Debate Mansion

Inter cultural marriages - will work? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Gauridi that was too hilarious LOL

Its about 2 people understanding each other.. Yes, culture does play an important role in this too.. In my family too, there had been many inter cultural marriages and they all are living happily.. Yes, in the initial stages it was difficult for the girls to get adjusted in a different culture.. But they did.. When you want to get adjusted, you can and when you dont want, then you will never!!! Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Inter cultural marriages - will work? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 9:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 9:12am | IP Logged

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by Anuradha

Its about 2 people understanding each other.. Yes, culture does play an important role in this too.. In my family too, there had been many inter cultural marriages and they all are living happily.. Yes, in the initial stages it was difficult for the girls to get adjusted in a different culture.. But they did.. When you want to get adjusted, you can and when you dont want, then you will never!!! Smile

hmmmmm....anu, only the girls adjusted?  reminds me of something saira (anon) had in her post....u validated her pov there.Smile

Yup... But unfortunately Di, here only girls get adjusted... Leave out the couples staying alone, but if its a joint family, then the girl definitely is forced to follow the culture of men...

I have seen it in many cases, in my family too.. My aunt is a North indian and followed punjabi culture... She is now forced to adopt to South Indian culture.. Why didnt my uncle change the culture followed?? Because my grand mother stays along with them and she wanted her to change...

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 10:21am | IP Logged

itsybitsy

itsybitsy

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 10:25am | IP Logged
It works if the two people are mature enough to handle the differences, but that goes for any marriage inter-cultural or not.

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 10:45am | IP Logged

hmmmmm....anu, only the girls adjusted?  reminds me of something saira (anon) had in her post....u validated her pov there.Smile

Yup... But unfortunately Di, here only girls get adjusted... Leave out the couples staying alone, but if its a joint family, then the girl definitely is forced to follow the culture of men...

I have seen it in many cases, in my family too.. My aunt is a North indian and followed punjabi culture... She is now forced to adopt to South Indian culture.. Why didnt my uncle change the culture followed?? Because my grand mother stays along with them and she wanted her to change...

thanks for the insight anu.  yeah, i agree.  girls are expected to adjust a lot more than guys as they r the ones leaving their families behind and coming in to new family.  it'd have been great though if they followed both cultures...lot more celebrations and happy moments to share that waySmile 

sahana had said somewhere how the bahu brings in fresh ideas with fresh blood (the new generation she gives birth to) in to the in-laws family.  how come then the kids she gives birth to r welcomed and gladly accepted but the ideas/culture is, at times, shunned? but that wld be another debate.

oh well, whatever works yaar.  thanks for sharing ur views dollSmile

Right!! And women though are said to be free, are still bonded by many such chains in our society...

Anyways, coming back to the topic - i just have a doubt Embarrassed Which one do we call as Mother tongue? Is it the language spoken by the father or the mother?? LOL

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top