Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: raj5000

I agree depends on individuals but it's not the question of taking it seriously, some people who dedicate few hours on TV, are pulled into it. With Adv / Promotions etc.. it's somewhat kinna addiction works and they relate to one or many characters... switch around at prime times almost all channels(desi), having similar saga going onn. It's kind a mental block of routine ups and down, only problem I feel arise when channels are promoting it to extremity...

The medium is pure fiction meant for entertainment. There is a certain amount of psychological involvement in any show, movie or book. Entertainment should have the ability to grip audiences. If we try to draw a line on what amount of psychological involvement a show should be allowed to have then we are stepping in murky waters.

There are lot more graphic and disturbing shows out there. There are shows that portray graphic sex and violence. There are reality based shows that recount stories of rape victims, prisoners of war, abused children and a whole lot more that is sick and hard hitting. The news itself is graphic. During the months after 9/11 several people had Post traumatic stress disorder from merely watching the news.

I am sorry, but when there is so much in the world that could be affecting us that deserves our attention - I can have no sympathy for people who are troubled by a mere soap. When there are some teenagers out there who can stomach real crime shows with maturity - these people who let soaps effect them like this are pathetic excuses for human beings.

A soap is entertainment. It is meant to be enjoyed and then forgotten. There maybe characters we love and feel for, but obsession over them is ridiculous. If someone is getting involved in a soap so much that it mentally affects them then it is NOT the soaps fault. It is the fault of people who are immature and cannot control themselves. Maybe it is difficult for people to control themselves, maybe it is an impulse that is hard to fight - but that is what psychiatrists are there for.

Start censoring the soaps right to broadcast, promote and advertise. What next........public litigation against roadrunner for mental trauma and physical damage to Wily Coyote?
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

The medium is pure fiction meant for entertainment. There is a certain amount of psychological involvement in any show, movie or book. Entertainment should have the ability to grip audiences. If we try to draw a line on what amount of psychological involvement a show should be allowed to have then we are stepping in murky waters.

Thats the whole issue, not we but production houses should ensure to be confined within the that so called thin line when acknowledging and respecting sentiments of audiences who are, so called faithfull lot. For Example (disclaimer TOM and Jerry Fan..avoid reading further) we all love Tom and Jerry...age no bar, this shows has special place in our hearts...all love Jerry kicking Tom's ...  but fact is cat eat mouse... if some new creative story writer joins the team and plans brutal killing of Jerry, that is propoganded with pans to finally bring Jerry's twin bro to beat Tom...a fictional story..but would it hurt feelings to see or learn Jerry was sliced and eatened in yummy Tom's sandwiches...if not anyone personally atleast I and few of people I know won;t like it... bottom line is cater your audiences and do not cross limits...

There are lot more graphic and disturbing shows out there. There are shows that portray graphic sex and violence. There are reality based shows that recount stories of rape victims, prisoners of war, abused children and a whole lot more that is sick and hard hitting. The news itself is graphic. During the months after 9/11 several people had Post traumatic stress disorder from merely watching the news.

Yes there are for which choice of watching them or not is easy.... but here we are talking about soaps..who build and get audiences involved for period of years and have a tragic turn...so unfair to them

I am sorry, but when there is so much in the world that could be affecting us that deserves our attention - I can have no sympathy for people who are troubled by a mere soap. When there are some teenagers out there who can stomach real crime shows with maturity - these people who let soaps effect them like this are pathetic excuses for human beings.

Thats another issue altogether..which family living a day to day life bothers whats going around...sad but true... they believe in work..coming hom ..eating dinner over some TV Show... yeah human beingsπŸ˜‰ expect the unexpected... if people start thinking like some individuals on DM life will change, if that is gona happenπŸ˜›

A soap is entertainment. It is meant to be enjoyed and then forgotten. There maybe characters we love and feel for, but obsession over them is ridiculous. If someone is getting involved in a soap so much that it mentally affects them then it is NOT the soaps fault. It is the fault of people who are immature and cannot control themselves. Maybe it is difficult for people to control themselves, maybe it is an impulse that is hard to fight - but that is what psychiatrists are there for.

No it's not obsession...its just one starts living with routine... if the doorstep bhajiwala of 10 years, suddenly is not comming at 9:00Am ..then there is unrest...becomes a routine... Obviously difficult for people to control... if everyone could control themselves..world would have have a totally different place to live... but for uncontrollable actions there are reasons...and thats we are trying to address and understand I guess..

Start censoring the soaps right to broadcast, promote and advertise. What next........public litigation against roadrunner for mental trauma and physical damage to Wily Coyote?

