Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Another season another revealation by Zee

sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 7:51am | IP Logged

Another show of Zee Saregama, another revealation of us as a nation and another record TRP season

First there was Challenge 2005 and the whole Debojit and Assam , That show brought Zee TV back to the big boys club. This brought forth how regionally divided we are, harsh but a reality

There was Little champs and Diwakar and his attributes and everyone's favourite the great Abhijitda, TRP's we all know

There was the C2007 and the whole Indo-Pakistan thing, TRP's all time high

and now Amir Hafiz and the claim about Raja and Amanat(that people of a community will never get a fair shake in IndiaWink), and as proclaimed by a Mr Sonu Nigam, high TRP ratings

Perhaps the issue would have been avoided by the presentation of class by the individuals involved,  perhaps it would have been avoided if Zee wasnt going (sensational)journalistic on us

But two facts remain

This has boomed the TRP ratings for the show

This is at the back of the mind of some people, the national media is too lame to tackle this issue and Zee although for their own benefit has the guts to put these uncomfortable issues at the forefront

The question for debate

Is Zee TV right to bring these issues up front or they should just leave it like everyone else to be resolved by time?

r perhaps they should leave these for issues to be dealt with by some mature medium

or these issues dont even exist and Zee TV is just cashing in on these minor issues?

Note: Please show appropriate sensitivities around the issues, since there are IF rules regarding discussing the merits of each of the revealationLOL

Edited by sareg - 15 February 2008 at 12:34pm

raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 8:51am | IP Logged

Yes, viewers should be made aware of what's going on stage but in simplistic manner being a reality show. Viewers should be at least hinted about what happened or what went wrong to make their judgment on future happenings. I mean if there is obvious un-comfortness on the show we should know the reason.

Now comes this over orchestration and propaganda is just so Thumbs Down*THUMPS DOWN Thumbs Down , finally boils down to ratings and trp. TRP key liye kuch bhi karega…is today's shows ka funda and why not …it's working we all are talking about it agreed not in good way but WE ARE!

My personal feeling SRGM is no more a reality TV, it's all very well planned and scripted show, and they create such an environment so that those emotions / tempers go beyond a limit. I won't be surprised if there are Zee TV's moles sitting among the audiences instigating fans / family.

BTW – What about claims by Raja/Amanat as told by Mr. Sonu, you mentioned…am not sure if read about it..any link would help. This rumor or reality... am not sure… that Rohanpreet is somehow backed by Zee, due to contacts etc..reason he did get eliminated week before, makes me ROFL...come on PEOPLE!!! lolss

sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

BTW – What about claims by Raja/Amanat 

Ok just to clarify

also for the benefit of people who do not watch Saregamapa that often

1. Bringing forth the fact that We Indians are regionally biased and it shows

2. We generally go by our heart based upon someone's disability rather than ignoring the irrelevant factors

3. We cannot keep our nationalistic feelings aside and we give into who we align with

4. No matter what, certain people however long they reside in India will never consider as "their" own. Or as a matter of fact, we will find someway to blame our failure to do something on some ethnic divide which may or may not have any relation

Now the intent of the debate is not to discuss these issues, but Zee has brought up these issues up which to an extent are pretty true, No national medium of media has dealt with these issues, but somehow Zee has clumsily tried to define a discussion around it

some prefer to just admonish that debate with some sort of theoretical logics, but a lot of our fellow citizens do posses those thoughts and will continue to posses them till it is addressed

Do you beleive Zee is right to frame this debate?

or you would prefer to have it done by someone else?

or you dont even agree those issues existWink

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

Now the intent of the debate is not to discuss these issues, but Zee has brought up these issues up which to an extent are pretty true, No national medium of media has dealt with these issues, but somehow Zee has clumsily tried to define a discussion around it

some prefer to just admonish that debate with some sort of theoretical logics, but a lot of our fellow citizens do posses those thoughts and will continue to posses them till it is addressed

