Harry Potter

Animagi and their wands?where does it go?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

--AROMAL--

IF-Dazzler

--AROMAL--

Posted: 16 February 2008 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Animagi and their wands?, Where does an animagus carry his/her wand?

let us see..

When Pettigrew came back as a wizard in PoA, did he have a wand? No.

When McGonagall changed from a cat in PS in the classroom was her wand mentioned? No, probably on the table.

When McGonagall changed from a cat in PS in Privet Drive, there was similarly no mention of her wand.

When the Marauders changed in their school days, maybe they left their wands in their rooms?

But
Sirius Black had his wand in PoA, and he had been living as a dog.

Even if the wand did change with the wizard, what would it change to? I can see it now... Sirius Black the wizard with a wand turning into Snuffles with a magical tick sucking his blood with a magical core...

also,there is a film/book split here. In the books it seems that clothes get transformed with the witch/wizard thus avoiding the embarassment of animagi not wearing anything when they un-transform. The markings on the animal may even relate to what the wizard normally wears (Rita's beetle and McGonagall's cat both have markings resembling  spectacles). PoA (book) also describes animagi as wizards who can transform at will into animals, there is no mention of needing a wand (when Wormtail escapes he grabs a wand to attack those around him, and only transforms after Harry's expelliarmus stops him from attacking anyone else). Eqaully if Sirius needed a wand to transform he would never have escaped from Azkaban, as I am sure they confiscate your wand when they you there. A wand is only needed to force an animagus to un-transform.
However in the film Wormtail un-transforms wearing clothes, but leaves a pile of clothes when he transforms, having just used a wand to start the transformation.

So I'm back to square one... maybe JKR just didn't think this through..or did she??..post in ur golden thots..

Edited by aromal - 16 February 2008 at 1:42pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Animagi and their wands?where does it go?" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 16 February 2008 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
well there are loads of bloopers in the movies so you shouldn't judge the matter entirely by just watching the movies... there must be something in the books that we've overlooked.... i'm not really sure about this.... good question, though Smile let's see what the others have to say

sumera siddiqui

Goldie

sumera siddiqui

Posted: 17 February 2008 at 7:27am | IP Logged
there r sooo many bloopers in the movie.In poa book there's no mention of pettigrew's clothes at that incident.

--AROMAL--

IF-Dazzler

--AROMAL--

Posted: 19 February 2008 at 5:12am | IP Logged

i think i wod restart this topic..i dint get any discussion repliesCry

Edited by aromal - 19 March 2008 at 11:52am

--AROMAL--

IF-Dazzler

--AROMAL--

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chhilt

well there are loads of bloopers in the movies so you shouldn't judge the matter entirely by just watching the movies... there must be something in the books that we've overlooked.... i'm not really sure about this.... good question, though Smile let's see what the others have to say

no one said anything..i hope i get proper replies dis time..

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:09am | IP Logged
dont count d movies...dere r too mny bloopers dere

Post Reply New Post

Go to top