**Kya** Aap* Paanchvi* Pass Se Tez Hain* - Page 4

Posted: 16 years ago
Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai?

School kids will have lot of fun, but will also practice moral restraint when they see their elders restoring to cheating on Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai?. It's a television game show featuring Shah Rukh Khan and is based on the international Mark Burnett format Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader' in which grade-school level questions are put to adults. But here, the adults are not to be blamed; the format allows them to cheat without fear.

The Rules of the Game

Each game is played by an individual contestant, who is presented with the chance to win up to Rupees 5 Crore by answering questions taken from the syllabus of a fifth grade level or lower. The contestant is presented with 10 subject cards, which he may answer in the order of his choice. Each correct answer moves the contestant higher up the ladder of money values. If a contestant answers all 10 questions correctly, he is given the chance to answer an 11th question which on answering correctly will get him Rupees 5 Crore.

The Money Tree

Each time a question is answered, the contestant must 'confirm' the answer by saying it out loud. As each new question is read, the contestant is given the option to drop out with the amount of money currently in his bank. If the contestant chooses to answer the question, but gives the wrong answer, he walks away with nothing (during questions 1-5) or with Rs. 200000 (question 6 or later).

The above mechanism varies on the 11th question, if the contestant should reach it. The 11th question is drawn from a separate pool of five fifth-grade questions. However, unlike previous questions, the contestant must commit to answering or walking away, based on subject aloneβ€”he will not be allowed to hear the question before making his decision.

Cheating is fun

The contestant is also provided three cheats to use over the course of the round. All of these cheats involve his classmates, which is a group of children seated on stage who are answering the same questions as the contestant.

Every two questions, a new classmate joins the contestant and becomes his teammate for those two questions. The contestant can use his cheats at any time during the first 10 questions.

The three lifelines

Taank Jhaank: Here, the contestant has the opportunity to review his current teammate's answer before submitting his own.
Nakal: Here, the contestant may opt not to answer the question at all, but rather, let his current teammate answer for him. Unlike the 'copy your classmate' cheat, in this instance, the contestant may not reject his teammate's answer, but is stuck with it.
Bachao: This cheat is triggered automatically if the contestant gives a wrong answer. If the contestant's current partner turns out to have the correct answer, the contestant is then saved.

The only instance in which two cheats can be used on the same question is if the contestant opts for Taank Jhaank, rejects the kid's correct answer, gives a wrong answer himself, and is then saved by the kid. Other than this one scenario, the cheats must necessarily be used individually.

The twist in the game

If the contestant makes it to the 11th and final question, he must tackle that question without help, even if he has not used his cheats.
Upon leaving the game either by quitting, or answering incorrectly, the contestant must profess to the camera, "I'm not smarter than a fifth grader."

While the kids will have fun watching the elders admitting that they are not smarter than a fifth grader; elders will be put to a lot of embarrassment. Finally, kids are going to have good time learning and elders will have to brush up their primary school knowledge. So, stay tuned this summer for Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai? only on Star Plus.

πŸ˜‰
Farah Khan and Shah Rukh Khan began shooting for their respective television shows β€” Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander and Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain β€” at Film City, Mumbai on Sunday.

Both buddies are back on the small screen after a hiatus β€” no wonder they chose the same day!

http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/ent...T_5_groupId=14πŸ˜›
http://www.indya.com/paanchvipass/index.htmlπŸ˜‰
hi there i love srk.n cant wait for this show to start im sure it will rock n be much much better than e US version!btw u r doing a great job n dun worry im sure once e show starts more ppl will start coming to ur FC.
till then take care

zavy πŸ˜›
Smart move - Preity as a mock contestant for KAPPSTH

Shah Rukh Khan has erected a virtual set of Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain, at his residence Mannat. When the production house, Synergy Adlabs wanted mock contestants to play the game with SRK, Preity Zinta surprised them by dropping in at Mannat to participate.

Our sources say, "Shah Rukh erected a replica of the actual set of Paanchvi Paas… which is at Film City, on the second floor of his house for the purpose of rehearsals. Ten days back, Preity Zinta sprang a surprise on everyone by dropping in at Mannat to play as a mock contestant for the show."

SRK seems to be hell bent on getting his act right. Earlier he had invited Farah Khan, Sajid Khan, Karan Johar and Arjun Rampal to play KBC.

Anita Kaul Basu, director of Synergy Adlabs confirms the story and says, "This time it was only Preity who participated and she just dropped in surprising everyone. I don't remember her score but she was very enthusiastic about the game and played rather well."

The replica is equipped with all the software and hardware. The virtual set is all for SRK's convenience because he travels extensively and prefers to rehearse at home whenever possible. Basu adds, "Initially, we started playing the game with people from Synergy itself, but now we are getting mock contestants for the rehearsals."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpa...1413022404d764
Kapps Game is Online Now πŸ˜‰
http://www.indya.com/paanchvipass/game/game.htm

Promo 12

http://www.shahrukhkhan.org/images/s..._Promo_12a.wmv

Promo 13

http://www.shahrukhkhan.org/images/s...S_Promo-13.wmv

http://www.savefile.com/files/1507577

Edited by hrsh - 16 years ago

Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass se tez hain? Classmates revealed last night

MUMBAI: After months of stringent screening and many aptitude tests in Delhi and Mumbai, Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? has hand-picked extremely smart, intelligent and spunky kids to be the classmates on the Paanchvi ki kaksha on the show that is hosted by none other than Shah Rukh Khan. The intelligent batch of classmates includes Shriya Sharma from Palampur, Dheirya Sonecha from Mumbai, Anubhav Motilal from Delhi, Shreeparna Ghoshal from Delhi and Milanjeet Singh Bhatti from Chandigarh.

