Members Lounge

True stories in history in false ways!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

BiggBoss420

IF-Addictz

BiggBoss420

Posted: 24 February 2008 at 5:27pm | IP Logged

Hi friends,

I don't know if its the right section to post this, but this is something I found very interessting, it's a kind of article with proofs....

Check this.... Note: it's not me who wrote it this below, but I found it somewhere, I thought of sharing it and see ur comments on this....

Love stories

I have always been amused by the way our media functions. At times it infuriates me to see how ill-informed it is. Last night I saw a special report on Mughal-e-azam and Taj Mahal being the two Indian movies to be screened in Pakistan after nearly a gap of 41 years. Being a die hard Mughal-e-Azam fan it just makes me sick to see the way the report was presented.

The media seemed to know everything about the movies and absolutely nothing about the history of the two. Here is my little attempt at educating the misguided.

1. there is absolutely no evidence of romance between anarkali and salim.

2. yes there is a grave of anarkali in Lahore but she was just a singer in Akbar's court and not a dancer. The love story was a work of fiction.

3. For all the possibilities anarkali could well be the age of salim's mother.

4. History does not have any mention of queen Jodha. Yes akbar did have a hindu wife but nobody has a clue as to what her real name was.

5. A writer in Lahore had scripted Salim-Anarkali while passing through the grave imagining a passionate love story.

6. The story was staged as a play in Lahore which turned out to be the one of the most successful plays. K Asif too was an audience member of the play and he went on to use the script to make the well known epic Mughal-e-Azam. The movie struck such a chord that the fiction turned to fact.

7. For god's sake Shah Jehan did not chop off the hands of the workers who built the Taj Mahal.

8. He had a written contract with them that they would not ever create anything again and in compensation they would be given a life long pension. Hence whenever they were asked why don't they work, they would simply say that Shah Jehan has chopped away our hands. It was just a figure of speech. (You see multi tasking was not a common concept then.)

Oh and just for the sake of some additional information, there are quite a few innocent souls who believe that Devdas really was  a man who existed. Well sorry to disappoint you kids but Devdas too was a pure work of fiction.

Link:

Edited by farislove - 24 February 2008 at 5:39pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "True stories in history in false ways!!!!" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top