Debate Mansion

Facts about TV Shows and Reality (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

chayya

Groupbie

chayya

Posted: 06 January 2005 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

Earlier there were many serials which mirrored everyday life but since kekta came into the picture,she has turned the concept of good tv shows upside down.Now all most all the shows show things which are possible only on Planet X and probably that is where she goes for training!!

There are still a few shows which at least try to show some reality,like JJKN or Astitva and even Sanjivani to some extent but they are so few and far between.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Facts about TV Shows and Reality (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 07 January 2005 at 8:01am | IP Logged

TV Shows always have an unrealistic element to them...forget about Ekta Kapoor, even JJKN is so unrealistic in imitating aspects of the business world (the Board of Directors never WORK, for one thing and the Chairman has no clue as to how a CEO is elected in spite of having a business degree).

TV shows take instances of reality and exaggerate them to a great degree. WHY do they influence people? Its because, they emerge from reality - it does not matter if its from the life of the wealthy, middle-class or poor.

So, I say that reality influences TV Shows which in turn exaggerate it to make us watch.

jprasad

IF-Rockerz

jprasad

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 07 January 2005 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Sometimes on some serials you think that reality is imitated into
these shows. But just as most of these post say, Ekta has made
mush out of good TV shows and people are following in her
footsteps. I can't relate to any of it. I like to watch a good drama
or comedy to escape from the everyday life, but I would also
like to be able to relate to the show.

I also want to share my opinion on reality tv. My take on reality
shows is that they really...well suck I refuse to get pulled into
that garbage. Why would you want to go on national TV and
make a fool out of yourself?

Anyway, I want to relate reality TV and written scripts shows to
point out that TV is loosing it's creativity when it comes to
written script show. Thus, we are turning to reality tv to make
up for that loss in creativity. These TV folks need to find some
people who will write TV shows rather than resort to reality TV.
I know there are some who like reality TV, but I personally hate
them and I don't watch them

jazmine

IF-Dazzler

jazmine

Posted: 07 January 2005 at 11:41am | IP Logged
I ALSO THINK THAT REALITY IMMATATES TV COZ CARTOONS SHOW SUPERMAN FLYING N WHEN KIDS SEE HIM JUMPING FROM A 12 FLOOR HIGH WINDOW THEY TRY JUMPING OUT FROM THEIR WINDOWS AND THEN THEY GET KILLED. SUMHOW TV IZ VERY DANGEROUS.  my age iz 12 n im already givin Bashan to ppl.LOL

mango

IF-Veteran Member

mango

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by HUMM

In fact now days TV shows r not worth watcing all they show is stupid and nonsence, 1 wife 3 affairs, husband in some black money making, husband affairs, out of maaraige children, killing some one, raping some body, trying to be a fashion freak.............etc..............etc.........etc

Come on we r feadup of these stories, bring out some thing new, as jassi did, yeh meri life ws good but again..its taking formulas of ekta now........ hmmm and ekta she has alll common story line for every serial!!
I diifinately feel "REALITY IMMITATES TV SHOWS"

i agree with u humm

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
reality imitates tv shows...

tell me how many pple have u heard about that get married about 3 times...or sacrifice their love to marry the poor pregnant sister...how many very rich guys fall in love with poor unwordly girls??? tv shows are as real as i am aishwarya rai... LOL

pj04

IF-Veteran Member

pj04

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 11:06am | IP Logged

okie....here are my thoughts...

whoever claims that tv shows are an interpretation of true stories is kidding himself. there was a time about a decade back when the statement would have been true(the time when doordarshan telecasted shows like hum log, buniyad ....etc). however with the advent of cable shows are more and more designed to shock than to immitate reality. let us take the most popular show kskbt, kth, kasauti, kggk, kusum( all of these are brainchild of balaji productions or ekta, apart from all the actors competing with liz taylor on number of marraiges they can have in a lifetime, we have consipiracies and infidelities within a family to an extent that the concept of family starts to feel unpalatable.....god forbid that anyone may end up with a family like these), jjkn(i for one has to come across a single case where two extremely eligible bachelors fall for an poor (compared to them)ugly duckling with a horde of baggage related to self worth and self confidence. most business tycoons marry in thier class or above it for obvious reasons. on second thoughts i have yet to come across a female as spineless and as inconsistent as jassi make it in corporate world...practically everyone who has made it to the top was either one strong ruthless woman with uncanny drive and intution or had a business empire and background handed to her by birth. for those who don't believe me check out the women special edition of business today(i think it was october issue)...and i am refering to allfemale ceos, mds and so on.) astitva( i have yet to meet a female who is like simran ...so stuck with her ideals that she seems to neglect the fact that life does not run on ideals alone)

however lately after watching these shows people seem to try to immitate them in reality. suddenly it is ok to have a crush on your rich engaged boss and act on it/ go for meera syndrome though you fully realize that you may not be the right choice for him(jjkn), marry multiple times, seduce the object of your obsession (even if he is married to someone near and dear),wear saris with wierd cut blouses, hatch conpiracies in family to get your way and lie (even about things like pregnancies which may destroy people's life) if it gives you an edge. in short the younger generation seems to be inclined more and more towards the philosphy that ends justify the means even if the means are immoral and destructive to the society after watching these shows.

Edited by pj04 - 10 January 2005 at 11:07am

rabeeak2003

IF-Dazzler

rabeeak2003

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:08pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by HUMM

In fact now days TV shows r not worth watcing all they show is stupid and nonsence, 1 wife 3 affairs, husband in some black money making, husband affairs, out of maaraige children, killing some one, raping some body, trying to be a fashion freak.............etc..............etc.........etc

Come on we r feadup of these stories, bring out some thing new, as jassi did, yeh meri life ws good but again..its taking formulas of ekta now........ hmmm and ekta she has alll common story line for every serial!!
I diifinately feel "REALITY IMMITATES TV SHOWS"

agreed humm!

Edited by rabeeak2003 - 10 January 2005 at 6:08pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top