Debate Mansion

Inter cultural marriages - will work? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Totally aware of different aspect regarding marraiges debated here. Bring in insight on marraiges the occur accross cultures including gilrs/boys born bought up in Western culture married to someone from core ethinic culture.

Consider...

- Typical Indian / Pakistani/Begali married ot gal born and bought in US

- African American married to Chinese

- Indian/Pakistani gal married to American/UK born guy

Have met many couples, guy from us/uk marrying gal from India/Pakistan, vice sa versa, infact the best couple who are perfect match, I know, are from bride=Japan, Guy from India. Now seeing the ratio, have seen most of such marraiges fail, even if they are love...there are several issues that come in way in this kinna of marriages. One of major issue is understanding each other day to day communication lingo, then complexes etc etc

Do you think marraiges where in spouses belong to different cultural upbringing and back ground work ? keeping in mind both spouses have average for compromising nature. 

Can it? yes it can.. Does it? Just sometimes... Cultural differences have more compromises then even inter-religous marriages.. atleast we share somethings there.. but cross-cultural... is veri veri wierd...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Inter cultural marriages - will work? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Dabulls23

ROFL

Lesson Learned Miss Gauri ji Wink ROFL ROFL

How do u think some of us rocked (Survived) our marriages for almost 34 yrs Wink LOL

LOL - petsy what u have hounds of baskerville for pets?...LOL

You got it Qwertoo . Pets keep me sane dear Wink LOL

GD

VJ has already used his two chances. Now 3rd strike and he is out Ouch LOL 

On a Serious note We have inter caste, culture marriages on both sides and not a single divorce yet.  One couple is on the way of making golden anniversary Embarrassed.  So it is upto the two involved they can make it or break it IMHO.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 28 February 2008 at 11:28pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 10:00pm | IP Logged

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 11:34am | IP Logged

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 29 February 2008 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Thanks for responses here...read views..there is something to add, kinna of stuck...will respond when I get a chance..again some very nice views...specially about that there are unique problems in this kind arrangement.

Edited by raj5000 - 29 February 2008 at 8:14pm

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by Dabulls23

ROFL

Lesson Learned Miss Gauri ji Wink ROFL ROFL

How do u think some of us rocked (Survived) our marriages for almost 34 yrs Wink LOL

LOLLOL i know di.  jeeju was out of his two turns by the time first month ended.  bhagwaan janey baakee 34 yrs kaisey nikaley hain unhoneyWinkLOLLOL  mines crossed 15yrs this past decemberTongue 

jokes apart, i feel inter-cultural marriages do bring their own unique issues with them.  at the end of the day, it depends on the couple - what works best for them - but these marriages are not easy on the rest of the family.  that may complicate things more down the road.....strictly speaking from indian pov. 

i, personally, like to communicate in my mother tongue at home.  for me, it's very hard to imagine sharing my life with someone who doesn't know my language and understands my culture from an "outsider looking in" perspective.  they may have an over-all understanding but, at times, they may miss those nuances that all cultures have with in them.  don't know...i'm just blabbering now.  i think whatever works for folks!!! 

Yeah, but you are missing out on the cute, accented attempts at Hindi WinkLOL 

The key to an inter-cultural marriage is the willingness to cut some slack when the significant other commits a cultural faux pas, and also to assimilate when the need arises. Respect for each other's culture is extremely essential, too. Love takes care of the rest Big smileLOL

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 01 March 2008 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

[

The key to an inter-cultural marriage is the willingness to cut some slack when the significant other commits a cultural faux pas, and also to assimilate when the need arises. Respect for each other's culture is extremely essential, too. Love takes care of the rest Big smileLOL

You said it well.Clap I agree with you, especially the last

Edited by nitasuni - 01 March 2008 at 4:32am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top