Kkusum

Kusum's Interview

Kareena's World thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Interview with television actor Manasi Joshi Roy…

How did 'Kkusum' happen?
I had been clued onto Kkusum for quite some time, especially when my husband, Rohit played Kkusum's husband Abhay. When they approached me to play Kkusum I gave it quite some thought and then accepted it because as an actress it would be challenging to

step into another actresses shoes and yet emulate the attributes and qualities of a character as established and popular as Kkusum. Ultimately the character is always bigger than the actress. I have already started playing Kkusum and am quite enjoying it. I am able to relate with the character and understand the nuances of the role, which is very important.

How does it feel to replace another actress in a role? How are the viewers taking it?
While viewers relate a certain face to a character, it is always the character's qualities and personality that they find endearing and relate to more than the actor playing the role. It is Kkusum that they have loved and admired for over two years. Fortunately I have been able to understand and appreciate the role I have taken on and viewers seem to have accepted me too. The ratings of the show have been a positive indicator of this fact.

How come you are back on the acting scene? Once an actor, always an actor?

You can say that again! Well, I did want to come back for quite some time now, and there were many offers to but nothing as exciting. Prior to the break in my career, I had played a strong protagonist in Saaya, which aired on Sony Entertainment Television. It was a lead role that got me quite a lot of recognition and accolades. I was waiting for the right role to come through and Kkusum really interested me.

Is this the first show with Balaji Telefilms?
Infact Balaji Telefilms have approached me a couple of times for their various shows. Due to my sabbatical I wasn't keen on taking up anything at the time. Kkusum was offered to me at the perfect time when I was considering working on a good project. So I met up with the creative team and took a look at kKusum's role. Besides, thanks to my husband, I understand and appreciated the wide appeal of Kkusum.

How does it feel working with the Kkusum family?
It feels great. Everyone right from the cast to the crew to the creative teams at Balaji have given me a warm welcome. Being from the industry I already knew a lot of people I'm working with but it felt good when everyone was trying to make me feel comfortable... truly feels like a family. I'm having great fun shooting with such good professionals.

Do you come from am acting background with respect to your family?
I did come from theatre background. My dad Arvind Joshi is a writer, director, actor in Gujrati theatre. My mom and brother were also into acting. So you can say that acting was is in my genes. I did my first professional play (Gujrati), under my dad's direction, when I was in college. And I guess that's why I never felt the need to join a professional training course in acting.After I finished my graduation (B.A.Psychology), I started getting a lot of offers in modeling and films. I toyed with the idea of joining the film industry, but decided against it; I don't think I am a good dancer. I took up modeling and did a lot of assignments. I have done more than 100 ad commercials till date.In the year 1995, Star Movies asked me to host a show Bol Bollywood. Later I did Feroz Khan's play All The Best, which turned out to be a smash hit; eight years down the line I am still doing and enjoying it. And then came Gaatha and Saaya.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kareena's World thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I found this interview about KKusum so I posted it here😊. Please tell me what do guys think of her?
Sparkling_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
good interview kareena thanks for puting it up but she has said a wrong thing that people have accepted her as kusum but alot people have not
Cool_girl_2145 thumbnail

😡thanks for posting an interview...i would say whatever she said in the interview was totally wrong...she said she got offers in movies and modelling....she can never be a model...first of all she's too short and fat....so please give me a breake kusum you can never be a good actress neither a mode...so nice dream 😡

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
thankz 4 da interview...................yea a lotta stuff she said waz her dreamin.....for ex: auduence acceptin her as kkusum, she bein a gud actor etc
-Amisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting the interview.😊 And I also think that she was wrong when she said that people have accepted her as Kkusum. At least, I know that I haven't accepted her as Kkusum. I watch the show only for Kumud and Kshtij, not this replacement of the old Kkusum.
bollyfreak thumbnail

i have accepted her as kkusum. i hated her at first but not cuz i hated her personally...it was just cuz i missed nausheen. but i like her now....

shes gujju! YEAH GUJJU PRIDE! All the people on the show are...

well kkusum, kumud, and kali all are.....i dont think anyone else is. But these are the main three. YEAAAAAH! hahaha..

Tabs thumbnail

Totally agree with you all..... hands up who has accepted her as kusum... my god her nose is so annoying... im going to have to slap her face....

Model... ha ha yeah right and ive been offered to be the next queen of england.... 😛

shahidlover24 thumbnail
Thx for postin the interview!

P.S.-Dream on Kkusum!
ExoticDivinity2 thumbnail

Rohit Roy looks much younger then Mansi Joshi Roy.  Is she older then him?????