Tarot

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 17 February 2008 at 7:26pm | IP Logged

Hiya,

i found some information of Tarot and Tarot so thought to share it with u!...and wanted to know that - Do u Believe in Tarot?

Tarot

The traditional tarot consists of 78 cards are divided into 22 major arcana card (greater secrets) and 56 minor arcana cards - lesser secrets-. The major arcana depict 22 spiritual lessons in allegorical fashion. The 56 minor arcana are similar to a modern deck of 52 playing cards and consists of four suits, containing ten pip or numbered cards plus four court cards in each suit.

The most infuential tarot deck, the RIDER-WAITE-SMITH deck was conceived by Arthur Waite , ilustrated by Pamela Colman Smith and published by Rider in 1910.

TAROT CARDS

Major Arcana:

0 the Fool air, Uranus
1 The Magician - mercury

2 The High Priestess Moon
3 The Empress - Venus

4 The Emperor - Aries
5 The Hierophant - Taurus

6 The Lovers - Gemini
7 The Chariot - Cancer

8 - Strength Leo
9 The Hermit - Virgo

10 The Wheel of Fortune - Jupiter
11 Justice Libra

12 The Hanged Man water, Neptune
13 Death - Scorpio

14 Temperance - Sagittarius
15 The Devil - Capricorn

16 The Tower - Mars
17 The Star - Aquarius

18 The Moon - Pisces
19 The Sun - Sun

20 Judgement fire, Pluto
21 The World Saturn

The Major Arcana naturally fall into two groups, with the Wheel of Fortune significantly at the mid point - this turning point between one half of life and the other is of critical importance.

The Minor Arcana: 

The 56 Minor Arcana cards are divided into four suits, much like traditional playing cards. These are Wands, Cups, Swords and Pentacles.

Some of the suits may have other names:

- Wands are also known as Rods or Batons

- Pentacles are also known as Coins or Discs

Each suit has numbered cards 1-10, and 4 court cards: Page, Knight, Queen and King

Astrological elements and signs associated with each suit are:

Wands Fire Aries, Leo, Sagittarius

Cups Water Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces

Swords Air Gemini, Libra, Aquarius

Pentacles Earth Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus

Wands are associated with career, work, and creativity

Cups are associated with emotions and affairs of the heart

Swords are associated with our thoughts and intellect

Pentacles are associated with money and material matters .

The Major Arcana that describes the element, planet and astrological sign associated with each card.

Major Arcana cards that carry an astrological sign can be used as a guide for timing in a reading, so it's very useful to familiarize yourself with these cards.

Essentially the dates of each astrological sign can be associated with the corresponding Major Arcana card in a reading.

For example if The Emperor came up in a spread, it may be signifying a date between 21st March and 20th April. Here's a table to help you learn the dates.

Number Card Title Astrological Sign Dates :

4 The Emperor - Aries 21st March 20th April

5 The Hierophant - Taurus 21st April 21st May

6 The Lovers - Gemini 22nd May 21st June

7 The Chariot - Cancer 22nd June 23rd July

11 Strength - Leo 24th July 23rd August

9 The Hermit Virgo 24th August 23rd September

8 Justice - Libra 24th September 23rd October

13 Death - Scorpio 24th October 22nd November

14 Temperance - Sagittarius 23rd November 21st December

15 The Devil - Capricorn 22nd December 20th January

17 The Star - Aquarius 21st January 19th February

18 The Moon - Pisces 20th February 20th March

We also touched on the fact that the Major Arcana represents a journey from earliest awareness (The Fool numbered 0) to fulfillment (The World numbered 21), and that the cards represent the qualities and experiences we must incorporate in our lives before we can realize our full potential, emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Also that the Major Arcana naturally falls into two groups with the Wheel of Fortune significantly at mid point, this turning point between one half of life's experiences and the other is very important.

Try to keep these factors in mind as you learn the Major Arcana cards, however, will be referring to this in more detail in covering spreads.

Each card in the Tarot deck, both Major and Minor Arcana, has a positive meaning and a reversed or negative meaning.

Source: http://www.spiritualityworld.com/pages/tarot.php

Big smile

xoxo

-LaraSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

payal_rshijhuGracella

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tarot" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

payal_r

Goldie

payal_r

Posted: 18 February 2008 at 1:27am | IP Logged
i do belive as it normally comes true Embarrassed Smile

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 23 February 2008 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by payal_r

i do belive as it normally comes true Embarrassed Smile

i believe it but i don't believe it too....it's like 50/50!LOLLOL...yea, u r right sometimes it comes true!but sometimes it does not.

thx for replying!

xoxo
-LaraSmile

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 24 February 2008 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
hey awesome info Lara!
actually i've heard a lot of Tarot reading..but i never got the opportunity to get a reading done..i would love too.. Big smile

Love,
Gracella

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 24 February 2008 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
wowwwwwwwwww info is fabulous dear Clap
tho i belive in tarot card reading but never tried once cuz never got a chnace actually Big smile

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 27 February 2008 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gracella

hey awesome info Lara!
actually i've heard a lot of Tarot reading..but i never got the opportunity to get a reading done..i would love too.. Big smile

Love,
Gracella

thx gracy =]

oh!... but it is very rare so yea, its hard to find a right person and right place for Tarot reading.

xoxo
-LaraSmile

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 27 February 2008 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shijhu

wowwwwwwwwww info is fabulous dear Clap
tho i belive in tarot card reading but never tried once cuz never got a chnace actually Big smile

thx shijhu! And hope u get a chance to try it =]

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.