Debate Mansion

Facts about TV Shows and Reality (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

love_Jassi

Groupbie

love_Jassi

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

okie....here are my thoughts...

whoever claims that tv shows are an interpretation of true stories is kidding himself. there was a time about a decade back when the statement would have been true(the time when doordarshan telecasted shows like hum log, buniyad ....etc). however with the advent of cable shows are more and more designed to shock than to immitate reality. let us take the most popular show kskbt, kth, kasauti, kggk, kusum( all of these are brainchild of balaji productions or ekta, apart from all the actors competing with liz taylor on number of marraiges they can have in a lifetime, we have consipiracies and infidelities within a family to an extent that the concept of family starts to feel unpalatable.....god forbid that anyone may end up with a family like these), jjkn(i for one has to come across a single case where two extremely eligible bachelors fall for an poor (compared to them)ugly duckling with a horde of baggage related to self worth and self confidence. most business tycoons marry in thier class or above it for obvious reasons. on second thoughts i have yet to come across a female as spineless and as inconsistent as jassi make it in corporate world...practically everyone who has made it to the top was either one strong ruthless woman with uncanny drive and intution or had a business empire and background handed to her by birth. for those who don't believe me check out the women special edition of business today(i think it was october issue)...and i am refering to allfemale ceos, mds and so on.) astitva( i have yet to meet a female who is like simran ...so stuck with her ideals that she seems to neglect the fact that life does not run on ideals alone)

however lately after watching these shows people seem to try to immitate them in reality. suddenly it is ok to have a crush on your rich engaged boss and act on it/ go for meera syndrome though you fully realize that you may not be the right choice for him(jjkn), marry multiple times, seduce the object of your obsession (even if he is married to someone near and dear),wear saris with wierd cut blouses, hatch conpiracies in family to get your way and lie (even about things like pregnancies which may destroy people's life) if it gives you an edge. in short the younger generation seems to be inclined more and more towards the philosphy that ends justify the means even if the means are immoral and destructive to the society after watching these shows.

Terrific !!! I agree with you.TV shows work more on towards the philosophy of end justifying the means.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Facts about TV Shows and Reality (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pindai

Groupbie

Pindai

Posted: 12 January 2005 at 2:19am | IP Logged
No,No I think Shows imitate reality, hello what about reality T.V?! & I think Shitij in KKusum is really real, he makes mistakes, leaving kumud when she was pregnant because he thought he had cancer, he learns from his mistakes and fights for the truth. As hards as it is to believe, there are people in this world that may actually do the stuff that they do in the serials, I mean how can we know for sure ppl don't? I also think the character Mira in SBKBT is pretty real too, to an extent.

unknowngal

Groupbie

unknowngal

Posted: 05 February 2006 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
i agree

unknowngal

Groupbie

unknowngal

Posted: 05 February 2006 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
i do

unknowngal

Groupbie