Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

euro_pakigal

Goldie

euro_pakigal

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 10:02am | IP Logged
amreen wanna let u know if u cud call arjun rampal on our face to face show plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cud ya?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "face to face request." in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Arjun Rampal!?!?!

Yaar, face to face is only for Pakistani actors and singers.

Rest I will leave it to Amreen. As she wishes.

euro_pakigal

Goldie

euro_pakigal

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 10:30am | IP Logged
oh only pakistani?if u cant get arjun the how abt tariq khan from legacy or sk1 its upto u amreen

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 10:33am | IP Logged
who are Tariq Khan and sk1?

euro_pakigal

Goldie

euro_pakigal

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 10:39am | IP Logged
here sk1
www.sk1online.co.uk visit dis u'll find out

euro_pakigal

Goldie

euro_pakigal

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 11:04am | IP Logged
BTW wwot do u guys think think of my avi

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 11:04am | IP Logged
its not working Ouch

euro_pakigal

Goldie

euro_pakigal

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 11:10am | IP Logged

Tariq Khan's
Exclusive Interview

Tariq Khan is the man that represents the vocal talents of Legacy. It's been a while since we interviewed Legacy (click here to view) and since then they have grown from strength to strength and are now an internationally established band. Tariq caught up with Parveen, with some help from Irfan with the questions, to talk about his brand new album Nachdi Sohni.

Parveen: Since your last album Dal Sanghi is no longer part of Legacy. Tell us more about the new band that represents Legacy?

Tariq Khan: Legacy consists of myself and my live band who accompanies me on the live concerts, mela's and shows. Dal was part of the live set up accompanying me on live shows, fortunately for him he gained promotion in his day job and has become increasingly busy with his career and is unable to accommodate the busy touring schedule we have. We have a heavily booked schedule and can be away on tour for months worldwide.

Parveen: You've got your own fashion designer who designs all your clothes for you. Tell us more about him! What is the benefit of this?

Tariq Khan: What makes you think it's a him!!!! I have my own personal fashion designer/ stylist who I sit with and decide what type of outfits I want designing for performances and videos. I am a bit of a shopaholic and enjoy shopping for clothes and when I purchase something I always go home and have it redesigned by my designer for my taste. I like unique clothes and I'm not too fussy about brands. I like to create my own individual style. I receive many emails on my clothes and who knows maybe I might start up my own clothing label as you can't buy what I wear after I have put the legacy touch in it.

Parveen: Will you ever sing songs in Hindi or Urdu?

Tariq Khan: I started my music career with singing Hindi / Urdu remixes and released my first Hindi remix album " Sugar n Spice" with the smash hit track "O Meray Dil Ke Chain" which was a huge hit worldwide I went on to receiving a gold disc for the album. Singing in Hindi / Urdu is my first love and will inshallah release a Hindi album soon.

Parveen: How has fame changed you?

Tariq Khan: No not at all, I am still the same person I was five years ago. I am very down to earth person and have my feet firmly on the ground. I guess the hardest thing about being famous is you can't go to your local supermarket as freely as you want without fans following you and checking the content of your trolley!

Tariq Khan

Parveen: If you could do a duet with any female vocalist in the world whom you do it with?

Tariq Khan: In Hindi vocalists firstly it would be the one and only Latta Ji she is awesome and her vocals are to die for! Secondly it would be Asha Ji and thirdly Alka Yagnik. For English vocalist then it would be Cellion Deon, Toni Braxton.

Parveen: I'm not making this up but we've had loads of your fans emailing us asking us when we will do your interview and they are a persistent a lot. How does that you make feel?

Tariq Khan: It makes me feel like king of the jungle! On a serious note I am chuffed and really luv my fans and all my albums are for them. Without my fans I am nothing. I'd like to thank them all so much everything I do is for my fans. Luv you all heaps.

Parveen: Why is it that you never give autographs or meet your fans after your concerts and at melas?

