time to gloat and I want to smack that smug smile off his face when he sees what I've got."
"You go girl," Shubra said,as this was one of the few times she got to be really informal with her boss.
"I intend to,"she said and at that moment,the phone rang and Jai succinctly told her she needed to be in the Conference room in five minutes and disconnected before she even said a word.
"Oh I am so going to come down to his level,"she said ,her irritation rising, "If he wants to act like a teenager I will so show him I raised three of them!"
She headed out her office in a huff as Shubra and Kunal looked after her, amusement dancing in their eyes.
"I would hate to be on her bad side," Shubra said,shaking her head in pity.
"Me and you both," Kunal said.

Forty minutes later, the representatives from Floating Daisy came out with big smiles and enthusiastic handshakes all in Bani's direction. Jai came out, his face grim and a bit upset, but no visible anger. Kunal and Shubra watched from down the hall and gave each other a hi-five.
Bani started towards them with a huge smile on her face,"I totally nailed him!!"
"We can see that," Kunal said ,following into her office and shutting the door behind him,"So..details!"
"Impatient are we?" she said, "Well as always, yours truly actually had a campaign all planned out and had it up when the representatives came in. I let him go first cos I wanted to see if it was any good."
"Was it?" Kunal asked.
""If you're into sawdust,"she said with a green in the face look, before continuing, "Well when he was done and I saw the look on their faces so I let him stew a bit before telling them we were just kidding and that I had the real cards. Can you believe it,I got them to change the name of the perfume to Fantasy Island."
"How did you manage that?" Shubra asked.
"Well, first of all the theme was the girl on the island na? Blue skies,wind and earth the works of an island…then I realize that this is as you said all about the fantasy! The bottle is blue so I went with the slogan, "Fantasy Island, where blue is gold"."
'You are amazing!"Shubra said.
'I know,"she said with a goofy smile.
"He must have hit the roof,"Kunal said.
"Words cannot describe,"she said, her own smile getting smug, "I stuck it to him like a nail to a door."
"Good for you,'Shubra said,"I'll go man the desk now."
"Right behind you," Kunal said, "Great work madam."
"Why thank you Kunal, I'm more than flattered," she said taking a sweeping bow, "In two days time we start with the photo shoot castings for the face of Floating Daisy's new line."
"I'll get in touch with our people," Kunal said on his way out.
As soon as they were out the door,she turned and did her victory dance infront of her window.

"Are you kidding me?" Anu said in utter surprise, "Jai mama did that to Bani aunty?"
"Yep, didn't even break a sweat," Krishna said, nodding for emphasis.
"I can't believe it," she was taken aback and astound.
Her Uncle was generally a good man. Strong and dependable with a good heart. What was going on with him? This wasn't going the way she expected.
"What's wrong Anu?" Atharva asked seeing her frown.
"It's not supposed to go this way," she said out loud and immediately stopped.
Krishna and Atharva looked at her, then at eachother, "What isn't supposed to go what way?"
She looked at them and knew that they would dig until they came up with the right answers and giving how relentless they both were, it wouldn't take long.
"I hope you don't get mad at me," she said,looking from one to the other.
"Spill it," Krishna said.
"My grandmother," Anu began, "has been trying to match make my Uncle Jai for years with every kind of woman you can imagine and it has never worked…."she paused when Atharva sat up straight and Krishna just stared wide eyed at her, "Look guys I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be presumptous or to intrude or….oh no…I'm really sorry."
"You're right Anu,"Atharva said, "It was really not your place to make such a decision for our mother that way. It was very wrong."
"I know," she said, looking miserable,"But I was hoping it would all work itself out and no one would come to know…"
"You're saying you left the bulletin on purpose?" Krishna asked in surprise.
She nodded.
"Wow, you really are calculating," Krishna said, "Remind me to call you when I need to get out of a scrape."
She laughed at that, but looked at Atharva, "I'm really sorry."
"No, its ok,"he said slowly, "I guess I can understand why you would want to do that."
"Really?" Krishna asked, squinting at him from the glare of the sun.
"Yes, I do," he said, "And for some reason I think I kind of like the idea that you would think my Mom good enough for your Uncle."
"Really?" Anu asked, a tad skeptical.
"Mmmhhmm,"he said,stretching lazily on the grass beneath the tree they were sitting under on campus, "I mean he is not exactly going to marry a woman who hasn't lived. I have never met the guy but I think he's the kind who would love an old soul. Someone with a little more depth. And that's my Mum."
"You're considering this?" Krishna said.
"Why not?" Anu pipped in,"My Uncle is a great catch!"
"I know, but he is at my mother's throat," Krishna said.
"Well from the looks of it it's nothing she can't handle," Anu said.
"She hates to lose,"Atharva said, "How did you think to get them together?"
"I hadn't got that far," Anu admitted, "Everything just kinda spiraled out of control."
"Well, we can always think of something," he said reasonably, "There's three of us, and two of them. We can come up with something."
"Great!" Anu said enthusiaitically, "So you're not mad?"
Atharva looked at Krishna, "Are we?"
She looked from one to the other, and shook her head slowly.
"Then we have an accord," Atharva said,relaxing again.
Anu smiled and thanked her lucky stars. It would all be alright now that they were with her.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. 😳 😳 😳 Edited by *Piku* - 16 years ago
kitkat_2002 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
amazin...............
really grt..
waitin for ur next part..
momtajbegum1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey
both parts were brilliant
so now the kids are in the plan 😆 lets see what they come up with to get jai and bani together 😳
looks like Jai has met his match 😆 😆 😆Bani really is something 😉

Taj