Prince Charles reveals:loves the Potters

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sumera siddiqui

Goldie

sumera siddiqui

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Julie Walters receives CBE as Charles reveals he loves the Harry Potter films

Julie Walters has described her excitement at being made a CBE as she revealed the Prince of Wales is a Harry Potter fan. The award-winning star famed for her parts on stage, screen and television said Charles told her he "loved" the movies featuring the boy wizard. Walters, who received the honour for services to drama from the Prince at Buckingham Palace, plays Ron Weasley's mother in the popular Potter films.

The actress was made an OBE in 1999 and summing up her career over the last decade said: "It's been a very good ten years in terms of Baftas.

Julie Walters and Prince Charles

Julie Walters receives a CBE today at Buckingham Palace from Prince Charles who 'loves' the Harry Potter films in which the actress plays Molly Weasley

"I got one in 1983 then never got anything then suddenly in the noughties I went and got five. "The Prince said he loved the Potters and said what great films they were and what great fun they were.

"Then I told him I'm writing my memoirs at the moment and he said 'oh you must have the editors constantly on' and I said yes I know, 'constantly saying have you got it done, how much more have you written' - so he really got into that one."

Julie Walters and husband Grant Roffey

Julie and husband Grant Roffey at Buckingham Palace today

Walters made her name in 1983 starring opposite Michael Caine in the film Educating Rita, which landed her an Oscar nomination. Another nomination followed in 2001 for her role as the dance teacher in hit film Billy Elliot. Her TV characters include Mrs Overall in spoof soap Acorn Antiques, one of several collaborations with comedienne and writer Victoria Wood.

Other credits have included Alan Bleasdale's Boys From The Blackstuff (1982) and Calendar Girls (2003).

-------------------------------------

Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson on "Entertainment Weekly" 30 Under 30 Lists

Entertainment Weekly has a new feature online, highlighting the hottest 30 actors and actresses under 30. Actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) made the list, as did Emma Watson (Hermione Granger). On choosing Dan the magazine says:

"He's utterly charming and managed to do the growing up thing with grace, even with a skin-baring role in a West End production of Equus. Plus, he's got a teeny tiny fan base, seeing as how the Potter blockbusters have grossed nearly $4.5 billion (movie's biggest franchise ever!) around the world. WHAT'S NEXT World domination! No, really, Radcliffe's got the last two Potter flicks Half-Blood Prince is set for release in November, and Deathly Hallows in 2010. Broadway, too, will see his Equus in 2008."

Noting that this year Emma Watson will be part of the animated short The Tale of Despereaux as well as the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince due out this fall, the magazine states: "WHY HER Because she's matured from a precocious pre-adolescent to a confident young actress, right in front of her eyes. And she's done it without ever appearing in the tabloid pages."

-------------------------------

Edited by sumera siddiqui - 29 February 2008 at 12:27pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prince Charles reveals:loves the Potters" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sumera siddiqui

Goldie

sumera siddiqui

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Well done for Julie, I am a big fan myself. A very entertaining and charming and funny lady.

sumera siddiqui

Goldie

sumera siddiqui

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
I feel bad for Rupert, being a sidekick in both the harry potter world and in reality Ouch
congo to Dan n Emma though Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top