Tariq Khan: I am really surprised at this question I always make time for my fans and always sign autographs and meet my fans after shows. I don't know where you got this from. I give heaps of my tavetree's away on stage and always have time for my fans. If ever I have not met fans after shows or signed any autographs could be due to the show's promoters, organisers who might not allow us to meet fans after the shows or we may have a tight schedule and are due else where. My fans are very important to me and I would never want to disappointment them and would not deliberately meet them without a valid reason.

Tariq Khan

Parveen: I think it's fair to say that you have had more success internationally that you have in the UK. Would you agree? If so why do you think this is?

Tariq Khan: As far as I am aware I have achieved success both UK and Internationally. The reason why you feel I have received far more success internationally is because I am always touring globally and unfortunately get booked early for shows worldwide which leave no dates for UK Shows. I will be here in the UK performing at most UK mela's up and down the country this summer.

Parveen: You have performed with Bollywood stars and renowned Pakistani artists how does it feel to be in the same row as them?

Tariq Khan: It's great to perform at prestigious shows I enjoy the buzz and drama that comes with the

Bollywood shows. I was extremely honoured to be asked to perform at the Indian National Telly Awards and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I have a number of high profile shows coming up in the future. For further info on dates and tours log on to website www.Legacymusicuk.com.

Parveen: Have you ever considered singing songs for a Bollywood film? Is this likely to happen in the future?

Tariq Khan: I would love to sing in a Bollywood film and most recently I was in India filming my video "SOHNIYE" and was introduced to some influential Bollywood big dogs who are the movers and shakers of the industry and all I can tell destunes4u is watch this space…

Parveen: You were part of the Indo-Pak peace tour of North America with Sukhbir (click here to view pictures). Tell us a bit more about this?

Tariq Khan: I was honoured to be part of the first ever Indo / Pak peace tour to be promoting a worthy cause was awesome. We toured all over the USA covering 14 states such as New York, New Jersey, Miami, Orlando, San Francisco etc. It was a great experience the weather was bliss. Other artist such as Sukhbir, Shazad Roy and RDB were great to perform with. The fusion between all the artists was an excellent Idea to promote peace through music. Every artist has their own individuality, style and music that he/ she bought to this peace tour.

Parveen: Tell us how you received an Invitation to INDIAN TELLY AWARDS in MUMBAI in November 2004, which millions saw on Sony TV on November 28th 2004? Tell us more about your performance?

Tariq Khan: I received a call from the organisers of the National Telly awards asking if I was available to perform at the awards ceremony they had seen my past performances and were impressed by my stage presence and wanted me to sing a track from my forthcoming album ''NACHDI SOHNI.'' Luckily enough I was available for the date. I flew out one day before the award ceremony had rehearsals as soon I landed in Mumbai and then next day was more rehearsals and the ceremony was in the evening. It was a fab experience.

Tariq Khan live in Mumbai at Sony TV Awards 2004

Parveen: What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you while on tour?

Tariq Khan: Where do I begin, there have been many incidents that have been funny when we look back at them but at the time trust me they never seem so funny. A month a go we had a concert in USA and we had a connecting flight in France and had three hours to browse around in duty free me being a sunglasses junkie was in heaven trying on as many as I could and totally lost track of time and missed the connecting flight but we were lucky enough to get another flight in 2 hours and managed to be on time. Ps I did buy some cool black VERSACE shades, which you will see, in my new video SOHNIYE.

Parveen: While touring which country would you say has given you the most love?

Tariq Khan: Every country has been great wherever I have toured. Everyone is so good and really make you feel at home and will accommodate all your needs. A big respect to all the promoters and fans who have welcomed us in there countries globally.

Parveen: You have re-sung a few classics in Sone Di Tavitree, Sodha Ekho Jaye and Gur Nal Ishq Mitha. What makes you want to do cover versions or remixes of such tracks?

