Debate Mansion

Jayalalita n Sasikala’s garlands Issue!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:50pm | IP Logged

The former Tamil Nadu chief minister and AIADMK chief, Ms J. Jayalalithaa, on Thursday exch-anged garlands with her associate Ms Sasikala in a ceremony traditionally performed by married couples at the Thi-rukkadaiyur Amirta Kadesvar-ar temple near Nagapattinam. An ayush homam was conducted at the temple on the occasion of Ms Jayalalithaa's 60th birthday and Ms Jayalalithaa and Ms Sasikala garlanded each other during the shastiabdapoorthi rituals that followed...........

news.yahoo.com

DMK parties making it a big issue!

At least Tamil society -- is tolerant of a senior political figure tacitly admitting to a partnership with someone of the same x.

Why same-x relationships being pretty much a taboo topic of conversation in most Indian families and even the media?!!

Embarrassed

Edited by Believe - 22 February 2008 at 10:56pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jayalalita n Sasikala’s garlands Issue!!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
I could not see anything that hints at a same sex relationship. The ritual is to be performed by married individuals, but since Jayalalitha is single I see it that a close aide was substituted for completion purposes. I do not see why it is scandalous as I do not think a same sex relationship can be construed. Yeah we can make assumptions based on the nature of the ritual, but nothing concrete. Sames sex or not just let em be, no big deal.

I think same sex relationship are a taboo as we live in a conservative society. Same sex relationships have been looked down upon, treated as unnatural and not conducive to healthy society. Most Indian families want their sons and daughters to have traditional marriage, have sons and daughters of their own and carry on family lineage.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 23 February 2008 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
LOLSSSS again jati mamlaa and some people for thier own interest making it siyasitiii... opposition always look for some lame excuse to raise... I think politicians apprc. each other nothing to do with x-relationship...people making an issue of it..has nothing else to pin point perhaps..means Jayalalithaa is doing good otherwise and is covering her ground in other questionable areas well...

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 27 February 2008 at 5:32pm | IP Logged

I don't know what the population of gays and lesbians is in India, and this may sound totally off the wall. However I think the government should allow and encourage same sex unions in India. This may be one way to finally bring the run away population train under control.

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bunbutt_too

I don't know what the population of gays and lesbians is in India, and this may sound totally off the wall. However I think the government should allow and encourage same sex unions in India. This may be one way to finally bring the run away population train under control.

this is what I call out of box thinking..LOL

Edited by TallyHo - 28 February 2008 at 11:22am

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 28 February 2008 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

Originally posted by bunbutt_too

this is what I call out of box thinking..LOL

Big smileHaila TallyHoji, maan gayeh, ek hee zhatkay mein doh waarWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top