πŸ˜† Why not? Any harm being cause to individuals, majority of them even becuase of weakness... that can be corrected easily without the healthy few objects, whats the harm? After all we all should look after each other...no one is perfect...if one is strong in some aspects and compromises...there are others strong in one's weakness, ready to compromise for betterment...LOLSS not necessarily but what is wrong in doing what one expects...

raj5000 thumbnail

rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

No one is taking the right to expression, but limit? .... Mental asylum bana padega if left loose on expression, pagal kar degge trp's ke naam parπŸ˜‰ Saas bhi Bahu Mental Asylum...Dulhan Mental Health recovery centre etc.. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† woh bhi aisey waiseu nahee....tere naam wale πŸ˜† aik bar phase tho phir nikalna mushkil

hear yaa it's fiction...not not understand that way by few...ha ha ha @ brood over SV death... jsut took a sneak peek...in that section... u might be surprised to see the dukh some are goind thru...😳

hmm, yeah i peek a boo did too.😳 , i am surprised why i don't feel so bad about the pain on their death, guess i have become strong after seeing many of my favs die ....in ekta shamshaan......hmmmm. yeh baat ho sakti hai .....πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

okay if we go for some law, like what kind of restrictions can we put....

- dont reapeat crap - dont drag crap - dont kick out and rope in suddenly -

these from my side....and never change the main lead guys ... 

raj5000 thumbnail

raj5000 thumbnail

inlined in blue bold below..

Personally, I hate soaps. If it were up to me I would ban each and everyone of them. They are the most worthless mind numbing idiocratic piece of crap ever produced in history. They are the worst thing you can ever do with your time and will reduce your IQ to that of a pea, perhaps even a pea is smarter than soap watching people.

Despite my vehement dislike for soaps, I simply cannot advocate for the banning or restricting of soaps in any way shape of form. Trying to restrict them is simply not right, it disrespectfully tramples over the freedom and expression of people.

People have the right to watch what they want. Whether it is religious programming or some silly game show, whether it is a crime series or a soap opera; people should have the say in what they want to watch. Writers and directors have creative authority over what their creation. Whatever elements they add in scripting and for whatever reason - social awareness, personal expression or popularity and ratings - the creators have absolute right to do what they want. It is their creation.

Some creators like to flow with public consensus and cater to the masses, some like to snub the masses. It is completely their prerogative.

This has become quite a ridiculous world we live in. Personal responsibility and accountability mean nothing any more. Sensibility, discretion, moderation, reason are all human processes being flushed down the toilet.

As the days go by we are becoming dumber as a race, needing to be told whats going on. We need labels to tell that a cup of expresso or a bowl of soup is hot. We need labels to tell us ice is cold.

When I was a kid and cried because I lost in some game, mom would tell me it's just a game, I need to grow up and be a better sport. We are moving in a direction where we change the rules so no one loses instead of teaching children to be better people. If I spent too much time playing PC games or watching TV, mom would yell at me that I was irresponsible and not doing things I should do. We are moving in a direction where it is never our fault if we watched too much TV or played to many games. They need to make things less addictive. Sometimes little kids cry when bad things happen in fairy tales, parents tell them it is just a story. Parents take accountability in making sure that their children know the differene between make believe and reality. We are moving in a direction where we are shirling our responsibilities and blaming others. We expect them to do what we must.

When a person becomes too involved in a soap opera and is upset by the outcomes, they have no one to blame but themselves. Its just a book, its just a game, its just a movie, its just a show - these are little things we expect kids to be aware of. For centuries young people have drawn the line between captivated by myths and tales, absorbing stories and still learned to tell the difference. When an adult loses that rational capacity, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Stop allowing people to flush away their own rationality, responsibility and accountability and blame it on the soap opera. If they are too involved, help them get away from it. If they are too upset, tech them to get over it.

Why do we want to take away their ability to use their brain and completely alter their environment so they can safely be brain dead. So that they may waste away their life in front of the television with no undue stress, with nothing to upset them or scare them - nothing ever that would want them to do something else. Yes lets further assist soap opera viewers in killing their brain cells by denying them the opportunity to think and make them into television zombies. Wonderful!
rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

inlined in blue bold below..

🀣 πŸ€£ @underlined. - kuch zyada udhaa diya yaar....πŸ˜†

or have you been watching too much dulhan lately.πŸ˜‰

jasmine_triv thumbnail

If people took shows personally they would have to cancel SVU. People who do take them seriously, need help.

haha..I kind of agree

Although I also think that with some shows people should get slightly affected like with Amber Dhara, the story of conjoined twins and Jassi Jaisi koi nahin where people can learn not do discriminate people by the way that they look.

I have heard that in rural villages they leave disabled babies or baby girls to die on the streets, so if these types of shows help parents realise that everyone is unique and girls are as important as boys then I say let people get emotionally involved.

Although I do feel some shows like the ones where saas bahus try and kill each other are slightly too much. Especially if bahu's watch and try to poison their saas after watching.
πŸ˜†