Punjabi Channel

DOTW - Inappropriate Song Lyrics/Video???

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

I heard about this song by Geeta Zaildar, and apparently a tv show in Canada discussed that this song had inappropriate lyrics and video representing our culture. What do you people think???

(Mainly what the singer says after 1 min 40 seconds)...do u think such songs should be changed and such?...thought i'd share Smile

*Viewbie's Note*

Edited to make it a sticky as well as to put the youtube video in the post itselfEmbarrassed

Edited by JK_5 - 28 February 2008 at 5:37pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Inappropriate Song Lyrics/Video???" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TheRowdiest

IF-Sizzlerz

TheRowdiest

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 4:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jazzzy

I heard about this song by Geeta Zaildar, and apparently a tv show in Canada discussed that this song had inappropriate lyrics and video representing our culture. What do you people think???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-u0tO8Vlm0

(Mainly what the singer says after 1 min 40 seconds)...do u think such songs should be changed and such?...thought i'd share Smile

this is the most rediculous vid i have watched showing punjabi culture....girl is in suit and playing a punjabi girlConfused...whats the hell these lyricist , singer and vid director thinks of themself....suit pawa ke , pind dikha ke vid appropriate te cultural ban jaugaConfused.......

lok babbu maan nu bura kehnde ne for his one night stand atleast he didnt show indian girls in the vid and not based on punjabi culture.....and what geeta jaildaar is talking abt  here....."one night stand" directly and without using this word with punjabi culture huhAngry....pethetic

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
hey thanx JK for makin this topic sticky

Edited by Jazzzy - 28 February 2008 at 6:45pm

AnotherMiracle

IF-Dazzler

AnotherMiracle

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Omg....i hadn't seen this before
Seriously the singers need to think before they make such videos...they need to consider what is appropriate and what is not....Showing such things and portraying Punjab i culture in such a negatvie light......cum on seriously!

*lucky_karen*

Goldie

*lucky_karen*

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
OMG!...srsly this is soooo pathetic n lame...atleast babu mann sang it right out in the open LOL ..but jokes apart this stuff is relli bad..especially cuz the youngest of kids are listening to pun songs n u have to think how these things influence kids..but srsly u shouldnt have to censor punjabi music vids too now.. Angry

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
hi oh rabba! what kind of video is this how stupid! i deff agree with Rajeev Ki Heer

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rajeev Ki Heer

Originally posted by Jazzzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-u0tO8Vlm0

this is the most rediculous vid i have watched showing punjabi culture....girl is in suit and playing a punjabi girlConfused...whats the hell these lyricist , singer and vid director thinks of themself....suit pawa ke , pind dikha ke vid appropriate te cultural ban jaugaConfused.......

lok babbu maan nu bura kehnde ne for his one night stand atleast he didnt show indian girls in the vid and not based on punjabi culture.....and what geeta jaildaar is talking abt  here....."one night stand" directly and without using this word with punjabi culture huhAngry....pethetic

true and babbu mann actually sang in hindi too not in punjabi Smile, and plus he was straightforward LOL

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 11:44am | IP Logged
its kinda funny n ya dis really is a inappropriate Song i mean cmon wot r they tryna show ? well actually i no all this been happenin in punjab butt they dun have to show it like diss !! Confused Confused

Post Reply New Post

Go to top