Premiering on 25 April, 8 pm on Star Plus, Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass se tez hain? is a television game show based on the international Mark Burnett format 'Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?'.

It's a question-based game that challenges adults to remember the lessons that they were taught in elementary school. The game takes on a classroom theme, with host Shah Rukh Khan at the head of the class. Five first to fifth-class students, called classmates, are on hand to help contestants earn high marks and win big money. The atmosphere is relaxed and almost casual, even while the possibility of winning a million dollars hangs in the balance. However, the pressure of going back to school for the participant, keeping their reputation intact and taking help from merely a nine-year-olds isn't going to be that easy.

Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? on Star Plus is played by a single contestant, who attempts to answer questions taken from elementary school textbooks. Each correct answer increases the amount of money the player banks; a maximum cash prize of Rs 5 crores can be won.

Five classmates sit at school desks to start the game. The contestant selects one classmate to come up and stand at a podium next to her, to help out with answers during the game. All of the kids write down their own answers to each question as the game progresses to both help the contestant and add interest to the game. After every two questions, the contestant must choose another classmate to come to "the front of the class" and take the podium to help him/her if required. Notably, upon getting an answer incorrect or deciding to prematurely end the game, the contestant must state that they are, in fact, not smarter than a Paanchvi Pass.

The contestants can make use of their lifelines in three forms:

Taank Jhaank gives the contestant an opportunity to review his current teammate's answer before submitting his own.

Nakal means the contestant may opt not to answer the question at all, but rather, let his current teammate answer for him. Unlike the "Taank Jhaank" cheat, in this instance, the contestant cannot reject his teammate's answer & has to go with it.

Bachao, this cheat is triggered automatically if the contestant gives a wrong answer. If the contestant's current partner turns out to have the correct answer, the contestant is then 'saved'.

The only instance in which two cheats can be used on the same question is if the

contestant opts for Taank Jhaank, rejects the kid's correct answer, gives a wrong answer himself, and is then saved by the kid through Bachao. Other than this one scenario, the cheats must necessarily be used individually.

If the contestant makes it to the 11th and final question, he cannot use the classmate's help in answering the question even if any of his cheats have not been used.

The kids are bright and add fun, innocence and authenticity to the show. So, play along on Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain?, a show that will make for great family viewing with loads of entertainment and edutainment.Get ready to laugh and be laughed at when taking help from our five classmates, besides humbly accepting that, "I am not smarter than a fifth grader

Edited by hrsh - 16 years ago
Want to win Paanchvi Paas? They will help!

Rajul Hegde

Star Plus' Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain have handpicked five children to help contestants win the cash prize of Rs 5 crores.
To know the format of the game show, to be hosted by Shah Rukh Khan, click here.
The children, who will help the contestants, are Shriya Sharma, Dheirya Sorecha, Anubhav Motilal, Sipo*na Ghosal and Milanjeet Singh.

Ask them whether SRK is Paanchvi pass se tez, and they all yell 'no' in chorus. Find out more about these children:

Shriya Sharma

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/16shriya.jpg
Fondly called by Shah Rukh Khan as his 'princess', this 10-year-old aspires to be an astronaut. Born and brought up in Palampur, Shriya is well known in the world of advertising and television. She has done innumerable ads and has also appeared in the serial, Kasauti Zindagi Kay.

Dheirya Sorecha
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/16dheirya.jpg
Dheriya is the naughtiest child in the Paanchvi Paas group. He aspires to become an actor. His acting skills, singing and
mimicry have been proven time and again, as he actively participates in school plays.

"Shah Rukh calls me Harry Puttar because I have specs like Harry Potter [Images]," grins Deriya.

Anubhav Motilal

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/16motilal.jpg
Anubhav is a die-hard Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan [Images] fan. Give him a chance, and he'll break into a song and dance routine. But Anubhav has no acting dreams; he wants to become a chef.

Sreeparna Ghosal

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/16sipo*na.jpg
Shreeparna aspires to be a doctor. Like many kids of her age, Shreeparna loves singing, painting and dancing.

Milanjeet Singh Bhatti
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/16milanjeet.jpg
Milanjeet aspires to be an electronic engineer. Shah Rukh's 'Milli puttar' brings plenty of 'balle balle' mirth on the sets.

Format:

The game is played by a single contestant, who attempts to answer questions taken from elementary school textbooks. Each correct answer increases the amount of money the player banks to a maximum of Rs 5 crores.

The contestant selects one classmate among the five, to help him with answers during the game. After every two questions, the contestant must choose a different classmate to help him out, if required.

