Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Groovychick

IF-Rockerz

Groovychick

Posted: 07 September 2005 at 11:06am | IP Logged

hey guyz...i ave lotz of indian frens nd i no sumthing that lotz of their parents force them 2 be either a docrtor or lawyer or even an engineer....i mean...i no the parents mean the best 4 them but they jus shouldn't dump their decision lyk that on their children...i mean it could spoil their whole lyf!!! i think evry1 has a ryt 2 choose woteva they want 2 b!!!

plz tell me wot u guyz thinkSmile

luv tina

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian Parents!!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fatty1

Goldie

fatty1

Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
i agree

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
a chiild has theitr right of what to be. my parents r happy wid my choice. i myself want to be a laywer. haha. lol. no it;sa not my parents choice it's mine. anyway i stioll go to high school so long yr's. my parents ar elike fine that's o.k as loing as u try and work hard u;ll get there. but ther'll be happy wid whateva i want to be.

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
yeh, i agree it is up to the children
but its hard not to get caught up in the loop.
i mean, parents do want the best for us, and they want us to have a career in which we are financially stable and able to support ourselves and future families.  Yes, we have  a right to decide our own careers, but we should also choose something we love and that our parents agree on.....thats the best way to goSmile

PixieDust91

Goldie

PixieDust91

Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Finally! Someone who thinks the same thing! For example, I said I wanted to be a pharmacist, and my dad said "No! That's not good! You should be a doctor." I also thought about being a meteorologist and his reaction "I'm not gonnna let you be a weather girl!" I want do do something different and not be a doctor and he wants me to be one. I know that he wants whats best for me, but i'm really not interested in becoming a doctor.

fatty1

Goldie

fatty1

Posted: 08 September 2005 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Big smile

simi1295

Goldie

simi1295

Posted: 08 September 2005 at 8:47am | IP Logged
i dont agree with you. being an indian and having alot of indian friends. nor my parents or my friends parents ever made us do anything we didnt want to do. my parnets always told me to have good education, no matter what i was studyn as long as i was doing somting.

punjabiprincess

punjabiprincess

Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:24am | IP Logged

Originally posted by simi1295

i dont agree with you. being an indian and having alot of indian friends. nor my parents or my friends parents ever made us do anything we didnt want to do. my parnets always told me to have good education, no matter what i was studyn as long as i was doing somting.

I agree with you 100%Thumbs Up, my parents are like that too. They just want me to be happy in the future and get a well education, no matter what my career choice is.Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top