Do you beleive Zee is right to frame this debate?

or you would prefer to have it done by someone else?

or you dont even agree those issues existWink

Am not familiar with politics on SRGMP and Zee but are you saying in the wake of Aamir's elimination, Zee is putting itself on trial as a defendent? Haven't seen the episode but from what I read Aamir's family acted like sore loser , but when any reality show is fraught with controversies (and srgmp is no exception) why Zee decided now to bring this debate forth when the finals are just 2 weeks away begs the question. Wink 

Edited by lighthouse - 15 February 2008 at 2:30pm
Yeah IF-Dazzler
Yeah
Yeah

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

The question for debate

Is Zee TV right to bring these issues up front or they should just leave it like everyone else to be resolved by time?

Whether its for TRPs or not...I don't care...but I am GLAD that these issues are coming forward...India has been around for what centuries... the government itself is merely 50years old....but the same ppl have been living in India for centuries... and the fact that we have not been able to rise above all and learn to appreciate ALL and not jus ppl of our community is disstressing..... I mean I think you yourself kinda killed the question by saying "they should just leave it like EVERYONE ELSE to be resolved by time".... time doesn't resolve issues....time may hide the issues...but em in the back...but the issues immediately arise gain when the moment is ripe.... PEOPLE have to take actions and if ppl dont take actions then situations worsen.... agreed that when some ppl take actions...its for the worse....but the fact remains that passivity will not yield a solution....action needs to be taken....

And if Zee is taking action....though to increase TRPs.... something is better than nothing...

r perhaps they should leave these for issues to be dealt with by some mature medium

What mature medium? Newspaper-biased and no one reads them

Internet- mature? I think not.

News Channels? They don't have time from Saif-kareena and the Great Khali....and Daud Ibrahim......so no chance of such LONG term problems in news channels

Parliaments- don't wanna discuss em...sooo no chance...

Delegations/Conferences- NEVER successful....leaders jus fool each other and leave....

Movies...music....not mature I would say....

soooo what medium is left that is mature.....Seeing the mature mediums don't take action or are never successful.... it's the immature ones that must take action.

or these issues dont even exist and Zee TV is just cashing in on these minor issues?

That's like asking whether the earth exists or not....let's not go into philosohpy....but come on we all know that our parents only like to support ppl of our own culture....beliefs....I mean my parents aren't rude, inhumane beings....but they are more supportive towards ppl of their culture.....

I mean even internationally...if there was a competition between a Canadian and Indian....but parents would prolly end up supporting the Indian....rite....although I would say I am much more open minded....a lot of ppl today think like my parents...and more closed minded than i'd like to think they are.....soooo defenitely there is much segregation in our society...based on state, religion, culture, and to an extent colour even today....

and these issues are not minor.....it's these issues which are destroying our world.....if we ppl cannot be compassioante towards each other, show each other equal respect....how do we expect to unanimously solve global probs such as pollution, rising population, and fights for land or power....

sad sad world we live in....sad sad world!Cry 

Note: Please show appropriate sensitivities around the issues, since there are IF rules regarding discussing the merits of each of the revealationLOL

Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 15 February 2008 at 11:32pm | IP Logged

Its all bussiness tatics...cos that controversies Rating will highEmbarrassed....Now feel bored with Reality shows....kidar bi dheeka tho SingersConfused....aur koi nahe hey kya ye duniya main...EmbarrassedTongueWink

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 16 February 2008 at 9:10am | IP Logged
See I feel Zee is playing with the emotions galore - their affirmative actions faoring vminorities, disabled etc and their inciting outrage...etc.. so I dont think its new........ they do it to increase their viewership and maintain certain amount of thrill.. but sometimes getting the communal, regional things in the show can back-fire - if people take things seriously and there are riots... Subhash bhai might be seen chakee peesing...and peesing and peesing.... LOL

As long as they know where to stop that should be entertaining enough...

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 February 2008 at 9:11am

Go to top