Tariq Khan: Sone Di Tavitree and Sodha Ekho Jaye are my all time favourite songs and I wanted to re mix the songs in my own legacy style, which appealed to both the young and old. Gur Nal ishq is another track which is in a league of its own and when I was approached to sing the track I was more than happy to, as I have grown up listening to that song. The track Gur Nal Ishq Mitha was just as huge as Teray Sadqay.

Tariq Khan - Nachdi Sohni

Parveen: Your new album has been very much delayed but has finally been released. What were the reasons for this lengthy delay?

Tariq Khan: The reason why the album has been delayed is due to two reasons, firstly since the release of my third super hit album "Teray Sadqay" which was a smash hit I was inundated with bookings worldwide and had to reschedule all my dates. As the days passed I got busier and busier with a very heavy touring schedule, Interviews, TV Media appearances worldwide, which took up so much time. Secondly my father passed away and I took some personal time out for my family and myself.

Parveen: You've got the music man Sukshinder Shinda doing the production for your new album, NACHDI SOHNI how does it feel to work with such a reputable producer? How highly do you rate him?

Tariq Khan: Shinda Paa Ji is the king of Bhangra productions his work is fantastic and always delivers hit after hit. He is a very talented music producer and is one of the most respected producers in the bhangra Industry. Working with him has been great because he is a good friend and a fantastic colleague. We have an excellent rapport and while recording Shinda Paa Ji is very professional. We never allow our friendship to get in the way of a creative decision. He is in a league of his own.

Parveen: After the success of your last album Teray Sadqay there is a lot of pressure for you to deliver again. How does this album compare to your last one in terms of quality?

Tariq Khan: If you deliver a hit album in the past then your automatically under more pressure to deliver a bigger and better product as your listeners / fans have greater expectations. I never compromise with my music and put in more than 100% in all my tracks as I respect all my fans and will only give them the best, as they deserve it. In terms of quality "NACHDI SOHNI" is in a league of its own the album has me experimenting with different music genre and I'm sure everyone out there will like the album. So far the vibe has been great and positive on the live circuit when I have performed promos of the album, which is out now.

Parveen: The UK scene is more urbanised than ever, will this be reflected in your new album or you sticking to the desi roots of bhangra?

Tariq Khan: The album is a mixture of RnB, dance, hip-hop, and of course desi beats fused with traditional Punjabi vocals and the legacy distinctive style. This album introduces a new fresh sounds with the combination of fast, mellow and romantic tracks. To be honest with you I really don't follow trends and create something, which is satisfying to me something straight from the heart, regardless of what trend is in.

Parveen: Amazingly you've managed to shoot four videos for the new album! Tell us more about the concept behind each of these videos?

Tariq Khan: All the videos are very different from one another and each has their own theme. The main track Soniye was filmed in India on film as I did not want to compromise on quality I wanted a very bright rich look to the video and wanted to film in a exotic location with blue sky white sandy beaches and after doing my research with my video producer we decided to film in kerala and use the beach and back waters with the house boats. The other

Soniye Video

two videos have been filmed in Pakistan for the track "Sadqa" we filmed a very traditional village video fused with lots of dancing and the third song "Nachdi Sohni" is based on a mehndi theme. The fourth video is "EYES 2 EYES" was filmed in San Francisco and it's a look video.

Parveen: What else have you got lined up in the near future that we should know about?

Tariq Khan: On release of the album I will be busy with TV, press, media interviews worldwide. I have a busy touring schedule lined up worldwide and some great projects that I am currently working on which I will let you know about soon.

Parveen: Any final words for your fans around the globe?

Tariq Khan: Thank you so much in supporting me through out my career. All my albums are for you and everything I do is for you my fans…a big up to you all and please don't forget to check out my new album NACHDI SOHNI.

Lastly I would like to thank Irfan from destunes4u.com for making this interview possible. Respect to you and keep up the great work on destunes4u.com.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top