Joined: 26 April 2006
I don't know if its the right section to post this, but this is something I found very interessting, it's a kind of article with proofs....
Check this.... Note: it's not me who wrote it this below, but I found it somewhere, I thought of sharing it and see ur comments on this....
I have always been amused by the way our media functions. At times it infuriates me to see how ill-informed it is. Last night I saw a special report on Mughal-e-azam and Taj Mahal being the two Indian movies to be screened in Pakistan after nearly a gap of 41 years. Being a die hard Mughal-e-Azam fan it just makes me sick to see the way the report was presented.
The media seemed to know everything about the movies and absolutely nothing about the history of the two. Here is my little attempt at educating the misguided.
1. there is absolutely no evidence of romance between anarkali and salim.
2. yes there is a grave of anarkali in Lahore but she was just a singer in Akbar's court and not a dancer. The love story was a work of fiction.
3. For all the possibilities anarkali could well be the age of salim's mother.
4. History does not have any mention of queen Jodha. Yes akbar did have a hindu wife but nobody has a clue as to what her real name was.
5. A writer in Lahore had scripted Salim-Anarkali while passing through the grave imagining a passionate love story.
6. The story was staged as a play in Lahore which turned out to be the one of the most successful plays. K Asif too was an audience member of the play and he went on to use the script to make the well known epic Mughal-e-Azam. The movie struck such a chord that the fiction turned to fact.
7. For god's sake Shah Jehan did not chop off the hands of the workers who built the Taj Mahal.
8. He had a written contract with them that they would not ever create anything again and in compensation they would be given a life long pension. Hence whenever they were asked why don't they work, they would simply say that Shah Jehan has chopped away our hands. It was just a figure of speech. (You see multi tasking was not a common concept then.)
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|*~!True or False game!~*||Savvy||1223||22658||01 January 2010 at 3:58am
|10 ways to annoy a telemarketer||Jess.||24||2105||12 May 2009 at 9:55pm
|36 ways to identify an Indian||canada87||9||589||10 April 2009 at 10:58pm
|~Rumours False-Ash is Okay!~||yourmombiatch||16||1179||28 May 2006 at 1:31am
|false stment of srk appearence plz read||queenbee4eva||9||646||04 April 2005 at 3:42am