~*Tragic Love~*

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
 Hello dears!!
As we all know valentines day is just over...so In honor of anti-valentines dayLOLTongue, what is your favorite tragic love story? One where it just comes all undone, for at least one of the characters or possibly, sparks a chain of horrible events?

My first nominee is Wuthering Heights....and also how much i hate Romeo and Juliet this has to be somewhere in the list.

So, now over to u guys....plz hit the reply button and do answer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*Tragic Love~*" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
I am not really sumone who can boast of having read a good number of Love Stories, tragic or not...
The next book of shelf for me is Wuthering Heights though..

But as of now, though it qualifies rather as a social novel than a Love story, I would still say 'Anna Karenina'. the Anna Track in the book is the one that is Tragic. Tolstoy uses that Track to tell us how Love Life can lead to Death. The lives of every single person in that track is ruined - everyone from Anna to Karenine. Ironically, he uses the Levin Track to tell us how understanding of Death leads man to love Life. Man whatta great work of art...truly Flawless! a phenomenal parallel drama.Clap

PS: Boy dont I love the "tragic" love of Professor Snape and Lily Evans in Harry Potter?! Wink Wink Wink

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 15 February 2008 at 9:42pm

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 17 February 2008 at 6:26am | IP Logged
I think for the most tragic love story would be P.S i love u! Clap Romeo Juliet somehow doesnot qualify in my list of "Tragic love stories" yes, both the lovers die but atleast dey dont have to bear the pain of losing thier loved one.. For me tragic is one u have to bear the pain of losing ur loved one and living without that person! Embarrassed

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 17 February 2008 at 7:24am | IP Logged
^^oh yeah they did both Romeo and Juliet suffered that very pain. Its bcoz they suffered unbearable pain that they took their Lives...
that pain u refer to, it is just a pain of one moment...an instantaneous suffering, Its not long lasting...People who have lived thru the tide of times after losing their Love suffer no more than People who has suicided due to that misery. It just cums down to how much persevering u are by nature. this instinct to kill urself just cums as a flash. U just need to strength to get over that Imprudent instict.
The lone difference is that while some have the capacity to persevere thru that moment and still live, both Romeo and Juliet didnt display the strength for that.

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 19 February 2008 at 6:59am

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 19 February 2008 at 6:09am | IP Logged
cleopatra with mark antony!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top