The contestant can make use of three lifelines: Taank Jhaank gives the contestant an opportunity to review his current classmate's answer before submitting his own, Nakal allows the current classmate to answer for the contestant, Taank Jhaank lets the contestant use his current classmate's answer.

Bachao is triggered automatically if the contestant gives a wrong answer. If the contestant's current partner has the correct answer, the contestant is saved. If the contestant makes it to the final question, he cannot take his classmate's help even if his lifelines are unused.

Watch Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain from April 25, on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, at 8pm on Star Plus.

http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/16paanchvi.htm

http://www.go-nxg.com/wp-content/upl...rh1l34q105.jpg

Do you want to create history on television through PP, as Amitabh did through KBC?

No; when I started with "Fauji", I never restricted myself by thinking that this is it. If you limit your achievements, you will not grow beyond a certain limit. Every new stint is a new challenge and I let it grow at its own pace, giving it my best. If it becomes history, that's an added bonus. Furthermore, I never compare myself with anyone and I say this with due respect to Amitji.

But what made you take up a stint as a quizmaster?

I love quizzing; I'm a quiz freak. If I was not an actor, I would have become a teacher. Also, I like this team β€” Siddharth Basu, Star Plus. So when they came up with this concept that included kids and the educative format, it got me interested. I have worked with Star Plus and Synergy in the past. It's an intelligent team which comes up with great concepts. The format reinforces the need and importance of education. When I am done with the shoot, I take all the questions home and then we have a quiz competition at my place with my kids and their friends. Another reason I accepted the show is because it has got a good mission. It can change someone's life for ever. The prize money is very high and can be useful to someone who really needs it.

Were you a good student in school?

Though you'll need to ask my teachers to get an honest opinion, I think I did fairly well; just that I was not a dedicated student; I used to study in the last few days. But I used to enjoy my studies like how I enjoy my work now.

So which was your most and least favourite subject?

I loved Geography and Biology but Geography was a bigger favourite. Geography is the science that you can feel around you everyday and that attracted me to it a great deal. The same was with Biology; it's so interesting to know how the living beings around us function. The human body especially is such a fascinatingly complex device! As for the least favourite one, I wouldn't say there was any, though I found physics a bit more challenging than then rest.

(However, when quizzed about the boiling point of water, King Khan promptly replied, "100 C and 212 F!" Acting modest, eh?)

Coming back to PP, why is it different, apart from the prize money?

Everything! We didn't want any duplication of KBC; so , right from the format to the prize money everything is different. In KBC, there was always a definite result β€” you either knew the answer or you didn't. In PP, you always think that you know the answer but it somehow doesn't come to you easily even though the answers are simple. Actually the simplicity of this game is what befuddles you, since adults are always so cocky and confident that they know everything but ask them a simple thing like how many bones you have in your body and they are nonplussed.

Are you open to doing more on TV?

Why not? It's where I started off, so the affinity is definitely there. If somebody approaches me with a concept that is exciting and I have time, I will definitely take it up. I'm open to all genres of entertainment. I never think that 70mm is big and 35mm is small. When it comes to the entertainment and visibility they provide, both are equivalent.

What kind of experiences do you have with the contestants on the show? Are you having fun?

I meet close to 120-150 people on this show and I feel blessed to have brought smiles on their faces. I hug them and kiss them; that is my way of showing my affection and I feel very good when I meet them also because, each one is such a unique person. It's a pleasure to meet such varied and intelligent personalities everyday.

And you are bombarded with gifts from them isn't it?

Oh yes! It's overwhelming to see the gifts that the contestants bring. I cherish them all. In fact, all through the season, I keep collecting the gifts I get and pin it in one corner on the set. And at the end of the season, I take everything home and then Gauri puts everything in my library area. That corner in Mannat is very, very dear to me. (smiles)

Do you plan to bring any celebrities from your IPL team on PP?

Yes Yuvraj Singh has agreed to be a part of the show if his schedule permits. I have asked Dhoni also. Preity Zinta, in fact, made a surprise visit to my place the other day and we had a ball playing impromptu quizzes; so she may want to come. I also want Kajol, Juhi Chawla, Madhuri Dixit, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena and Karan Johar to come aboard since most of them have kids and will relate to the format and then go on to have fun with their kids through it. I also wish to have my son Aryan and his friends come on the show. That will be fun.

How are you managing your schedule between IPL, PP and your Bollywood assignments?

By sleeping for four hours! I'm a labour class man (smiles) I work for 20 hours a day; if I work less than that, I feel my day is wasted.

Lately Salman and Akshay Kumar have stepped onto the TV bandwagon. Does it unnerve you?

Of course not. It's good for TV. I don't think it's a new trend at all. If I have come to television, that does not mean nobody else can come. The more the merrier. TV is a big medium, there's space for all. If someone has the affordability of time and money, then they should definitely come. I wish both Akshay and Salman the best.

Lastly, how do you react when people call you King Khan?

I get really embarrassed. I never call myself the King. I'm a mere worker, an employee of the audience who works very hard. There are many people who have contributed to making me what I am and I think they deserve the title collectively.

Source:http://www.go-nxg.com/?p=385