lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Finally something more on Shahid in press...

It seems Kareena is taking all the limelight and the reason of success for JAB WE MET on herself...she think maybe film is hit becasue of her and poor Shahid to got her the film is lying low....she got all the money-new boyfriend-great brans deals etc and Shahid did not get much after JWM....I think he need to get the same PR agent as KAreena to put him onthe newspaper just for combing his hair too....πŸ˜‰ 

But here is the new interview for Shahid....

Otherwise reticent and shy, Shahid Kapur gets candid about ex-flame Kareena Kapoor, new interest Sania Mirza, his new look and his work

He has tasted huge success with Jab We Met and has also been in the news for his link-ups post his break-up with Kareena Kapoor. There has been much speculation about his relationship with Sania Mirza in particular. We caught up with Shahid Kapur in a candid mood.

Gosh! Your hair has grown so long...

It's for a film which I am doing for Ken Ghosh. I'm playing a dancer in Ken's film and he has a particular look for me in mind. I'm also working out extensively on my body and following a rigorous diet regime because I need to look much slimmer and leaner in his film. It's not for anybody who wants to go out with me for dinner.

But a few specials ones will be more than willing to come for a dinner date with you...

I knew you would say that (laughs)

You were in Bangkok recently...

Yes. I went there for a friend's house-warming ceremony.

Sania Mirza was in Bangkok too. Isn't it true that you met her there?

Yes, I met Sania in Bangkok recently, but there's nothing to elaborate on that.

Hmm... You know what, people feel for you, they have started loving you more after your break-up with Kareena. Contrary to this, she is being looked upon as the villain-of-the-piece...

One should not take sides and colour things with their own opinions. Whatever happened, happened between two people and it's over between the two of them. I have good wishes and feelings for Kareena and I'm happy for her.

Newspapers are full of news about Bebo painting the town red with Saif. How do you take this every morning?

One has to look at things practically. I'm in a profession where everything one does is scrutinised and talked about. I can't let it affect me. I read newspapers like any other normal reader who doesn't get affected by what is written. I have enough work to keep me busy in life.

Vidya Balan, Amrita Rao, Sania Mirza... You are the most eligible bachelor in town. How are you handling these multiple link- ups?
You have to get used to reading these kind of stories. Some are true, some are not. I don't feel the need to clarify any further (pauses).

Please continue...

My personal life has been dissected to a great extent, and trust me, it has been taxing. Too much has been said about my life. The way things have gone in the past few months, I have decided not to talk about anything at all. It is never going to stop regardless of what I do…

You didn't get any award this year… Don't you think you deserved one for Jab We Met?

My life doesn't revolve around awards, nor does my mind work in that direction. One cannot decide for self, there is a jury and a panel to decide that. If I do get an award, it's like a pat on my back. But I'm satisfied with people's response and the way I am looked at now. Being nominated itself is an achievement especially when you're pitched against stalwarts like Mr. Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan in the same category.

There was a buzz that your mom (Neelima Azim) wants to direct a film with you.

It is too sensitive an issue for me to talk in the press.

Will you watch Tashan (where Shahid's ex, Kareena pairs up with her current flame Saif Ali Khan)?

I am a film buff. If it's a good film, I'll definitely watch it.

Without asking you how old you will turn on February 25, how do you plan to celebrate the day?

(Smiles) It may sound boring to you but I'm working on the 25th. Maybe, I'll go out for dinner in the evening with my family.

Working on your birthday?

Has the success of Jab We Met brought along additional responsibilities...
A lot has changed in life after Vivah and Jab We Met. Life has jumped to a new level. It's not just about work in hand but it has also given me a lot more space to do what I want. I am doing selective work, which I'm very happy about. There was a phase where I was almost lost without much work.

You have signed a two-film deal with Yash Raj Films...

Who wouldn't want to do a YRF film? It's on every actor's wish list and I'm very excited about it.

What else is in your kitty?

I am doing Vishal Bharadwaj's next. Vishal is the finest director and knows how to extract fine performances. This is a precious project for me. I have Ken Ghosh's film, which is a complete dance film wherein I'll be choreographed by special dancers flown in from abroad. I'm looking forward to this one for a long time. Towards the end of this year, I'll be rolling with my dad's (Pankaj Kapur) film which is again special for me for obvious reasons; I'll be trying out different looks in his film.

Ken Ghosh's film is a remake of Kumar Gaurav 1983 starrer, Star.

I have heard about this, but that's not true.

Have you seen Star?

No.

β€’ Aren't you curious about it?
Not at all. Ken has been working on the script for many months now. It's his original idea and I am sure about that. So why should I check it out? I have got used to rumours doing the rounds. (Smiles)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Vidya Balan, Amrita Rao, Sania Mirza... You are the most eligible bachelor in town. How are you handling these multiple link- ups?
You have to get used to reading these kind of stories. Some are true, some are not. I don't feel the need to clarify any further (pauses).

Ohk Now........Some are true???????? Ahem !! What do you exactly mean Shahid? Which one is true? Amrita,Vidya or Sania??πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by togepe30 - 16 years ago
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: togepe30

Ohk Now........Some are true???????? Ahem !! What do you exactly mean Shahid? Which one is true? Amrita,Vidya or Sania??πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

In another article it is said that he met with Sania in Bangkok.

He was there for some house warming party and met Sania. HE said he went for dinner and hold your breath guys...he did not deny that he is not with Sania......(go read at hindustan times)

WOW thats great.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: lovanika

In another article it is said that he met with Sania in Bangkok.

He was there for some house warming party and met Sania. HE said he went for dinner and hold your breath guys...he did not deny that he is not with Sania......(go read at hindustan times)

WOW thats great.

Which means there is nuthing thereπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.........I dont want him with Sania of all the people......especialy since i have started liking him tooooo much after jab we met n post kareenaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Noooooo......not sania.....ok im getting hysterical nowπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....I hope he is dating anyone except Vidya(cuz she looks and actually is older......but i dont like the pair,more cuz she looks olderπŸ˜†) and Sania(cuz i dont like her)

But my opinion hardly matters*sigh*πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Who cares??? Can't stand this guy! Wierdo
thx 4 the artilce wish him all the best 4 his films